PDA

View Full Version : Bush fires out now

Poppytree
May 13th, 2013, 03:25 AM
We had a severe bush fire in the Adelaide Hills for more than 3 days but thankfully heavy rain showers have finally put them out. The fire service did a great job and only one house was burnt down with no loss of lives. It was a good 30 minutes drive away from us and moving fairly quickly in strong gully winds but you could see smoke and smell burning even though they were more than 20 miles away.

Musical_Starling
May 13th, 2013, 03:46 AM
How scary! Makes for a beautiful picture, but a scary thought. So glad nobody was hurt.

bkthomas
May 13th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Ditto, just what I was thinking! Scarey but makes for a beautiful picture!

Evilynn
May 13th, 2013, 06:31 AM
How dangerous and beautiful at the same time! I'm really glad that no one got hurt.

quilter.martha
May 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Scary indeed! Both of my sisters were evacuated 8 or 10 years ago in San Diego during a horrendous wild fire. One sister's house was entirely consumed and the other one's house had damage to the yard only--but still over $20,000 in damages. I'm glad you're safe.

WendyI
May 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Yikes!! I wouldn't want to be living in those houses in the forefront of your pic! And that's close enough if you were the one that took that pic! Fire is scarey stuff. Glad no one was injured...sad for the family that lost their home tho. :(