PDA

View Full Version : Update on Douwe and new quilt....

Klasien
May 13th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Two things in one post......

First things first.
Douwe has had a couple of bad weeks.....doing a little better now, but we have been worried that something was really wrong again.
He went in for a checkup and the docters put him in a bed right away.....he had a fever and was very very tiered, so that was not good. After a day in the hospital he could go home, he needs to rest for at least two weeks, the weekly check ups are back (he was on 2 weeks) and he feels a little better by now.
Lilian was in a huge stress and so were his girls, my parents were very sad as was the whole family, but we are keeping our heads up and we thinks positive, laugh as often as we can, and try to make as much out of each day as possible!
He is planning a big party in June, he turned 50 last March, Lilian will be 50 in July, and they have their 20 anniversary so that calls for a party, when he was so sick 2 weeks ago, he said if I will come out of this that party better be good....... :):)
The docter told him last week that this was a little setback and he believes my brother will recover slowly after this fever and all, it takes time and he might have another set back, but the docters are all believing that this will pass also!
So we are thankful for the great docters and that they kept him and did research right away, Douwe is in thé best cancer hospital in the country, so that is a real good thing!!!!!!

Now on to my latest quilt, just a simple and easy quilt, but I love it.
I did not have enough backing fabric so I've cut it and put some different black and white in between.

Thanks for listening and please keep my brother in your thoughts if you want!!

quilter.martha
May 13th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Klaisen, so sorry your brother is having a set-back. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Your quilt is lovely. The fabrics are wonderful!

Bubby
May 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Klasien, I'm so sorry to hear Douwe has had a setback. My prayers are with him and the family. Your quilt is really pretty. Hugs, Barb

MRoy
May 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Praying for Douwe...your quilt in pretty!

CrazyMtnLady
May 13th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Beautiful quilt.

Please let Douwe know that he is always in my prayers. God Bless.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 13th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'm very glad you told us how Douwe was doing, even though you had to tell us of a setback. I often wonder how he is doing. Sounds like he is determined to get better by party time! Prayers are with him that he can beat down what is making him feel bad right now. And the quilt is very pretty!

Sandy Navas
May 13th, 2013, 11:05 AM
You know the prayers are being sent - sometimes that step backwards is what it takes to get enough momentum to conquer the hill ahead of us. Lots of wonderful celebrations ahead.

Love your new quilt - did you fussy cut those stripes? Mine would never turn out so uniform.

bakermom
May 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
How scary for you all. I hope he continues to improve.

Klasien
May 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM
You know the prayers are being sent - sometimes that step backwards is what it takes to get enough momentum to conquer the hill ahead of us. Lots of wonderful celebrations ahead.

Love your new quilt - did you fussy cut those stripes? Mine would never turn out so uniform.

Thanks Sandy, and no I did not fussy cut the stripes, just my luck I guess, did not even see that they were all alike till you mentiond it.........

meemeecyn
May 13th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Thinking of you and Douwe, Klasien. The party sounds like it will do everyone good! Beautiful quilt, too.....love that color combination.
Cynthia

lilmouse
May 13th, 2013, 12:45 PM
So sorry to hear about Douwe's setback...glad they immediately researched it....hope he gets to feeling better quickly ...and of course you are all in my prayers.....love the quilt, it is awesome

shannonsaulter
May 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
In my prayers for recovery from this setback...oh a party we could use Skype and we can all come :)
I just love a parry..lol
The quilt is pretty!!

Jackiegross
May 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
You and your family are in my prayers and am sending as much good energy your way. i loe the quilt. It is 2 quilts in one. beautiful.

HandsOffItsMine
May 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
(((Klasien))), of course extra prayers from all of us here in Dallas. Douwe has been in my continued prayers, it's always sneaky that Big C. Glad to hear that he's in such a great hospital in Holland! That makes it easier for all to keep the faith!!

You know I love your quilty...got my peek on FB. lol

Huggers, Ruby

WendyI
May 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
So sorry for this setback...so glad they did the tests and I'm sure he will be just fine to party!!

Your quilt is adorable!

K. McEuen
May 13th, 2013, 02:11 PM
It's good to know the doctors are keeping on top of things with Douwe and it sure seems like he has the right attitude. The quilt turned out pretty!

auntiemern
May 13th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Klasien, will keep Douwe and family in my prayers. As long as the doctors stay positive, that is a good thing. He is a fighter, and that is good too. Your quilt is absolutely adorable.

pcbatiks
May 13th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Klasien, Douwe & your family will be in my prayers...........sorry to hear about this setback but glad he is getting the best care.

Your quilt turned out very pretty!

Evilynn
May 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Thinking of Douwe! I am so sorry about his setback and I hope he will be better soon! Great job on your quilt!

Musical_Starling
May 13th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Adding thoughts and prayers for Douwe and all of you. What a great reason to party with him this summer :) Your quilt is gorgeous too!

SallyO'Sews
May 13th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Klasien, I love the quilt... The blue looks especially pretty with the black and white!

I will certainly be praying for your precious family! Blessings, ~ Sally \0/