PDA

View Full Version : We Miss You!

bkthomas
May 16th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I'm not naming any names because I would be sure to forget some one and I do not want to do that....But if you are lurking and not saying anything, wondering "Do they miss Me?" Do they even notice when I'm not around? The answer is a huge resounding
Yes, We miss you!!!!
Oh, and if you are sitting there saying to yourself "They don't mean me" Wanna Bet?!!! If you are still reading this and have not posted in a while or very little - PLEASE DO SO -

Love and Hugs to all of you!!!

shannonsaulter
May 16th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Love it! and yes I would wonder so I am sure those whose lives are hectic will love this!

mommadeb
May 16th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I'm here, just haven't been on. Just a bit down at the time about my unemployment being withheld and lack of a job. Hoping things get resolved soon.

Lilly
May 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM
You are so sweet BK! Amazing. Just amazing.

Ginny B
May 16th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Guess I have been sort of a lurker lately -- not posting much but I do check in for a few minutes most days. It is nice to know that I may be missed a bit. :) Thanks Kathy.

Ginny B

bkthomas
May 17th, 2013, 03:32 AM
:icon_bump: :icon_bump:

Jess1377
May 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah... I have been a lurker too lately but have been trying to stay busy in the sewing room still (therapy). Finances, car troubles, new unexpected job, and vacation we are obligated to but cant really afford anymore cause of the car troubles are haunting me... urgh. I've bounced around the forum today so far, being good! ;) I do actually have a show and tell I could post though :) I will do that now then.

(((Kathy)))

Renate
May 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Kathy you are great, just the right words. Here are some member I would like to read more often, just to know how they are. But I also can understand that sometimes, 24 hours a day are not enough to do everything ... So, feel huged anyway

SallyO'Sews
May 17th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Haha, I always think I post way too much!! Thanks, Kathy! :lol:
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Tanya D
May 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Thank you for missing me...you do mean me right? LOL

Thanks Kathy :)

I've had some time the last few days and I think I have finally caught up.

HdWench
May 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM
What a nice Sentiment Kathy!!

But, I've learned better in many months here... It's very clearly spoken by some folks who perhaps have stuck arond a bit too long - if they are thinking they "own and or run this", and that the "new" foilks don't fit in - Boy did I get a good chuckle out of THAT one. They are given NO chance with the *click* *click* and have really be disappointed in seeing too many leave.
THIS was where they came hoping many people have done, or were working on What this board is about -- All the Various Missouri shop you-tubes, maybe Groups dedicate to those tutorial?? that would be Amazing if only true.

So the good news is I'm sewing more, posting less and trying to ignore petty insults. I have deleted my group and know I won't open or run another one, when "some" folks thing they can come in and answer YOUR questions, well Just because they are proud o be able to sneak in alot of places they can. The abuse of such tiny power really got my tickle button going. Oh man I'd have a blast here just reading all this stuff - But I too only came to learn and talk Quilting with other folks.

Yeah, I'm not coming in as much, but do pop in to encourage, Welcome New members, and help out with quilting questions. The other stuff not my style. Thinking ya'll are tolerating people that don't feel "fit"in is beyond what makes me tick and is in my heart. Stick to the Quilting Questions, New Members and the show an tell. Those are mostly good places.

Others area are just not "kids" friendly and I won't let my grandson READ many of the things here - No sense posting in a Public forum the most horrible parts of our lives -- Ah well SEE! You won't really miss me now. or hey the message will be quickly deleted because I'm telling truth and honesty. If you take that as your inner hurt, that's on you. It you "read" yourself in here - yep maybe it's you... maybe not.

janluna
May 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I've been missing alot apparently. I won't say my name but my initials are Jan Luna. LOL Thank you for that sentiment Kathy. I'll try and do better.
As for listening to peoples problems.... If we didn't have the support in our lives that this forum gives each and everyone of us what would be the point. Yes, we are here for the quilting, however that being said, the support we give each other is so very important. I love all my friends on this site. They have seen me through my Granddaughter's illness and allowed me the venting I needed to be there for my Children while they fight to keep my Granddaughter alive. So, we will have to agree to disagree about that. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

bkthomas
May 17th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I agree with you Jan - I like the updates and sharing - this is a good place to let off a little rant now and then.
I just want to let people know that we notice when they are not here and that they are missed. Thanks again Jan!

kensington
May 17th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I miss EVEY Body who is not here. :D

Quilting Queen
May 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Yes, I have been lurking. Coming everyday just to see what is up but mostly not saying anything. Hope to do better. Glad you miss me.

