PDA

View Full Version : So, today is Friday

Blondie
May 17th, 2013, 06:26 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Friday! Can you feel the electricity in the air? The humming inside each and every Monday through Friday working soul? And since it is Spring ala almost summer, can you feel the anticipation of charcoal warming up in the barbi? Just the word Friday evokes mini vacations to most. With school almost ready to be out for the summer season, the vakays will soon begin. As much as I like to envision my every day as a devotion to fun pursuits, it is truly the weekend when I can let my hair down and run barefoot through the yard. Now if you believe that I run barefoot at anytime in the yard or house, you really don't know my fear of spiders. (Not that I see that many of them in the house. Maybe one or two a year.)

Weekends give you permission to chill out, veg out, just relax! I don't know about you but I am counting on some relaxation this weekend, which for me starts tomorrow. Personal yays for having a short day at work tomorrow. I have plans to bring a beach towel in the backyard and sit on it while I pull those aggravating weeds out of my garden. I can relax and enjoy some private thinking while weeding. I build castles in my mind, solve the world's problems, do some serious self examination and sometimes a brilliant idea or two will enter my mind.

Here's to the weekend, friends. Myrna, your countdown is ever closer and closer.

Think of what weekends meant to you as a youngster in school. Then smile.

Grandma G
May 17th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Blondie - you are such an up-lifting person. Thank you for that and have a great weekend!!

Monique
May 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning friends. Soon I will be packing for the weekend. I am going to my son and daughter-in-law's for the weekend, so you may not see me here until next week.

I have almost all the baby quilt quilted and will bring it with me to work on possibly. Can you tell the post office I worked at, is very quiet.

To each and every one of you, have a safe and wonderful long weekend.

aliaslaceygreen
May 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Morning! Not weekend, by any stretch...Work Friday, Saturday AND Sunday! Then two days off, one with Miss Laylabug, who I have missed these last few weeks!!

All birds are out of the nest this AM....it's possible they slept there last night; I heard a terrible ruckus and all sorts of early birds carrying on EARLY this morning, so I don't know if Momma chased everyone out for an early breakfast or if that was an entirely different family carrying on... but it was WAY too early for me to investigate!! (and too dark yet for photos, so....)

Coffee in hand, and I took some Motrin already...Yay, Friday.....

:)

MRoy
May 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Good morning! Yes, Blondie, I'm at 10 weeks and counting. It's exciting and scary at the same time. There's so much paperwork involved to retire from state employment. I've got all the forms and will be working on them this weekend.

Happy Friday!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Yes, hooray for Friday! For years at the college, I didn't work on Fridays, loved that about a part time job! Hope to keep that going at the bridal shop! I survived my second week, on Wednesday afternoon about 2, I was longing for my recliner and it was a long 3 hours til quitting time at 5. Yesterday was so much better for some reason, i fitted three girls, and that was enough of a break from sewing to help me not tire out. Plus, it is so fun to see a girl come in wearing shorts and a t shirt, put on her pretty dress and walk out of the dressing room looking like a goddess! That is the perk or the job! Then there is the ipper that needs to be ripped out 10 times before it is finally right! That was the downside yesterday. But I fought the zipper and I finally won! With 2 minutes to spare before quitting time! Made me appreciate Fridays even more than before!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mpyles
May 17th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Good morning!!

I am like Trisha, I work Saturdays so my hum is delayed a day...lol

School let out in our area yesterday...so the craziness begins at work. The good news is all the high schoolers can work during the day now so that helps.

The trip to west plains was nice...a bit wet...but the school was nice and the peeps were friendly. DD would really like to attend there. But she has to convince her daddy...and he is being a bit of a butt about it. He soooooo was never an 18 year old girl!! He has no idea that he is possibly crushing her hopes and dreams...he is just thinking of the money saved if she stays here and goes to school. Ahh well...I will keep you posted. And for the record....I think she should attend...even if I have to work a little harder on the budget.

Worked on a doll quilt last night for my jo Morton little women's club..very cute. Was tired so turned in early..seems like a reoccurring thing...this tiredness.

Everyone have a great day!

CountryHut
May 17th, 2013, 09:12 AM
da' morning all . .

oooh how my body is hurting this a.m. . . .

finalized the details of an order late yesterday afternoon . . so here we go .
I had every store in town that has fabric - holding ever piece of picnic ants and red/white gingham . . LOL*~ . . left the house
at 5:45 p.m. and didn't get home until 11:00 . . . . I made a total of 7 stops . . gas - Mickey D's - and FIVE fabric stores - and I'm still not sure if I will have enough fabric for this order . .*smacking forehead*~ . . the things I do at the least minute for a sale
one store that said that they didn't have the fabric - they had the fabric --- another store that said they did have the fabric -- they didn't have the fabric . . . it was a good thing I stopped anyway
so I guess you all know what I will be doing this weekend .. go on - just guess . . L*~ . .

