PDA

View Full Version : Met Granny Judy today :)

ilive2craft2
May 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Granny Judy and I met up today - we live about an hour or so apart. Met up at JoAnn's in Peoria this morning - it is much bigger than the one we have in Bloomington. We looked around a bit and then went over to a little diner to have tea and a coke, so we could chat and not be interrupted by people trying to shop around us. :)

She is so sweet - I also met her lovely daughter. Judy gave me the cutest chicken pin cushion. We chatted the morning away - time just flew by! So much fun to meet a forum friend. :)

Here is a picture of us (I am in the green) and one of my cute chicken pin cushion.

47204 47205

grannyann
May 11th, 2013, 10:53 PM
What a nice picture. So glad you two got to meet and spend time together. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Lonna
May 11th, 2013, 11:45 PM
How wonderful t meet forum friends. So glad you both got to me and had a great day.

bubba
May 12th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Sounds like a great day had by all. That chicken is adorable!!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 12th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Glad you got together! Isn't it fun to meet forum friends?

Mpyles
May 12th, 2013, 01:47 AM
That's really cool!! Glad you got to meet a fellow forum member!!

turena65
May 12th, 2013, 01:47 AM
What fun! Happy for you both..and that chicken is adorable!

auntiemern
May 12th, 2013, 01:49 AM
So excited that you got to meet up. You are both as sweet looking as I expected. I am so happy for both of you. Meeting forum friends is just the icing on the cake.

SandyWhite
May 12th, 2013, 01:53 AM
What fun to meet. I love seeing the picture of both of you.

shannonsaulter
May 12th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Looks like you had fun what a great pic love the pinnie...

rebeccas-sewing
May 12th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Love the pictures! Glad you got the chance to meet up and have some fun together!

Iris Girl
May 12th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Looks like you both had a great time, what fun meeting each other. OMG the chicken is adorable!!

shermur
May 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
That is so awesome, Lisa! Isn't it great to know that those of us who quilt want to share our time and friendships with eachother? Thanks for sharing; hoping you and Granny Judy get to meet up again! High five!

Cathy F
May 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you both had a great day. So nice to put a face to a name, thanks for the picture!

Evilynn
May 12th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Seems you had a lot of fun! So nice to meet a forum friend in person. :) Thank you for sharing with us!

Momofmonsters5
May 12th, 2013, 03:37 PM
How wonderful!!

Bubby
May 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
How nice the two of you got to meet! Judy is such a nice forum member...very talented.

Fabriclovr
May 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Ladies, it is so nice to see some of the faces of the ladies that participate in my swaps! Glad you had a good time :)

EnumclawGramma
May 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
This just makes me smile :D SEW glad you two got to meet and spend some quilty time together! Love this forum!

Wwena
May 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM
How great for you, I bet you had a blast!!

Bailey65
May 12th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I think someone from up above has a plan for us quilting ladies because EVERY ONE I have met is a keeper!!! Wonderful, wonderful ladies here :)

So happy you got to meet! Very nice picture as well :D

sewbizzy
May 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I'm glad that you two had the chance to meet..this is the most wonderful forum!!!

Granny Judy
May 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Sorry I am late getting back here with all my Quilty Friends.. It was a sunny bright day and Meeting.. I couldn't believe how fast the time flew!! Lisa is so bubbley and warm. It IS a special connection we have that makes us instant Friends. Hugs to all and hope to meet up with more of you lovely people!!

WendyI
May 13th, 2013, 02:07 PM
awwwww...you look like you had a very fun time! So sweet!

pcbatiks
May 13th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Lisa, it looks like you and Judy had a great time............nice picture too!

mamaquilt
May 13th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Glad both of you met and that you had a wonderful day. In a way I'm sorry to be so far out of the way. I really would like to meet some forum members, but who knows?????

Blondie
May 14th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Oh Lisa, you are sooo fortunate to have been able to meet up with our Granny Judy ! How much fun is that! Looks to me that your temps were warmer than here in NC where I've had to keep a sweater on, even in the sun! hmmmm.
Judy is a special gal and so are you. Here's to more shopping sprees and afternoon teas.

Blessings

Blondie

Granny Judy and I met up today - we live about an hour or so apart. Met up at JoAnn's in Peoria this morning - it is much bigger than the one we have in Bloomington. We looked around a bit and then went over to a little diner to have tea and a coke, so we could chat and not be interrupted by people trying to shop around us. :)

She is so sweet - I also met her lovely daughter. Judy gave me the cutest chicken pin cushion. We chatted the morning away - time just flew by! So much fun to meet a forum friend. :)

Here is a picture of us (I am in the green) and one of my cute chicken pin cushion.

47204 47205

Renate
May 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
there is nothing above pictures from our "family" meetings. You cannot imagine how much I love this fotos, when some of you have a come together. OK, I also love the pictures of your works, your quilts, your ideas, but the personla pics are the best.
Maybe some day anybody will visit me and I also can post a foto .... anybody out there visiting Switzerland?

Tanya D
May 14th, 2013, 01:22 PM
So glad you two got to meet!