K. McEuen
May 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I miss EVEY Body who is not here. :D

She misses her R too. :icon_heh:
(gotta love messing with you!)

I think a lot of people post in cycles, but read more than post. I know I do. Still there are some that I really wonder where they went. Whatever happened to Old Gurl?

RFREE
May 17th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I lurk about every night but am so tired when I get home that I don't have the energy to post. I am here and I appreciate being told I am missed. I love all of you just like family and don't know what I ever done without you!

nanaleslie
May 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I've been missing alot apparently. I won't say my name but my initials are Jan Luna. LOL Thank you for that sentiment Kathy. I'll try and do better.
As for listening to peoples problems.... If we didn't have the support in our lives that this forum gives each and everyone of us what would be the point. Yes, we are here for the quilting, however that being said, the support we give each other is so very important. I love all my friends on this site. They have seen me through my Granddaughter's illness and allowed me the venting I needed to be there for my Children while they fight to keep my Granddaughter alive. So, we will have to agree to disagree about that. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

I agree with you Jan. It's very nice to come here and get support if needed or just to vent. I hope your granddaughter is getting better......(((((((HUGS))))))))

Mrs.Sew&Sew
May 17th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Yes I have been wondering. I have been gone but it's nice to know you have been missed. Thanks :icon_hi:

kensington
May 17th, 2013, 11:21 PM
She misses her R too. :icon_heh:
(gotta love messing with you!)

I think a lot of people post in cycles, but read more than post. I know I do. Still there are some that I really wonder where they went. Whatever happened to Old Gurl?

I not missing my R! Ha! That's the way my youngest son said it forever, and it became the way we often say it now. EVEY... Body.

WendyI
May 17th, 2013, 11:33 PM
y'all know I'M NOT missin'! I feel like I live here now...but thanks for remindin everyone!

ChristineB
May 18th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Here I am! Boy, with all the family things (birthday celebrations) and holidays (Easter), babysitting 1 or a couple of grandkids to help out their moms, and now the camping season, I haven't been in my sewing room for a couple of months! Oh wait, I've been in there - I sat at my sewing table a couple of times wondering when I can continue my current project, but I haven't had time to sew.
Also, posting here --- I used to do it just before bed, but recently I've been so tired that I usually fall asleep!
Tonight - I am in my bed, in my trailer, in a campground off Lake Ontario!
Hello everyone! I'm thinking of you too!!

bkthomas
May 18th, 2013, 02:00 AM
There's still some missing..........

auntiemern
May 18th, 2013, 02:28 AM
I must agree with Jan. That is the great thing about this forum vs many others. It ISN'T just about quilting. We share our lives, and families, our ups and downs, the good the bad and the ugly. If all you want is a place to strictly talk about quilting, then this may not be the right place for you.Many of us here truly do care about each other, and enjoy hearing about each others daily lives. If someone wants to rant and vent, we are good listeners. This is my quilting home and family, and I support them 100%. I feel bad for any one that doesn't get that.

patchiereggie
May 18th, 2013, 06:03 AM
You are so sweet BK! Amazing. Just amazing.

Agreed!!! BK you are great!

patchiereggie
May 18th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I must agree with Jan. That is the great thing about this forum vs many others. It ISN'T just about quilting. We share our lives, and families, our ups and downs, the good the bad and the ugly. If all you want is a place to strictly talk about quilting, then this may not be the right place for you.Many of us here truly do care about each other, and enjoy hearing about each others daily lives. If someone wants to rant and vent, we are good listeners. This is my quilting home and family, and I support them 100%. I feel bad for any one that doesn't get that.

Hear! Hear!

HdWench
May 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Here I am! Boy, with all the family things (birthday celebrations) and holidays (Easter), babysitting 1 or a couple of grandkids to help out their moms, and now the camping season, I haven't been in my sewing room for a couple of months! Oh wait, I've been in there - I sat at my sewing table a couple of times wondering when I can continue my current project, but I haven't had time to sew.
Also, posting here --- I used to do it just before bed, but recently I've been so tired that I usually fall asleep!

