• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evilynn
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2012

A lovely day, Friday!

Hey folksis!

Goooood morning M* friends! It's 9.20 am here.

Today is a good day. The sickness is over, completely! Nearly one full week it took me to recover from my 2nd round of chemo therapy. Well what can I say? I feel GREAT today! My MIL left yesterday for 2 weeks, til my next treatment. I feel a bit overwhelmed atm, I didn't have Janna for myself for whooping 6 weeks in row. First my MIL was here all the time, then she left, then my parents were here for 2 weeks and then MIL for another week because of my 2nd treatment. But now... finally... Juha, Janna and I have PRIVACY again! Don't get me wrong. I am really and absolutely greatful what MIL is doing here. She is a gift from heaven sent even tho I was at times a bit mad at her for (unwantingly) intruding our privacy. My husband and I had perhaps 30 mins each day to ourselves! That's frustrating in the long run.

The sun is shining, the birds are singing an absolute LOVELY song outside and I let Janna sleep outside on the veranda in the fresh air in the buggy. (I know, Americans cringe at that thought but it's very common here to let babys sleep outside in the fresh air! Finns even do that in deepest winter, at up to -20 Celsius degrees! Not below that anymore since the Neuvola (the ones that do also the baby checkups) do not recommend anymore. I, as a German, cringe at that point, too. I didn't do that. I let her sleep outside at -5 Celsius max... everything else would be too cold in my opinion.. ugh!) I bet she enjoys the birds chatter ... I myself find it very relaxing! It will be a warm day again!
    She will sleep an hour or two most likely. The door is open so the cats can come in and out as they please and I can hear Janna once she wakes up.

So.. I hope you're enjoying your mornings equally as I am!

Hugs,

Steffie

2013-05-17 09.05.23.jpg
    Last edited by Evilynn; May 17, 2013, 01:06 AM.
    ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
    /
    Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen
  • bubba
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: A lovely day, Friday!

It's fantastic to see you feeling great again! I know, from going thru this with my mother in law, that you will have up and down times, but cherish the up ones and soon, the down ones will be but a memory.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

I can hear the happiness in your writing. And I used to let the babies sleep outside too. The fresh air is good for them. Glad you are feeling well. Enjoy you together time with your honey and baby.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

I'm happy to hear you have your home to yourself, even for a short while. Enjoy the good times when the chemo isn't making you feel bad...have a great day, Steffie!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Steffie, so glad to hear the joy in your words of enjoying the simple things in life! So glad you are feeling well, and I sure hope this continues for you, so you can enjoy your little baby girl and have some good weeks ahead! Thanks for sharing your progress with us!

Comment

• MayinJerset
            Missouri Star
            • May 2012

Happy to hear you are feeling so well, enjoy being just you 3 for awhile.

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2011

Glad you are feeling better.
              Donna
              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2012

Wonderful to hear you so cheerful, Steffie! Hope you have a glorious time enjoying the "good" days! Soon they will ALL be good!

Comment

• WendyI
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2012

What an awesome post to read from you my dolly!! And OMG Janna is ADORABLE sleeping there!! I used to have Liam sleep by an open window all snuggled up. Soooo good for anyone to have that fresh air and he always woke up happy. My mom used to put me and my brother outside on the sunny days of winter also...very common here on the east coast when I was wee.

I'm so glad you are feeling well today!! YAY!!! And enjoy your alone time!!

Comment

• lilmouse
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2011

Steffie, so happy you are feeling better and am glad you now have a bit of privacy...it can be difficult when you don't. Your daughter looks so adorable sleeping away. I could her the joy in your post.

Comment

• Tanya D
                      Missouri Star
                      • Sep 2012

Aw Steffie, thank you for the Friday hello....so glad you are feeling good this morning. Your cheerfulness and gratitude bring me great joy. Enjoy being with your family.
                      Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

• pcbatiks
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

Great post Steffie.........made me smile to hear that you are feeling good again! Yay for you!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2010

Wonderful news.... do what feels right and good to you and your little family.... trust your feelings....
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• toggpine
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2009

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better! My daughter played outside and took naps on blankets on the lawn. Here, if it's that cold it's probably raining, so no outside sleeping then. I have no problem with fresh air and dirt for growing kids. That's why they make bath tubs, bubbles, and rubber duckies!

You enjoy the time with just the three of you for a few weeks!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• janluna
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2009

I'm with you Cathy! My Mom used to say, "You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die. Now go outside and play." LOL I have seen kids kept so clean that have so many illnesses that the Doctor has told the parents, "Let the kid play in the dirt, it will make them healthier." My kids always had time outside no matter the weather. As long as they were bundled up in the winter, and cool in the summer, I just let them go. A good dinner, a bath, and they slept like logs all night.
                              Steffi, I am so glad you are feeling wonderful today. It is a hard road you are traveling and the good days are to be cherished. Prayers being said for you everyday. Enjoy your "family time" with your baby and your Hubby. Bless your parents, and your MIL for being there for you at this time. That being said, you need down time with just the baby and your spouse. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.
                              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                              X