PDA

View Full Version : It Sunday and it is Mother's Day too.

Monique
May 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM

Good morning all you fine friends. Happy Mother's Day to you all. My mother is in Heaven enjoying a feast no doubt. Enjoy the time you have with your mom.

After work yesterday, hubby said I dragged him to a quilt show. Hahaha. Dragged my a*se!! He CHOSE to come with me. I did see a few people that I know from past quilt trips. Some I will see again on the 23rd. The only thing I bought was a pattern for a purse. My goodness, the prices are high here in Canada. A layer cake was $43.00. I found a lot of the fabric this year is dark. There were a lot of browns and fall colours. And batiks I guess are big this year too. There were so many amazing quilts. My husband asked a few times, Can you make this? Suuure I can. LOL!! Afterwards, we stopped at my niece's shop for a quick visit and then went out to dinner. We had a lovely meal.

My 2nd son just called to wish me a happy mother's day. The skies here are cloudy and it rained all night I think. The temps are cool too. Not sure what I will be doing today. I think hubby may take me out for breakfast.

Have a blessed day friends.

CountryHut
May 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Happy Mother's Day all :|

"Make it" a good day

pcbatiks
May 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Happy Mother's Day to Monique & Diane and all of our forum mom's..........hope you all have a great day! Keeping it simple today.......my parents & our son & his GF are coming over for tacos for lunch with ice cream for dessert. Hope to do some sewing this afternoon unless a nap takes over!

Sandy Navas
May 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Surprise of surprises - Al even remembered to give me a great big smackerino and a giant hug and tell me Happy Mother's Day. I almost fainted. Don and the girls left Mom in bed with Agnes and headed to church. They all told me Happy Mother's Day on the way out the door. The girls always look so adorable all dressed up. Most of the time they are little rag-a-muffins.

I do have to share that Zoe (4YO) is still home with Papa and I. Last week she was here alone and mentioned she needed a snack so I took her to Papa's special stash of fig newtons. She never forgot. So this morning she came to me and told me she sure would like one of those things I gave her the other day. I asked her if she meant a toy? No. Well, what? Those little square things that are soft that Papa likes. So I told her "I think Papa ate them all." The look she gave me. She rolled her eyes and told me, "Nana, you just can't think. You HAVE to KNOW." Just one of the reasons my home invasion seems worth it.

With that, I am hoping to go sew the rest of the day. Yesterday turned out to be a total wash for me.

I hope everyone realizes that today is not the only day of the year to honor Mothers. Remember them every day of your life because they carried you for a long time!!

Lindagie
May 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here and everywhere. I think of my mom every day. She is probably in heaven playing cards with my Dad, uncles and aunts who used to play at home for the big bucks (I think everyone put in a huge 35 cents). LOL!
Celebrated last weekend with son and his family in Michigan after our grandson's First Communion, and will go to brunch at our other son's house today. It will be very casual and informal. DD is overseas right now, so won't get to see her for awhile yet.
Hope everyone has a great day; and Yes, remember your moms everyday when they are here because there will be a day when they won't be here. Mine has been gone for 9 years, but I still find myself wanting to call her to talk or ask her something. Love you Mom!

bakermom
May 12th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Happy Mothers Day!

nana margaret
May 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Hope everyone in the USA has the happiest of Mother's Days!

nana margaret
May 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all our Canadian mums too!

Evilynn
May 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Happy Mother's day to all mums all over the world! (Except in England, they had theirs already I believe..)

I got spoiled the whole day already. The day kicked off with breakfast in bed incl. sparkling wine (which I could sadly only take a tiny sip from... the chemo makes me feel very bad this time :( ), later there was strawberry cake which was very obviously made with love and I enjoyed a tiny piece of :) and now there was a steak with fries and veggies for dinner. OMG, see how spoilt I get!

I hope all of you got an equally nice treatment today! :)

CrazyMtnLady
May 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all you mom here.
It is a sad Mother's Day here for sure. But after my first mother's day 40 years ago Mother's Day has not been one of my happiest days. I lost my mom 2 days after my very first Mother's Day And now losing Daniel's mother the day before Mother's Day.
My daughters do not speak to me because I am such a wicked mom.