I best get busy - and haul all that fabric in the house and get busy --

(((HUGzzz)))*~ . . Thoughts . . Prayers for all

"Make It" a good day

shermur
May 17th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Happy Friday to all! The end of a challenging week at work...the team efforts are so far behind. Anyhoo, softball tournament this weekend and probably won't get much time in my sewing room like I prefer to. And since I got new pretties yesterday to help organize my sewing room, I have to resist going in there for now since my obligations are committed to a team of 11 girls. But, I am hoping by Sunday there will be a little while I steal away and sew/organize?

MayinJerset
May 17th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Although DH and I have been retired for quite some time Fridays are still special because it means the weekend will be here and we change our everyday routine even if it isn't for something big and/or exciting. This week it will be exciting as we will be visiting our new great grandson George for the first time.

Jean, when I worked at the college I enjoyed Fridays because there were very few classes so there were very few students or profs around. Even though my open space office was kind of yucky profs and staff would hang out around my desk and relax and enjoy the quiet day.

Off to do a little housework and then get ready for this afternoon's Granny's Lunch at cousin Alice's. Although it will only be 4 for lunch Alice will prepare enough food for 40. Don't know what she does with all the leftovers as she is a widow who lives alone, she weighs about 90 lbs so she doesn't eat the food. It's good to get together and catch up with each other's lives.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 17th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Although DH and I have been retired for quite some time Fridays are still special because it means the weekend will be here and we change our everyday routine even if it isn't for something big and/or exciting. This week it will be exciting as we will be visiting our new great grandson George for the first time.

Jean, when I worked at the college I enjoyed Fridays because there were very few classes. Even though my open space office was kind of yucky profs and staff would hang out around my desk and relax and enjoy the quiet day. Off to change sheets and vacuum then get ready for this afternoon's Granny Lunch at cousin Alice's. Although it will only be 4 for lunch Alice will prepare enough food for 40. Don't know what she does with all the leftovers as she is a widow who lives alone and she is tiny and weighs about 90 lbs so she doesn't eat the food. May, our college went to a four day heavy schedule and light Fridays several years ago, so we had Friday as a hang out day also. If I went in for a staff meeting, it was a relaxed day for sure. But I preferred to relax at home in my jammies!

CrazyMtnLady
May 17th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Good morning to all. It is a drizzly day here. I have a busy morning getting DH ready for his gun show. He has no motivation so it is going to be a long morning! His doctor called him last evening, she lives down the road from us. I think she is going to put him on an anti-depressant for a while. She wants him to come in before he goes to Michigan. He is having a lot of new health problems and I told him I think they are just stress and she thinks so too. But he is in a funk and is not sleeping well, eating well and is VERY irritable.

He will be taking the computer with him to the show so I will be offline this weekend. I hope our neighbor has our other laptop fixed before Daniel goes to Michigan. I do not want to be without a computer for that long. For what it sounds like he had to do to it we could have bought a new computer. But we needed this one fixed so we could retrieve all our pictures and documents from it. I will put everything on discs as soon as I get it back.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Renate
May 17th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks for this wonderful card dear Blondie! Good idea, today during noon break I tried to get a piece of beige flannel, but it seems not the right season. So tomorrow I have to go to my favorit quilt fabric store and I am sure, they will have a piece for me.

Next Monday is special, no working monday, but a public holiday monday and the best: the weather should be fine and we will have a great round of golf. I have to exercise a little bit more, but mostly it was cold and raining and I am not that much happy to get wet onto my knickers. At the moment it also rains into my ears, while swinging the club, I stop immediately.

But I will also tike time to sew sew sew ... I found a wonderful wooden round box and I want to fill it with different cuddle toys, that when children visit us, there will always be one of the littles for them to pick out.

Now my dears have a wonderful weekend all together and I hope yours is as long as mine

