PDA

View Full Version : Mail call

asta
May 11th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I received 2 packages in the mail today! And I did not even order either. A friend of mine (I call her my tech support) was working on upgrading my computer last week and hacked into a couple of my accounts and just ordered what I had on my wish lists. So I had to turn around and make her a bag with some of the fabric she bought for me a few weeks ago.
It sure is nice to have such wonderful friends.
Beth

shannonsaulter
May 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Oh what an awesome surprise! look at all those dies...I have the go baby and am thinking of going to the go then gifting my baby to someone that might want it...gotta wait til a good sale though...Love those fabrics warm and inviting and the bag is too cute!

K. McEuen
May 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Now those are the kind of hackers we all need!

mgreen2427
May 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM
We could all use hackers like that.!

Wwena
May 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM
First of all what a WONDERFUL thing to do! I know a lot of hackers but no one ever did anything like that. :) The bag is fab, what a nice fabric!!

Second of all, what is that fabric dye thingie?

K. McEuen
May 11th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Second of all, what is that fabric dye thingie?

Those are cutting dies for the Accuquilt Go. They let you cut special shapes for applique. Pretty expensive.

asta
May 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Yes, the dies can get pretty pricey, I have the Go Baby and was just dreaming of getting those dies, Maybe I should have filled up my wish lists with more stuff. Now, she will probably be asking me to make something for her, already made several quilts, curtains for almost every window in her house, some are actually quilted curtains. I think she will probably be asking for a Christmas tree skirt in the near future.

K. McEuen
May 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Hmm, never thought of quilted curtains before, but I bet they come in handy in Wisconsin.

asta
May 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM
She has these 2 18" octagon shaped windows where the light was putting a clare on her computer, she wanted me to just make plain curtains to cover them but her old house has such beautiful woodwork I did not want to cover it so I made 2 small quilts that just set inside the window frame and I attached suction cups to stick them to the windows. I must admit, they look awesome, both inside and outside.

Divine Daisy
May 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Would she like to hack my computor too???????

My mother made quilted curtains several time....... ok lets be honest......she made patchwork curtains and made me quilt the bug*ers!

pcbatiks
May 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Nice gifts.............maybe I need to get a wish list ready! :)

HandsOffItsMine
May 11th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Cool gifts and a wonderful friend! :) Love the bag you made her!

I have my wish list on Amazon...I'm lucky if my family pays attention to it. lol