PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos!

Blondie
May 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM

It's Wednesday, Folksies! The middle of the week, hump day, the light at the end of the tunnel, mid week madness . . . whatever you call it, it will be Wednesday all day long. What happened with Tuesday? Oh yeah, I remember now. A day that was decent, made even more decent by belly laughs at someone else's expense. Last night I was at my Sis's house to get caught up on her day and keep her in the loop about Mom. She received one of those walmartian people updates. It has been a long time since I have seen and while I felt guilty at the pleasure of laughing so hard, I could not help myself. People gotta know that something is up. I mean REALLY. There have been several times in my small town that I wish I had a cell phone with a camera. They usually wait until the weekend here. So, after laughing until I cried at what people think is appropriate for shopping attire, I came home to finish cleaning the kitchen of dinner dishes.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was out, the temps started out chilly but warmed up nicely. The cicadas are heard in the distance. After doing my usual stuff (I won't bore you with my comings and goings), I did actually take some time to sit under the oak and hand stitch a bit on a COC. The breeze got a wee bit too strong for me, so, I wrapped the quilt around me and walked around the back forty, simply breathing in the loveliness of the day. My peonies are glorious in their peak, my azealeas are fading fast and will soon need a trim. I ignored the weeds in the flower beds for now. Those stinking weeds have appeared almost overnite because of all of our recent rains. My mountain mint is coming up and I pinched off a few just to crush to inhale the cleanness of it's scent. Those few stolen moments I spent just doing something as simple as a walk around refreshed me immensely. While I may not have resolved the problems of this world, I sure was able to quiet my mind and live in those moments of sheer tranquility.

Today has me doing a little bit of stuff with Mom, mainly being taking her to the cardiologist. Perhaps he can get to the bottom of her face swelling. Either way, we always look forward to seeing him. He is originally from Belgium. Dr DeGent was also my Daddy's cardiologist. They became great friends, with the Dr dropping by the house now and then just to sit and chat with Daddy. He enjoyed hearing my Dad tell him of his time in Europe during WWII and the time he spent in Belgium back in the day. My Daddy was a character and could tell the best stories.

Have a wonderful day, dear ones. Make sure you take time to surround yourself with the beauty of nature that the Lord has so generously given us at this time of year, even if it is in your head or in a magazine picture. You may find that it brings a smile to your face.

CrazyMtnLady
May 15th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Good Morning. Not even 6am and the dogs have me up and not so wide awake. The birds are singing beautifully and I even heard an owl hooting.

I could not get DH motivated enough to cut me some wood for the smoker but he definitely has to cut it today or I will make the ribs on the gas grill. I can't blame him though, he has so much on his mind and then yesterday afternoon our cat Hondo was making an awful noise and I found him lying behind the air conditioner outside. He was breathing really hard and then he died. We figure it was a bite from a Copperhead. The noise he was making was a very pain filled sound. I am so tired of losing my cats to snake bites, but living here in the Ozarks that is one of the hazards to having pets.

It got up to 92*F here yesterday. It was quite hot. I walked to the mailbox and by the time I got back up the hill I was pouring with sweat. I don't think it will be that hot today because they were calling for rain later today. So DH better get the wood cut before it rains.

Blondie: I hope your Mom's swelling goes down soon. I have been keeping her in my prayers.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Monique
May 15th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning. Donna sorry about your cat. So sad indeed. Blondie, I hope you get answers today for you mom.

Well I got my new bed all set up. It took me all afternoon to put it together and today my back is not thanking me. Some of the steps were a two man job but hubby was either out cutting the grass or having a nap so I did it myself. Can hardly move today. A friend of mine is having a garage sale this weekend. She is selling all kinds of craft stuff, fabric, thread, a kazillion fabric paints etc. I will help her this afternoon to organize it a little bit and maybe find some treasures myself.

I work tomorrow and then it's off to Greg & Roxy's for the weekend. I was told to bring my passport with me. And then I bring Jersey home with me. The kids are going on a trip and we are dog sitting. Yes, me dog sitting. You better all write this down in your books. I am still terrified of other people's dogs though.

I will try and get some more cleaning done in my bedroom today as well. I don't know how much quilting will get done. I work tomorrow and will get a lot of quilting done there. hehehe.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
May 15th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good Morning,

Yesterday the temperature went a little past 90 degrees . I'm not sure what today will bring weatherwise, but it should be warm even if we get rain.