GrammaBabs
May 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Well,,,,, My son was packed and off for his new "life" around 5... had a party for him with all his "old aunties and uncles" on Tuesday nite.... lots of hugs and well wishes... Wed... the paper passing went fine... Thurs.. we paced ourselves... deposited any checks,,, paid off any "debts"... so now he's off with everything tied up neatly... and feeling very positive about his new chapter in life....
He's my guy that has come for supper every week for at least 5yrs... so it's bittersweet, but with skype, it's going to be fine... He's struggled as have we to arrive at this point... He and his Dad have built up a wonderful relationship over the past few months... He now sees his Dad is such a great guy,, helped him every step of the way,,, we've "added to our already overl decorated home"...LOL.. but hey,, it's all about the memories here for me...
He's finally going to be NOT living alone, but with his buddy and soul mate of over 20yrs... in a sober state of mind.. we didn't lose him all those many times that it came close...because God wants him here for a reason... He's the guy everyone loves,, caring and loving to a fault,,, just needed to know it's ok to be who you are,, and perhaps say NO once in a while...
He's in Maryland right now... yes, we lost a bit of sleep last night,, but it's all good...
The first thing i'm going to do when i get that SKYPE and see him arrived... is call "Chuck" at the Bailey Quilting office and order myself the 17" throat machine with speed control.... DH wants me to do that... then maybe i can quilt a whole "square" at a time... LOL

Jean Sewing Machine
May 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Well,,,,, My son was packed and off for his new "life" around 5... had a party for him with all his "old aunties and uncles" on Tuesday nite.... lots of hugs and well wishes... Wed... the paper passing went fine... Thurs.. we paced ourselves... deposited any checks,,, paid off any "debts"... so now he's off with everything tied up neatly... and feeling very positive about his new chapter in life....
He's my guy that has come for supper every week for at least 5yrs... so it's bittersweet, but with skype, it's going to be fine... He's struggled as have we to arrive at this point... He and his Dad have built up a wonderful relationship over the past few months... He now sees his Dad is such a great guy,, helped him every step of the way,,, we've "added to our already overl decorated home"...LOL.. but hey,, it's all about the memories here for me...
He's finally going to be NOT living alone, but with his buddy and soul mate of over 20yrs... in a sober state of mind.. we didn't lose him all those many times that it came close...because God wants him here for a reason... He's the guy everyone loves,, caring and loving to a fault,,, just needed to know it's ok to be who you are,, and perhaps say NO once in a while...
He's in Maryland right now... yes, we lost a bit of sleep last night,, but it's all good...
The first thing i'm going to do when i get that SKYPE and see him arrived... is call "Chuck" at the Bailey Quilting office and order myself the 17" throat machine with speed control.... DH wants me to do that... then maybe i can quilt a whole "square" at a time... LOLwow, Barb, new phases of life are difficult! But the Bailey can make the bittersweet moments a little sweeter! I take it that the new machine will fit on your existing frame! You just have a ball with it! And your loop-de-loops will become feathers in mo time!

patchiereggie
May 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks Blondie for yet another cheer.
I wanted to be in such a good mood today, because Fridays are usually easy at work and silent and I can make plans in my head, what to do with the weekend, especially since we are going to have a long weekend, as Monday is a public holiday in Germany for Pentecost. So when I got to the office I realized I had a million and one things to do today, and a colleague started to yell at another colleague, my spirits went way down. Now I'm almost done for the day and will meet my sister for icecream, which honestly is the best invention besides the sewing machine, for me at least. After icecream we will run our errands and then head home. And then I have absolutely no appointments for the weekend, which will give me plenty time for walks and sewing. Throw in some reading and eating and you have the perfect time. I will enjoy every minute of it. To all you lovely forum ladies I wish a great weekend. For those who have to work I wish a stressfree time. And I will pray for those in need of prayers. Hugs Reggie

Sandy Navas
May 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I've been quiet here and probably will continue being quiet for a while. I've been on a real downer although I've been able to get in and sew, sew, sew. I'm going to be posting some pictures of a recent project - not really quilting - but you can see I've had my hands full. So, to avoid making everyone pity me, I'll get off here and go to my other computer and start anew album on my profile page.

lilmouse
May 17th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks Blondie for the uplifting post; Sandy I hope you feel more yourself soon; and to everyone else hugs and prayers...nothing new here going on...working to get a quilt finished and some housework....that's my day and work tonight.

GrammaBabs
May 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Looking forward to seeing that "sewing"... i find that's my respit as well,,, :)

janluna
May 17th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Thank you Blondie for your posts. They really do set the tone of the day for me. Sandy, Love, I'm still Praying for your gloomy days to cease. You have such a big change in you everyday life. It will just take time to accept it all. Love you Sweetie! Well, I've been sewing and sewing. Today, I am down in bed. Too much standing and cutting, ironing, and sitting. Not to mention laundry, cooking, etc. I'm ignoring my kitchen floor..... Really I am!
Love to everyone, and have a smile filled weekend! Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Bubby
May 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm late today...been working in town at my old house....scrubbing and spraying for bugs,, etc. Old houses need so much attention, especially when they are vacant. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I need some down time with Hubby. I hope it rains all weekend so we have to stay indoors and snuggle.

Happy weekend to everyone....Hugs, Barb