PDA

View Full Version : Do you sell a thread thingy?

WillQuiltforChoc
September 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I just bought my first spool of thread that is actually on a cone. I have it sitting on the top of my machine, and it works OK. But, I thought I remember seeing something that sits next to your machine. The cone sits on it and it allows you to thread into the machine. Clear as mud?!! I would like to buy one of these, but can't find it yet.

sewhot
September 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Oh that is FUNNY!! Actually, Mom (jenny) uses those giant cones all the time.....They don't work very good on your machine's spool holder, so we purchased a clear jar. That's it. A clear glass vase, wide enough for thread. (we picked ours up at TJ Maxx, for 3 bucks.) Hahahah!! See, aren't we technical! :lol:

Just set your spool in it, and thread as usual. Good luck. I bet you have something like that laying around in the house already!

Have a great day....and keep those questions coming!!

WillQuiltforChoc
September 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Oh, thank you so much! Tomorrow is recycling day, so I'm going out there to see what's there. I might have something laying around otherwise. I would never have thought of that!

jenny
September 29th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Actually i usually use a pint canning jar...but we got fancy for the tutorials!

toggpine
September 29th, 2009, 02:41 AM
GREAT idea! I had the cone bouncing around on top of my sewing machine too. The plastic cone holder thingie that came with my machine did not work. Now I can match the thread when using the serger and the regular machine without all of that commotion.

Love your screen name by the way! Chocolate & fabric = affordable luxuries! Well, usually! :mrgreen:

WillQuiltforChoc
October 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm glad you like my name. I could also have done 'will quilt for Jr. Mints' but the name is too long!

jeanniebee
October 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM
haha, that is a great name! Today's daily deal (chocolate fat quarter bundle) is probably right up your alley :D