PDA

View Full Version : Saturday!

Monique
May 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Good morning friends. This is my last Saturday of work for a while. I am pretty happy to be getting a rest. This week I have a new bed coming in so I will need to get that room cleaned out. I do work on Thursday. I leave Friday to spend the weekend with my son and daughter-in-law. I am looking forward to that.

Today there is a quilt show in Ottawa that I would like to go see. Hubby and I will go for dinner after.

It is gray and overcast today with much cooler temperatures. We need the rain as there have been forest fires nearby.

Well that is the extent of my day. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

buckeyequilter
May 11th, 2013, 08:32 AM

Off to my sewing room.....have a wonderful day!

Prayers and hugs

Mpyles
May 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning!!

Up early to prepare for my dd graduation reception from 1 to 4. The final busy day of my vacation week. It's been a long tiring but rewarding week...and in hind sight...I don't know how I would have done it all if I had not been on vacation. The project grad festivities for me, we're a let down. Long story..short....I put a lot a work into something that I don't feel was as fun as it should have been. That being said...it's over and done and no use cryin over spilled milk!! Looking forward to today for my DD, she is such a sweet, hard working young woman. The two of us struggle to communicate still at times, as I really don't know any thing...phfaaaw!! But I love her very much and she has a great head on her shoulders! Excited for her next chapter!

Well nuff of my I am sure not so interesting ramblings...up to get my work done!! Can't wait to get back into my sewing room!!

shermur
May 11th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Well, I should give in and do some spring cleaning on the house (it will take a lot of will power) and then, since it is Mother's Day weekend, attempt to get into my sewing room and work some more on the Phoebe Flower quilt I am creating for my step daughter. Third row finished last night! My hubby was going to clean up a fallen tree limb that had fallen in the yard over a week ago, but it seems that one of sweet neighbor's that borrowed our lawn mower to spread fertilizer on his lawn, took the fallen limb away to dispose of for us! So great to have wonderful neighbors!

HandsOffItsMine
May 11th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Monique, happy last day at work! :)

Don and I are picking up a vintage armoire (on the cheap) - going to paint it out with Farmhouse Chalk paint to store my art and mixed media supplies. I'm a visual person with OCD, I need to have my goods organized and within my reach to create. lol

I have another tall slim dresser to paint out to hold my vintage jewelry and jewelry making supplies plus miscellaneous family momento items.

Need to get those last boxes unpacked before they really start working on my nerves...lol

Enjoy your Mother's Day tomorrow all!

Huggers, Ruby

Bubby
May 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good Morning,

We will work in the yard for a few hours today and then we are off to Rolla, the closest real town to us for lunch and a little shopping. I suspect this is my Mother's Day outing. Jeff and I have no children together, but he still remembers me every mother's Day.

I am working on the borders for my DGSs birthday quilt. I started it last year when it was going to be his graduation quilt. His birthday is the end of July, so I have no excuse for not getting it done in plenty of time.

Wishing everyone a great weekend...Hugs, Barb

MRoy
May 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning! Monique, enjoy your quilt show and dinner with DH! I'm putting together a new desk chair for the sewing studio today. I have an old one in the basement but it's staying there with the patching and mending machine. I need to finish painting shelves too. It's another rainy, chilly day...a good day to stay inside.

Iris Girl
May 11th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Its raining here and I have to work so its ok. working on a Mrs santa and a Mrs snowman block to go with their mr's. they will be a wall hanging when done. need to find some heart buttons for lips. Have a great day all, hugs and prayers for those that need them

Jean Sewing Machine
May 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Good morning all! It's a grey day here, the grandkids will be here soon, and Grandma is tired! Back in the work groove after a 4 month layoff, I have to build up my stamina for working non-stop without my recliner nearby for cat naps!