There you are and yeah for you! Sounds lovely camping near Lake Ontario (and sneaking in on the computer haha) but glad to see you posting again! Yeah, lives get busy with "stuff" and sewing and glad BK got some folks to post they are OK!

Enjoy your camping trip :icon_wave:

HdWench
May 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM

Since BK was the last of the designated people to PM me about this, I'll post my reply so you can Read.

Anyone heard of idenity theft? A lot of us on this forum are in the "older" age bracket where technology, to some seems like the greatest thing since sliced bread. But, that is the fastest growing crime in America today!

So go Google your Name...What you will see is already on the Internet. Did you do it? It's pretty shocking if you've never seen all about you displayed for the world to read or, for just a few bucks many places will hand out even MORE of your personal information - Sad, but True.

How do they get your info? PUBLIC boards like this, Motor Vehicle Department, Anything and everwhere public.

I saw someone post on here - Their house got broken into - I didn't read the message but it made me think! What do we share on a public OPEN forum? I'm sure the two have NO connection but it made me want to warn the people that have never SEEN what's already on the internet about them...

Who knows your address? Who knows your real name?
Who knows your working or travel schedule? Who knows all about your kids? What other information can be found in here and read about you?

It's a valuable Tip to remind people to think before posting personal information.

So the answer being "supportive"? Alright let's go there -- Did ya post when I shared my excitement when a quilt I made sold that wasn't for sale? hmmm Maybe you Marilyn? Jan? hmm didn't think so.

How many have donated to Animal Rescue for the Easy Street quilt? You? Really! No again? "talk the talk".

Well it's your Idenitity and before the replies began, it was heartfelt to let folks be more aware and stay safer. Heck, go ahead and post to everyone your secret password if you want, but don't think the internet is all safe and cozy. Computer savvy people know better and trying to help Inform people brings this bizzare response?

bopeep
May 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hi...Everyone.......I have to say I've not posted much lately........we have been working in the yard and garden....we have a big garden this year......my 1st summer being retired.....we also planted 50 strawberry plants......I am really enjoying be outside.......I strated to dig a few potatoes yesterday.....and our little dog decided that was his job.......he did a good job too....LOL.......so I have a lot of help ;0).......
bopeep

Patrice
May 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm still around. I try to lurk at leat once a day. I have been busy in the yard. Getting my vegetables in and flower beds done. Hoping to get lots of quilting done this summer. Hubby made me a raised bed for my herbs!

quiltfun
May 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I'm here. I have been reading all the fun stuff that is being posted but haven't contributed. I have my DH t-shirt quilt all pinned together and ready to start the quilting process. Our weather was good for about a week and then the temps dropped WAAAYYY down in the 20's at night and during the day it will warm up to the low 50's. Come on, it's getting toward the end of May.

I wanted to ask everyone that pins the quilt, what pins do you use. After pinning the t-shirt quilt I have a little blister on my finger from pushing the pin down and then up to clip it. I wondered about the pins that are bowed on the bottom if that would make pinning any easier or those little clips you can get to put on the pin. Help anyone. I'm open for suggestions for easier.

Have a great weekend everyone

bkthomas
May 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Since BK was the last of the designated people to PM me about this, I'll post my reply so you can Read.

Anyone heard of idenity theft? A lot of us on this forum are in the "older" age bracket where technology, to some seems like the greatest thing since sliced bread. But, that is the fastest growing crime in America today!

So go Google your Name...What you will see is already on the Internet. Did you do it? It's pretty shocking if you've never seen all about you displayed for the world to read or, for just a few bucks many places will hand out even MORE of your personal information - Sad, but True.

How do they get your info? PUBLIC boards like this, Motor Vehicle Department, Anything and everwhere public.

I saw someone post on here - Their house got broken into - I didn't read the message but it made me think! What do we share on a public OPEN forum? I'm sure the two have NO connection but it made me want to warn the people that have never SEEN what's already on the internet about them...

Who knows your working or travel schedule? Who knows all about your kids? What other information can be found in here and read about you?

It's a valuable Tip to remind people to think before posting personal information.

So the answer being "supportive"? Alright let's go there -- Did ya post when I shared my excitement when a quilt I made sold that wasn't for sale? hmmm Maybe you Marilyn? Jan? hmm didn't think so.

