PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Thankfulness

SallyO'Sews
May 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hi, Everyone!

Today, I am thankful for having my DS#8 home for good, as he graduated from college this past Saturday. Actually, it's probably not going to be "for good" for too long, as I'm expecting/hoping he will be getting engaged soon to a lovely young woman who would make a wonderful DIL! Hubby actually referred to her as "my future daughter-in-law" at a restaurant over the weekend; happily neither she nor DS were within earshot, as they might have felt a bit awkward about that!

Also thankful to have been able to visit DS#1 and his family (DIL + 5 DGK's) on the way home from the commencement. They are all under the age of 9, so it's always hilarious to be with them. Such fun; DGD age 9 gave me a bouquet of tissue-paper flowers she made for Mother's Day, and DGD age 3 picked me a buttercup.

Hope you all have a blessed and joy-filled day!
~ Sally \0/

Tanya D
May 16th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Today I am thankful that the bosses are off playing golf and I am sitting in a nice quiet office with no interupptions!

Madeforyouinma11
May 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Today I am thankful for the beautiful weather and for my good health which is allowing me to complete some long awaited projects.
Life is good! :)

dwil23
May 16th, 2013, 02:01 PM
We really do have so much to be thankful for. I will start with my four kids (youngest turned 16 yesterday - how time flies), DIL and beautiful little grandson, Evan. I am thankful to have a good job and a roof over my head. A good friend at work and a good friend I quilt with, as well as this forum.

MayinJerset
May 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'm thankful for new great grandson born yesterday. Welcome George Thomas!47429

auntiemern
May 16th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Today I am thankful that as each day passes I can see myself getting back to the 'old me'. Thankful that I have 3 amazing grand children and a DD that is a great mom to them. Thankful for my new machine that is making everything I sew and quilt easier for me. Mostly though I am thankful that I have the opportunity to make a difference in someone else's life.

pcbatiks
May 16th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Today I am thankful for this forum and the friends I have made. Also thankful that my husband was able to take some vacation time and relax. Thankful for my two silly dogs that have been making me laugh a lot the last few days.

nonnietomany
May 16th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thankful for my daughter and grandson coming to visit today and after 6 years in a RV we are moving into a house on June 24

alliek
May 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
It's the little "love" moments we are most thankful for. Thanks for this thread, we all need to stop now and then and realize what blessings are in our lives in spite of the things that trip us up every once in awhile. I enjoyed everyone's "thankful" moment. God Bless you all.