I had a rather long day yesterday but I accomplished everything I needed to get done. We ordered in pizza last night and it was so-o-o tasty! Pizza is a limited treat for me, but I made a piggy of myself and enjoyed every single bite! I have to mind my eating today because my indulgence is showing in my sugar this morning. I also need to watch it because I've gone up a size in my pants---drats the fitting room mirrors!

Blondie, I hope Mom gets a good report today from the cardiologist. My prayers will be with you. One of our tenants is in the hospital in critical condition with her kidnerys. Her name is Sandy and she and her husband are one of our senior citizen couples who live in our apartments. Please remember her in your prayers. Her husband, Eldon, is battling cancer and also needs prayer. They are both wonderful Christian people.

I'm going to make cheeseburger casserole for dinner tonight (one of jeff's favorites).

I'm ready to tackle another one of my UFO's...eenie....meenie...miney, mo! I sure have an assortment to choose from.

I wish all of you a great Wednesday.... Hugs, Barb

MRoy
May 15th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I hope your mom gets a good report at the doctor. Donna, I'm sorry about your kitty. Monique, enjoy your visit. I understand the dog thing, I'm the same way. Barb, I'll pray for Sandy and Eldon.

Well, it's mowing day again with 2 lawns to mow. DH is afraid to let the farmhand use the zero turn mower, so he's gotta get the other mower fixed so the guy can mow his own grass! It's supposed to get to the high 80s here this afternoon. Gotta run or I'll be late to work.

Mpyles
May 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Good morning!

Trying to motivate....having a hard time getting back into the groove of things!

Today I will drive to Lebanon. I haven't been there in two weeks...so I can't wait to see whats in store for me...well...maybe I can.....lol.
Not a lot going on around here this week. Tomorrow DD and I will drive to West Plains to visit the school she is hoping to attend in the fall. She is excited....me? Not so much! :(

Blondie, hope mom is feeling better soon. Donna, sorry bout your kitty. Monique..don't hurt yourself and not be able to lay in that new bed!! Barb, will keep your tenants in my prayers.

Everyone have a great day!!

aliaslaceygreen
May 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Good Morning!!!
Back home!
Sad that vacation is over, but you know, there IS no place like home. Ask the Cat. She has been velcro-ed to me since we returned!

Lots of photos (LOTS) to go thru, eventually I will post a link.

Lonna, we waved in both directions.

NOLA was lovely, what we could see of it thru the deluge that followed us almost every step of the way.... It was truly hard to appreciate and poke about the way I enjoy when being thundered and lighteninged and POURED on...but...we had fun anyway!!

I doubt I can read thru the last week...if there is anything I must know, I am sure it will pop up again...

Good to be back! Take care!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone, I guess you got the Missouri weather report from Barb, Donna and Mary. They are in a more or less straight line from the SW part of the state up to St. Louis, so whatever they get, I get a half a day later. So it's hot here. Broke a record yesterday, I think I heard 93. So the air is on today

I did my work at the bridal salon yesterday soloing, did two fittings and worked on three dresses. I was beat when I got home! The BIG BOSS came in, introduced himself, and asked if I wanted a permanent job. Guess that's a good sign, maybe at how desperate they are to find someone who knows how to sew! I can decide later if I want to continue doing it, but for now, I'm good with it, I need a few extra bucks to use on fabric and airline tickets!

Donna, I'm so sorry about your Hondo kitty, snakes are fascinating for cats, but copperheads are deadly. Mine started howling the other morning, he's 16 , then I couldn't find him. I feared the worst, but he was just trapped in the garage, and was fine once I let him in the house.

Prayers from me for those needing them, and to all my forum friends, have a great day!

cyndiofthevortex
May 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone. I've been sick for a while and I have missed so much of what's been going on around here. I don't know if I'll ever catch up. I've missed sharing your sorrows and delighting in your joys. I have not been able to sew since February. I want and need to get back into my sewing room.

I had a special treat this week. Although my mother has been gone for 7 years we have been unable to get her things from my step-father's family. A long and unpleasant story! This week I was able to get a quilt that she had won at the Sandwich Fair from the 4-H girls. She lived in Sandwich NH and worked the Eggs and Syrup display for many years, so it was a very special place for her. You can imagine my joy at receiving such a wonderful gift. It is a large log cabin in black and jewel tone fabrics. It is lovely and it was wonderful to sleep under it last night. I felt so close to my mom snuggled under that link to a past that I miss very much.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I will do as Blondie always says and SMILE.

toggpine
May 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Good Morning!
I treated myself to a weekend get-away for Mother's Day. We had some time share points that were due to expire. So I poked around on the site and found a little condo at the ocean for two days! We tweaked hubby's work schedule (thankfully his boss is flexible) and signed the Little Miss out of school on Monday.
It was so fun to just be together as a family with out all of the other distractions. We played cards, drew pictures, were silly, and had some great time combing the beach.

