PDA

View Full Version : 400 error?

BillNye
February 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Was anyone else having trouble with this yesterday / today? I got a bunch of emails about it but have been unable to recreate the error myself. Can anyone tell me what was causing it, or if you saw it at all?

SuzyQue
February 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I was getting a bunch of these late last night, whenever I tried to move from page to page. I thought perhaps someone was working with the site and /or updating. I thought I would see if it was an issue again today, then report it. SuzyQue

rebeccas-sewing
February 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM
As you know from my message, it's a mystery to me!

Sandy Navas
February 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I was getting them all over the place starting about 10:30 a.m. yesterday. I had a private message but when I tried to go there I got the error. Some pages I could see, some I would get an error. I tried to reply to a couple of messages and would get the error. Very puzzling. I tried to log off a couple times and would get the error. Did we have a hacker loose somewhere?

Sewbee
February 14th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Al I am still unable to login to the forums at all again today using my Firefox browser on my iMac. I CAN access the store and blog site using Firefox but if I click on any of the Community links to get to the forums from those sites I get the 400 error. A few days ago or close to a week ago several of us could not access the tutorial pages either but now those are working for me in both browsers. I have had to use Safari both yesterday and today though to get to the forum page at all. Still not working on Firefox which is strange since that has been my primary browser for this site since I joined last Sept. Hope you can figure out where the DNS breakdown is. Somehow the URL conversion is not happening correctly and is kicking us out. :(

Sewbee
February 14th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Al...I just spent some time reading up on the 400 BAD REQUEST error message. It appears that many people found a fix by going into their internet browser options, selecting their cookies folder and removing all cookies. After that they no longer got the error message.

I hate removing my cookies because my poor mind never remembers all the logons that I have set for automatic login....BUT in an effort to advance understanding of this problem....I went into my Firefox Preference settings....selected SHOW COOKIES and deleted all the hundreds of cookies that were listed there.

Went to my browser bookmarks list...found MSQC...clicked and here I am...using Firefox again! Of course it was a good thing I could remember my MSQC login info! Hopefully, this may help some others who are getting the same error message. Apparently, large amounts or specific types of cookies can cause this communication problem with the server....at least it worked for me. So others may have to start from scratch with their cookies....but it's worth it to get back into MSQC every day! :lol: ;) :icon_wave:

Dragonfly
February 14th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Al I had this problem occur when moving between pages, I mostly use the 'new posts' option so that is where it was occurring, I've had it happen a few times previously as well. I find that using the 'refresh page' usually sorts it out. To add to Sewbee's comments, I am using Chrome so it is not just Firefox involved.

Dragonfly
February 14th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Sewbee, I'm glad that fixed the problem for you but I'm not sure that is the whole problem. I have my browser set to delete all history and cookies on closing the screen...yes I'm paranoid, long expensive story...so if it is cookies then it is something that happens within one session time.

Sewbee
February 14th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Lynn I have my browser set the same way to delete all cookies upon closing the browser...but I still had hundreds in my cookie list when I went in to remove them. Granted I don't shut down my computer but about once every 2 weeks so I do have some accumulated traffic showing up there. I'm sure there may be multiple issues going on and that is what makes it even harder for Al to troubleshoot....so many variables!
Hang in there Al......I'm sure you will figure it out! :)

BillNye
February 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Okay, just tried out some tweaks, can you refresh and tell me if you still get it?

Sewbee
February 15th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Al my problem stopped when I cleared all my cookies out of Firefox yesterday, but I went ahead and tested just now clicking on all the links here, in the shop and on the blog. So far I am not seeing the 400 BAD REQUEST error message come up today. We need to hear from others though to see if it is still a problem for them.

Everybody who was having a problem before with the 400 error message....drop a note here for Al and tell him if you are still having the problem this afternoon! :icon_wave:

zenkitty
February 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I use Safari and also Windows and get the 400 error as well. I cleaned up some cookies but still get the 400 error code on both computers.

Sewbee
February 15th, 2011, 08:41 PM
ZenKitty are you able to tell Al exactly which links you click or pages you try to go to that give you the Error message? Which pages at MSQC work for you and which ones don't? This is like trying to find a needle in a haystack so the more detail you can give the better for Al.

Concerning the cookies, I removed ALL of them, but you might want to try searching your cookie list first for any cookies containing the name Missouriquiltco and then just delete those. When you visit the site again it will create new cookies which may correct the problem. After deleting all mine yesterday I now have 27 new Missouriquiltco cookies in my Firefox list...but I am not getting the error message anymore.

Blondie
February 15th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hi Al

I've had a difficult time getting into the community and when I did, I couldn't respond to posts or post pics. I was getting the 400 error message. Just getting in here now, at 7:18 pm EST, hoping that this will post.
You're our miracle working man. YAYS for Al.

Dragonfly
February 16th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Al this one is a bit different, when I logged in today, or tried to, I hit the login button and was given a message that said my login details were incorrect, use the back button and enter the correct details. So I hit the back button, the details were still there and knowing they were correct I hit the login button again and it logged me in. I have no idea why it rejected them the first time.

rebeccas-sewing
February 16th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I had the 400 error but was able to get rid of it by re-booting the computer.