PDA

View Full Version : Finally I got it done!!!

RFREE
February 13th, 2011, 12:55 AM
O.k. I am not sure if I mentioned this or not but back in July I started a quilt for my SIL made out of her mothers clothes ( she passed away 8 yrs ago). I have struggled with this quilt for all these months ; with the different types of fabric and all. I decided to applique 8" hearts (her moms clothes) onto 12 " muslin and put a 4" border around each block.Well me being the " can't stay one quiilt long enough to finish it"kind of girl ha ha It has taken me way, way to long to wrap this thing up. So my 12 year old daughter went with her best friend to a classmates funeral who was tragically killed in a gun accident this past Tuesday. Please keep this childs family in your prayers.I can't imagine what they are going through. I decided to get back on this quilt and not stop til I got the top finished. It took me all day but she is done. I am so happy!!! Next step get it quilted and get it to Louisville!!! In the middle of all of this I decided to turn the I touch back on my new Oliso iron that I dropped a couple months ago and the I touch feature stopped working;I was just sick you should know; well It now works!!! Can you believe that? If any of you quilting buddys out there don't have one ,An Oliso that is, It is the neatest thing. I just love mine. They are pretty pricey but My hubby won this one on e-bay for $38.00 brand new!!! This particular iron goes for 4 x's that. Nothing like a good deal for sure.
Anyway I don't post on here very much but I do check it out first thing in the mornings and last thing at night. I just love reading what everyone is up to day by day. I am hooked on this forum and can't tell each and everyone of you how much I truly love reading all your posts. You are like family for sure. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday and keep on posting.
Rhonda

Dragonfly
February 13th, 2011, 02:07 AM
It's good that you have managed to get this quilt finished, it is always satisfying to achieve. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

debinmalaga
February 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Rhonda, I know how happy you are to have finished the quilt top. It sounds beautiful. Maybe you can take a picture to share with us before you send it to Louisville. I know it will be a cherished keepsake!

RFREE
February 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Rhonda, I know how happy you are to have finished the quilt top. It sounds beautiful. Maybe you can take a picture to share with us before you send it to Louisville. I know it will be a cherished keepsake!

Once I get it done and she comes to get it I will most definitely post pictures on here if it will let me.Thanks !