How many have donated to Animal Rescue for the Easy Street quilt? You? Really! No again? "talk the talk".

Well it's your Idenitity and before the replies began, it was heartfelt to let folks be more aware and stay safer. Heck, go ahead and post to everyone your secret password if you want, but don't think the internet is all safe and cozy. Computer savvy people know better and trying to help Inform people brings this bizzare response?

I just want to let everyone know that I have spoken with Debbie about this. I want to Thank her for her advice about identity theft.
On the other hand, it is a very personal matter to what charities a person gives to and should remain so.

Please lets keep this thread friendly as that is what I intended - I do not want to ever be part of something that has been locked or deleted again.

So if you have been missing, let us know how you are - just say Hi, I'm here, Thanks for thinking of me!

auntiemern
May 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I don't always reply to every post, I am busy, between caring for my GK's, home and making quilts for the PICU. Everyone here knows where my charitable efforts go. No need to defend my actions. Not to mention I didn't use anyone's name in my response. It is comments like this that cause the threads to turn negative, and feelings get hurt. Can't we just keep it civil, really?

auntiemern
May 18th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Me neither. Done with the ugliness :)
I just want to let everyone know that I have spoken with Debbie about this. I want to Thank her for her advice about identity theft.
On the other hand, it is a very personal matter to what charities a person gives to and should remain so.

Please lets keep this thread friendly as that is what I intended - I do not want to ever be part of something that has been locked or deleted again.

So if you have been missing, let us know how you are - just say Hi, I'm here, Thanks for thinking of me!

Mpyles
May 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'm not missing!! But I am here!! Baahahahah!! I love this place and I wouldn't change a thing about all you wonderful peeps!! I love that Wendy is so sweet, Marilyn has a good heart, Kathy cares where I might be hiding(if that were possible) ,Debbie cares for my well being, blondie makes me smile, Myrna is getting ready to retire, how steffie is feeling today...and what all of you think of my world, the quilts I make and seeing the quilts that you make, as many inspire me!!

Life has its ups and downs, our post do too.. The more important thing is that we can move on, just like in a face to face relationship.

Kathy thanks for the thread...and all of you wonderful ladies...thank you for caring what happens in my world!!

mamaquilt
May 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I'm here, just haven't been on. Just a bit down at the time about my unemployment being withheld and lack of a job. Hoping things get resolved soon.
keeping my fingers crossed for a more rejoyable future and a nice job.

mamaquilt
May 18th, 2013, 07:21 PM
have fun camping without tooo many insects. Have nice dreams about wonderful quilts!

quiltingtrish
May 18th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone. I'm here too and usually exhausted by the end of the day. With school vacation coming, I'll be sure to be on here to post more often about all the wonderful projects everyone is showing. I really do love them all and get so much inspiration from them.

Karen - Old Gurl is doing well - hasn't had a computer for quite awhile. I talk to her every few months or so and she is just as chirpy and chipper as ever.

Everyone knows that if you own a computer or even if you don't - you are being tracked. Cell phones, cars, cameras on the highways - heck, even if you watch tv - every move is being tracked not only by the government but also by others that have the means to do that. If there is anyone out there that does not know that, then you really must be living with your head in the ground. That being said - if anyone wants to put out there their business and what they are doing and where they are, then that's their choice and they take that chance.

As for charities posted on the board - and I know I don't have to say this but I will. I am so busy with local charities that I can not support things that are posted on the board at this time. The Guild I belong to collects pillowcases, red/white/blue blocks for Veterans quilts, blocks that need put together for a quilt for local fire victims (we have passed out 5 or 6 in the past 6 months), - well that's enough right there and there is also of course the fund raisers for the local fire victims from electrical house fires and medical bills, not to mention the teachers or spouses or children that are fighting cancer and I prefer to drop $20 or $30. bucks to them to help with a gas bill now and then for people I personally know or perhaps drop off a lap quilt for them to cozy up too and time and money to work on all these adds up and reminds me that I can not do for everybody so therefore I prefer to do locally. Bombarded for this fund raiser or another item being sold for cancer research (literally every week there is another something being sold to raise more money) and that's great if you have a never-ending supply of money, but frankly I wouldn't be putting in 10 hour days putting up with smart-mouthed middle schoolers that think it's not their job to learn stuff if I could support it all. I truly hope that someday a cure is found and yes, I will probably be a candidate myself someday since I am a smoker, but I also can not do more than what I am doing already, here locally, to give back.