But I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all you mom here.
It is a sad Mother's Day here for sure. But after my first mother's day 40 years ago Mother's Day has not been one of my happiest days. I lost my mom 2 days after my very first Mother's Day And now losing Daniel's mother the day before Mother's Day.
My daughters do not speak to me because I am such a wicked mom.

But I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.Donna, you are in my thoughts today. Sad day for you, I'm sure. Try to do something enjoyable for yourself today.

grannyann
May 12th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Donna you are a very good mom. Some times our children just can't see what is right in front of them.
My wish for you is that you will enjoy your day just because you carried these girls and gave birth to them.
No mom is perfect , we all have ours faults but so do our children but we never give up on them nor stop loving them.
May you have some special blessing this Mothers Day.
And a Happy Mothers Day to all .

Evilynn
May 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Donna, you're in my thoughts today, too! I agree with Ann, sometimes things just go not as planned and children fail to see that their mothers love them just as they are. A mother always cares no matter what happens. Still no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. I hope you will be able to treat yourself to something nice, just for yourself.

Many hugs,

Steffie

aliaslaceygreen
May 12th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Had to check in today to wish everyone a Happy Mothers Day.... you don't NEED to be a mom...being an aunt or teacher or nose wiper and knee-scrape kisser puts you into the right category!!

We are in Lafayette, LA, having a great time.... Going to have breakfast soon with my uncle and will have lunch/dinner with Bro Juniper, one of my long lost cousins...and probably headed to Avery Island to look for pretty things to take photos of...

I haven't been online...I hope all is well with everyone, and that if you need a hug, well, here----- ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))

Mpyles
May 12th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all!! Today my brother and I and our families will take our momma out for an Italian dinner. No cooking for me today!! Hope you all enjoy your day!

ilive2craft2
May 12th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Happy Mother's Day all. Hubby let me sleep in and had coffee ready for me when I finally crawled out of bed. :) Our son stopped by last night and dropped off a plant for me and he plans to come over again after work tonight. Getting together with my siblings at my mother's apt this afternoon and we are going to tackle filling up her glass cabinet with all of her collections (cherished teddies, precious moments, dishes, glass sparkly things, etc). We have all been putting it off, not wanting to do it alone, since she moved to the new place a couple of months ago. Having us all there and getting the last of the totes out of her way will make her one happy camper! Sun is shining here today. Before going to Mom's I hope to tackle part of son's room so that I can get my cutting table setup. Have a great day!

Divine Daisy
May 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Happy mothers day to all in the US and Canada. Ours is in March.....not that we do anything in our house :)

Iris Girl
May 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Happy Mom's Day to all!! My husband is off to work...a very good thing for someone who has been on employment for over a year. My youngest bought me a purple clematis plant and a flat of pink wave petunias for my hanging basket plus my favorite http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/417680/220.jpg. I am hap hap happy!!!

Cathy F
May 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Happy Mother 's Day to all!

The sun is shining today, so it's a good day to get those plants in the ground. My daughter and son-in-law gave me 2 beautiful deep purple clamatis plants, and a Scotch broom plant, and my husband gave me a beautiful rose bush. Going to run up to the cemetery and put some flowers on our mother,s grave, then maybe do a barbeque dinner and just relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

shannonsaulter
May 12th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Happy mommies day to all here and to any single dads that may be here...
I work today and its Friday...I came home last night to plants gift cards and brownies...
Yum...hubby ordered me laptop for my sewing room it will be here soon...

auntiemern
May 12th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's here. Today started out wonderfully. Had the GK's overnight, and they woke me up to a special heart pancake made in the shape of a heart. How special is that? Taking them home shortly, so they can wake up their mom (she worked overnight), give them her gifts from them. Then a bit later we will go to dinner at Pasta House. Yum. Hugs and Blessings to all, Prayers for those in need.