PDA

View Full Version : Robin's nest....

aliaslaceygreen
May 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I will post a bunch of photos, (because that's what I do, lol)....

Momma Robin built her nest on our outside spotlights, right next to the driveway and at a height that is good for me to peek in from the deck.

When we left on vacation, she was incubating.... THREE eggs, apparently...by the time we came home, there were three babies in the nest...the next day as I was walking across the driveway, baby three took his maiden flight...

Last night at least one of the three slept in the nest.

I woke up this morning, and looked out to the nest, and didn't see anyone home. As I turned to go back inside, Jr. here popped his head up and climbed out of bed. His siblings either didn't come home last night, or he is just NOT the early worm type....

I have no idea if the images will stay in any type of order :) OK, they didn't!! The first is Mr. Lazy butt this AM, the second is Momma warming those eggs, the third is Jr wanting to play in traffic, while the 4 and 5 are Momma and Daddy hollering at him to get out of the street! Really. They followed him when he took his first flight, and he ran into the street, and they sat there, chattering away...

Jean Sewing Machine
May 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
These pictures are so precious! On my way home from choir practice tonight, I saw a baby bird who thought flight school started in the middle of the street, just like your robin #3. Hope the babes all make it to adulthood, mking such risky choices in their young lives.

ilive2craft2
May 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Great pics! All that flat open "ground" must look so inviting as a take off and landing zone - their own personal runway! :)

Grandma G
May 16th, 2013, 11:40 PM
What great photos. We have lots of birds around our home but it seems I never have the camera with me when great shots present themselves. I'm waiting for the hummingbirds. Hopefully I can do better at getting a good photo this year than I have in the past. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Tanya D
May 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Aw, isn't he cute first thing in the morning with all his rumpled feathers and bed head! LOL