Anyhoo - with summer coming I am looking forward to trying to get my longarm frame set up and also seeing how the embroidery function works on my sewing machine. My middle son that got dischaged from the Marines cause they screwed him up medically is home from college for the summer and he has 2 weeks to move back to the downstairs bedroom so I can work with my frame. Katie goes on Monday to get the final yes or no if the Marines will take her. This is something we have been waiting for a very long time. She's wanted to be a Marine since she was about 10. Her knee is in question so that's why the medical consult. And, I have a basement to clean out. Totally. It is depressing to step down there when the kids put their stuff here or there and I am a mostly organized person. They will each have an area assigned to their stuff and they will get about a week to go through it. What they decide to keep will go with them when they finally decide to move on and out. In the meantime, it will be organized. Plus there is stuff to put on Craigs List. If someone wants it they can come get it. I am done with yard sales and getting piddly amounts of money for stuff. Can't have one at my house, not a good area for people to park so I load stuff in the truck and take it to my dad's - make about 20 bucks and haul the leftovers to Goodwill. Yes, I do come home with no junk and about 20 bucks but then that usually goes back in to the gas tank to haul it in the first place. haha - what a circus! Oh, DH is still trying to get a job at a local college teaching, and oldest son is hoping to get his vehicle back next week after his accident the middle of March and that means I get my wheels back from him.

Well, you asked how I was doing. There ya go. All is good. Prayers coming for those that need them.

Hugs,

WendyI
May 18th, 2013, 09:52 PM

I'm sorry but I find this rather confusing and dont really get what it has to do with wondering where posters are and why they have been missing? And being offended when someone on a forum doesn't donate to a cause that you are passionate about is a waste of energy. I donate regularly but I cant support every charity I want to or I would soon be living in a cardboard box. Making me feel bad for not supporting your cause is certainly not going to make me want to. As for the other, I dont quite get internet paranoia....I am computer savy and think this is blown out of proportion....still don't understand what it has to do with Kathys original post.

I agree with Marilyn....can we all just play nice?

bkthomas
May 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Nice report! Thanks Trish!

....and Thanks Wendy and Marilyn!!! ......and all who have let us know "What's up" Thanks, you are in my prayers!

K. McEuen
May 18th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Trish, first off, bless your heart. There is NO way I'd teach middle schoolers. I mostly want to smack kids that age. My favorite grade to sub for was 2nd. Goofy kids still that are just coming into their own sense of humor.

Thanks for the update on Old gurl. I knew she used to log in from work, also knew we'd not seen here here in forever.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I'm still around. I try to lurk at leat once a day. I have been busy in the yard. Getting my vegetables in and flower beds done. Hoping to get lots of quilting done this summer. Hubby made me a raised bed for my herbs!
Now that's my kind of garden, no bending or kneeling on the ground! And it's on the deck! Love it!

K. McEuen
May 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I love that planter too Jean. Was thinking how nice it is ... high enough that I could plant some tomatoes and my dogs couldn't eat them.

Lindagie
May 18th, 2013, 10:53 PM
That is what I was thinking about that herb garden; "the dogs would not be able to eat my tomatoes". I don't know if I will even have a garden this year, don't even have the area tilled; maybe I should try a raised bed; square foot gardening or something. I DO have some strawberries with lots of blooms and tiny berries; if I can keep the birds away. Gotta get the netting out. LOL!
As far as this thread goes; I am not sure what the original intent was, but I am now confused after reading all the posts. I am out of the loop, so am sure I missed something along the way. That may be a good thing though.
It IS kind of unnerving to google something and find one of your own posts all over the Internet, when you thought it was just going to show up on this site. Something to think about.

mommadeb
May 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks for asking and caring!

bkthomas
May 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for asking and caring!

Love your signature line - so true!

Eliza
May 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM
if you are lurking and not saying anything
Guilty as charged! :icon_rolleyes: I love reading all the posts and very occasionally throw something in. All the posts from people having a go at FMQ have finally pushed me into trying it myself - and I am loving it!