I now have some laundry to catch up on and a few other "trip recovery" things need to be dealt with today. I also have to run into the city today, and thanks to Bubba (Pat), I now have to avoid several other places where fabric lurks along my way in. I know it's just skulking around the corner just waiting to lure me in. I MUST not be weak and poke inside those seemingly innocent fabric shops. They will be all sweet and sunny with the "Oh Hi! Can we help you find anything today?" line. Then after they seduce me with quilting cottons, they will murder my checking account, while I stand helplessly by and watch. Oh the HORROR!

Donna, sorry to hear about your kitty. Monique, I'll go along with the others and say go easy on the furniture assembly/moving! Welcome back Trish! Glad you had a good trip despite the rain. Yea for pizza, even in moderation Barb, it's good stuff! Prayers for Sandy & Eldon. Myrna go easy on yourself with the lawns, that sounds exhausting. Mary have a good time on the drive with your daughter and make a few memories to tuck away for when she's away. Congrats Jean! I know you weren't super thrilled to be working with all of those bridal fabrics, but you must be doing something right if they offered you a job! Oh Cyndi - that sounds like a wonderful treasure. Congrats on getting it back!

Well, I'm gonna scoot, as the day won't wait, and I can hear the milkers calling back to the rooster to get me out of bed so they can have their breakfast.
You all have a great day! Don't forget to be the reason for someone's smile today!
Cathy

pcbatiks
May 15th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Good morning everyone......Donna, sorry to hear about your cat........I hate snakes. Monique, I hope you find some goodies at your friends garage sale......it sounds interesting. And Barb.......are you sure the problem is the dressing room mirrors.....I think it is probably a problem with your closet. You know...some closets tend to shrink clothes or at least that is my excuse. :D

I finished a really good book this past week.........The Thirteenth Tale. The book had a great quote about reading that I love. I know that the book lovers here can relate......

"Do you know the feeling when you start reading a new book before the membrane of the last one has had time to close behind you? You leave the previous book with ideas and themes–characters even–caught in the fibers of your clothes, and when you open the new book, they are still with you"
Quote from The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Continued prayers for those in need.

Laugh for the day.....

WendyI
May 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Morning all!! I'm actually making it in here in time to say "morning"! I'm at work...nothing exciting...will spend the day trying to look busy...which is exhausting.

Donna, have you ever considered getting and keeping indoor cats? I never, ever let my cats outside. Yes litter boxes are a disgusting pain, but far better than loosing kitties to snakes. Poor wee kitties.

No projects on the go and only one UFO - got my book finally on quilting studios, which unfortunately is not helpful at all so I'm a bit disappointed. We will be researching alternate options this weekend...not sure what though. Supposed to get some nice weather this weekend, finally, so will likely be absent from here for a bit. Much yard work to do!

pcbatiks, that's a cute and funny pic. Sending that one to a friend who rescues doxies. lol.

Hoping you all have an wonderful day!

auntiemern
May 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
It is still technically morning. Good day all. Blondie, hope they figure out what is causing the swelling. Monique, take it easy today. Barb, will keep Sandy and Eldon in my prayers. Donna, so sorry to hear about your cat. Outside cats are great at keeping critters away though. Got the binding to make and attach to the last of the tops that IrisGirl sent along with her quilt. Should get pics of those 2 later today. Then gonna start on the beautiful panel that Rhonda left for me to quilt. That one is gonna take a little more time, as I plan on echo quilting it. Wishing everyone a blessed and happy day. Hugs to all, and prayers for those in need.

lilmouse
May 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Afternoon ladies, how is everyone's day so far? Mine has been uneventful, ran Steve's nephew on a couple of errands and picked up my SIL from work, now waiting to go and collect some rent that is still due. If she answers her phone! Steve is working on getting rid of this tenant.....owes him some big money and never seems to have it; but last year a huge plasma tv shows up at her place! OK! This tenant has lied to him through her teeth for years and he has had it with her!
Sorry to hear about your cat Donna, and Marilyn you aren't letting your new baby get any rest at all are you? For all the others, welcome back and hope your day is great. I am ready for a nap and I never take naps....headaches are just kicking my behind this week.
Hugs and prayers for all...Susie