PDA

View Full Version : Orange Irises!

bkthomas
May 16th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Just had to show you what I found today when I took out the trash....Orange Irises!!! They are out there on the south side of the house by the garage. What a pleasant surprise!
Also finally got a picture of the whole house - it is cloudy today, it's usually too sunny to get a pic of the whole house, so today I snapped one. Also a shot of some potted pansies I bought when we first moved in!

K. McEuen
May 16th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Those look like bearded iris too. My mom had some different ones, a very light peach color, yours are different though. The ones she had that were my favorite were real ruffled white ones with dark purple edges.

We moved into this house about 12 years ago and we still get tulips popping up from the people that were here before. Some years they are yellow, other times they are red.

lilmouse
May 16th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Nice house Kathy...love the flowers, very pretty

shannonsaulter
May 16th, 2013, 10:03 PM
WOW those are pretty!!! love the pic of your home..it would be interesting to see everyone share a pic of their home..

laf512
May 16th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Very pretty!

ilive2craft2
May 16th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I don't think I have ever seen orange iris. At my childhood home, we had both the light purple that got really tall and some shorter dark purple as well as some yellow that had a strip of brown or something. I should drive by and see if any of them are blooming. We just sold the house last fall, so this is our first spring without seeing those flowers.

Nice looking house! I was out weeding my flower bed out front tonight - I let it get away from me this year. Looks a lot better now. Lisa

Jean Sewing Machine
May 16th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Those irises are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Lovely home!

auntiemern
May 16th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Very pretty. The house looks nice :)

Ginny B
May 16th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Wow, beautiful. I've got the purple and purple and white varieties but those orange ones are stunning. I may have to look for some of those and put them in with the purples. I think they would look good together (although I don't think I would ever wear purple and orange together, lol)

Thanks for sharing your flowers and your beautiful home.

Ginny B

bkthomas
May 16th, 2013, 11:32 PM
I don't think I have ever seen orange iris. At my childhood home, we had both the light purple that got really tall and some shorter dark purple as well as some yellow that had a strip of brown or something. I should drive by and see if any of them are blooming. We just sold the house last fall, so this is our first spring without seeing those flowers.

Nice looking house! I was out weeding my flower bed out front tonight - I let it get away from me this year. Looks a lot better now. Lisa

I know I never had before today either! Argh! you didn't notice the weeds did you? The grass has not been watered yet because they do not have the sprinkler system hooked up yet! This house has been under renovation for the last 5-6 months. I feel sooo fortunate to have this house - I just am loving it!!!

madampolo
May 16th, 2013, 11:36 PM
You flowerbed is so nice! The Irises are so pretty. You have a very nice house, too! I am sure you are enjoying it.

ilive2craft2
May 16th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I didn't notice any weeds in your pictures. We have a garden that is "mulched" with rocks and you couldn't see the rocks for all of the pea vine that had taken over! I got most of it out, but it will be an ongoing battle this year since I let it get so bad! Got to find a good weed fighter that won't hurt my perrenials. :) Lisa

I know I never had before today either! Argh! you didn't notice the weeds did you? The grass has not been watered yet because they do not have the sprinkler system hooked up yet! This house has been under renovation for the last 5-6 months. I feel sooo fortunate to have this house - I just am loving it!!!

Hawaii Roxy
May 17th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Soooo pretty!! I love the house it looks so big!!! :) I cant wait till you get here and see my house!!

Hulamoon
May 17th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Beautiful! I just bought some potted flowers today. Flowers must be in the air :)

dwil23
May 17th, 2013, 01:37 AM
They are beautiful! I think pansies are my favorite flower. Wish the bulb flowers would grow here.:(

Iris Girl
May 17th, 2013, 06:55 AM
They are beautiful!!!! You all know how much I love irises!! mine are in bud now , and the ones I got from countryhut are popping up out of the ground, Can't wait till the are all blooming!!

CrazyMtnLady
May 17th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Beautiful. I do love the color.

Jess1377
May 17th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Your new home looks fantastic and so do the beautiful flowers Kathy! Loved to see them :) Indeed a pleasant surprise.

New York Sue
May 17th, 2013, 10:28 AM
They are beautiful!!!! You all know how much I love irises!! mine are in bud now , and the ones I got from countryhut are popping up out of the ground, Can't wait till the are all blooming!!

They're a tad ahead of us, April... Mine won't pop until 2nd week of June or so....

But these are the bomb!! I don't think I've ever seen this variety, Kathy. Very pretty.
You're a lucky woman, my friend!

If I was the previous homeowner, I would have dug them up before I left!!

SallyO'Sews
May 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Kathy, this is beautiful! So happy for you... love the flowers, too! Don't believe I'd ever seen orange irises, but these sure are pretty.

WendyI
May 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Love Bearded Iris! I have not seen this salmony/orange colour...very nice! I see you have some Autumn Joy Seedum there as well...those will be nice in the spring! Can't wait to see more pics of your house....so glad you are enjoying it!

janluna
May 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Love your house and the flowers! I never knew Irises came in any other color than purple! Guess that answers the question "don't you have flowers, Jan?" Love them but I can't take the pain of gardening. I used to have roses, and tulips, and hanging baskets, and geraniums. Loved them all. Now the deer eat my tulips and hostas, and the rest is weeds! The groundhogs ate all of my lilies! I tried so many times to get out there and make it all work. I just can't take the pain. I have had to grudgingly give up so many things, had to learn to pace myself, etc. If I could I'd hire someone just to bring my flower boxes back to life. Oh well. Sorry! Your house and gardens are lovely! God Bless you and enjoy. Hugs, Jan L.

RFREE
May 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Beautiful orange irises! I have never seen orange ones. Your house is beautiful as well. So glad you are enjoying it. Let me know if you want some purple irises to go with the orange ones. I have tons!!!! I think I posted pictures a month or so ago.

SandyWhite
May 17th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Beautiful Irises and you have a lovely home.