PDA

View Full Version : Had a Relaxing Vacation!

pcbatiks
May 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone........we were on vacation this past week. We left last Saturday and came home Thursday. Spent a couple of days in downtown Austin area, then on to Pedernales State park and then to Wimberley, Tx. Had a great time........we saw the bats leaving from Congress Street Bridge in Austin one evening and went to the Pecan Street Art & Music festival. The weather was perfect. The place we stayed at in Austin was nice & we walked to places we wanted to see........only one flaw.......the bed had a crater sized sink hole in the middle of it......not comfortable. So we did a "Lucy & Ricky" and slept in the twin beds in the extra room. :D Found a great place to eat Torchy's Tacos.......yummy!

Pedernales State park was pretty.......water was low but still nice. The little house we rented in Wimberley was very pretty with a great view from the deck. We had deer and a fox come through the yard every day. Had a relaxing time.....doing as little as possible.

Almost forgot..........about a half a block down the street from where we stayed in Austin was a fabric shop. Thought I might stop by that Monday before we left Austin but they were not open early enough that morning........so I didn't get to see the store. Please forgive me........I hope this doesn't get me thrown out of the forum..........I did not live up to my shopping potential. :D But in my defense I did by several pieces of fabric at an estate sale the day before we left so hopefully you all will forgive me! :D

Having trouble loading pictures again.......I'll try again later.

K. McEuen
May 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I just love Austin, so many cool things to do there. Glad you had a great time!

lilmouse
May 14th, 2013, 01:28 AM
love the picture...glad you had a good time.

MayinJerset
May 14th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Glad you had such a relaxing and pleasant vacation, looking forward to more photos. You are forgiven as it wasn't your fault the quilt shop wasn't open yet, spending some time there and buying a few pieces would have made it the perfect vacation. May

Tanya D
May 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Glad you had a nice getaway.