PDA

View Full Version : Navy girl called from....?

shermur
May 12th, 2013, 08:29 AM
So excited! I got to hear from my Navy daughter last night from.....she couldn't tell us where she was, but we did figure out that she was 14 hours ahead of the central United States. It was great hearing her voice and she stated she is having the time of her life! My daughter was dreading the deployment, but now that she is experiencing the adventure, her attitude is different. It was the best Mother's Day gift!

MRoy
May 12th, 2013, 08:34 AM
That's wonderful! Happy Mother's Day!!

mgreen2427
May 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
That's wonderful and Happy Mother's day from another Navy mom!! I too know the importance of sticking with the saying L.L.S.S. (Loose Lips Sink Ships) We call our son a sand squid because he's never served on a ship. :)

shermur
May 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Happy Mother's Day to you Myrna!

shermur
May 12th, 2013, 09:08 AM
That's wonderful and Happy Mother's day from another Navy mom!! I too know the importance of sticking with the saying L.L.S.S. (Loose Lips Sink Ships) We call our son a sand squid because he's never served on a ship. :)

Thank you, Melissa! Happy Mother's Day to you! Your post made me giggle...I know my daughter is having the time of her life, but to receive a tight hug from her right now would be such a blessing. I don't know how you are, but I tear up before she ends our phone conversations, still worrying whether she'll be OK where she is. And funny you should mention "squid" , we refer to my daughter as sea squid....LOL

Monique
May 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
What a great Mother's Day gift. When my son was gone with his ship, if we asked a question that he could not answer, his reply was "I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you."

asta
May 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM
LOL I like that one, our son, newly discharged served as a SeaBee for nine years, did a 3 week stint on a ship, hated every minute of it.

So glad you got to hear from your daughter Sherri.
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.
Beth

Sandy Navas
May 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Sherri, that is WONDERFUL that she was able to call home. And to Melissa, Monique, Asta and every other Mother out there who has had a loved-one serve: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Thank you to all who serve, regardless of their capacity, to keep our freedoms.

mgreen2427
May 12th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Thank you, Melissa! Happy Mother's Day to you! Your post made me giggle...I know my daughter is having the time of her life, but to receive a tight hug from her right now would be such a blessing. I don't know how you are, but I tear up before she ends our phone conversations, still worrying whether she'll be OK where she is. And funny you should mention "squid" , we refer to my daughter as sea squid....LOL

Hang in there I know it's tough. We once went 2.5 years without seeing our son when he was overseas. He got liberty twice and it was cancelled both times.

shermur
May 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Thank you all....I am a part of the Navy for Moms website, which was such a help to get informed of what our military children go through to serve our country. And yes, it's a little disappointing to not be able to hear from my daughter's lips where she is....but I do all I can through Navy.mil and the ship's Facebook page to see if I can keep up with her adventure!

WendyI
May 12th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Thats awesome!! Happy moms day!

mgreen2427
May 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM
LOL I like that one, our son, newly discharged served as a SeaBee for nine years, did a 3 week stint on a ship, hated every minute of it.

So glad you got to hear from your daughter Sherri.
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.
Beth

Mine would hate it also. When he said he was joining the Navy my first question was why? He said why not? I said because you HATE the water. He laughed and said Mom the Navy is land sea and air.

mgreen2427
May 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Thank you all....I am a part of the Navy for Moms website, which was such a help to get informed of what our military children go through to serve our country. And yes, it's a little disappointing to not be able to hear from my daughter's lips where she is....but I do all I can through Navy.mil and the ship's Facebook page to see if I can keep up with her adventure!

I was one of the original members on the Navy for Moms sight. I'm not on there much any more. But do pop in from time to time and check on the groups I started. Bahrain Moms, MMA Moms and Michigan Moms groups.

CrazyMtnLady
May 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
How wonderful.. Happy Mother's Day.

Divine Daisy
May 12th, 2013, 12:49 PM
How great to hear from her! So glad for you.

mgreen2427
May 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Monique:I like that answer. I got to where I stopped asking because we always kind of know in what general large area there in. One day he called and said. I don't now what you're hearing in the states, but I'm safe. Love you Mom gotta go. Many of his military family call me "Michigan Mom" and I love it !!!

ilive2craft2
May 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
That's great that you got to talk to your daughter! I bet she would love to have a hug from you too!

Thank you to all the mom's with kids in the service - I don't know how you do it, but I know you are proud of your kids. I am very thankful for their service to our country. Happy Mother's Day!

Momofmonsters5
May 12th, 2013, 01:49 PM
So great she can call you for Mother's Day
Please refer to her other than your navy daughter lol

shannonsaulter
May 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM
What a great gift!!! Have a great rest of the day

auntiemern
May 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
So happy that you got to hear from her. Had to make your Mother's Day very special indeed.

Mchelem
May 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I'm lucky that mine is stateside, and within an hour of me. Shes reserve but went active for 6 months. But I dread an actual deployment. (Although one may be beneficial for her because of her ex).