Saw Annie Get Your Gun done by a local community theatre group, and costumed by my mentor seamstress/fellow costumer. The costumes were great, the set was great, the songs were old, the story was old, can you make this old show into something new and exciting? This one somehow missed the mark. My cousin's SIL was the lead, so I got to see her and hubs and two daughters, so that was fun! Tonight I'm going to see Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, starring several of my friends. Hopefully, it will surpass last night's offerings at the theatre!

I started making the D9P with sashing from Jenny's tut yesterday, it is a fun block to make, and is turning out cute! I am using some charms I bought on DD a couple of weeks ago "Snap something". Very colorful. I want to make it bigger than Jenny's, so I need to make D9P blocks from two charm packs. Love playing with arranging finished blocks. May not get much done today, as I am entertaining grandkids this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!

shermur
May 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Off to my sewing room.....have a wonderful day!

Prayers and hugs

I agree, Shirley! This is awesome!

CrazyMtnLady
May 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Good Morning all. It is a bright and sunny morning here. DH got home yesterday afternoon and boy was he dog tired. The truck was COVERED in mud and so was HE! It looked like he had took the truck to a Mud Derby instead of just trying to get out of a field he was camping in. LOL. I wouldn't let him lie down on the bed until he took his muddy clothes off. He was glad I had cleaned the hot tub and he was soaking in it in no time at all. He was so glad to be home. I loved the rack I made him. I just took an old 2x4 and drilled about 9 holes in it spaced about 3 inches apart or so and put hanging pegs in them. He needed a place to hang his holsters and powder horns. I didn't even paint it or glue the pegs in yet. But he loves it. I hung it across close to the top of an window that is hardly used, the blinds will keep the sun from fading out the leather of his holsters.

The 2 Texas friends will be here either tomorrow or Monday. They had to go up to Kansas City first to Old Man's son's house to deliver his smoker and then they will be here to deliver ours'. I can't wait to see it and use it. DH is going to cut up some wood for it so we can do a couple racks of ribs on it when they get here. I will make a batch of my homemade BBQ sauce.

We will be doing NOTHING today. I am sure DH will sleep on and off most of the day. He is exhausted. I will start unloading the truck for him and I need to do all his muddy laundry. :( Need to check the forecast first!

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Ginny B
May 11th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Good Morning all. Sort of a grey morning here -- after an absolutely beautiful day yesterday. Trying to do a bit of catch up here on what everyone has been up to. I haven't had much time to spend here recently because of so much "life" happening --- some good, some not so good. I am hoping things will get back on a more even keel soon. One of the good things is that I am picking my Pfaff from the repairman -- one of the bad things is that it had to go there in the first place. I've only got it 4 months and changing a needle turned into major issues. I am not happy about that.

But hopefully today will be a good day. DH and I will be going to pick up my machine, then off to the jewelers to get a charm put on my charm bracelet (dh got me a watering can charm for our 10th anniversary a couple weeks ago) and then off to visit with my Aunt for Mother's Day. She is in a nursing home now and I am afraid she won't really know who I am. My cousin's will be there too so we should have a nice visit.

I have a lot of orders from dh's co-workers and having my Pfaff out of commission, I have gotten way behind. I was able to get some things done with my featherweight but I need some of those decorative stitches to finish others. I also got a call last night from my friend who's flea market/craft fair I did last weekend. Got a request for a tote bag and an apron for the woman who does the gardening at the church and a question about if I would be interested in doing a Christmas Craft Fair in December. Of course, I said yes so I will be starting on Christmas stuff soon. Guess I will be taking out some Christmas cd's for inspiration soon. LOL

On a hopeful note, ds #1 is starting to feel his new meds get into his system and says he has more energy. Unfortunately, the job he thought he had didn't turn out to be what he was lead to believe it was. That certainly didn't help his depression but he is continuing in his search. So many ups and downs the last few weeks.

Ok, off to get this day started. I hope everyone has a good one.

Ginny B

ilive2craft2
May 11th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Good Morning everyone! The sun is shining here today after 2 really gray rainy days. Much cooler yesterday - had to turn the furnace back on last night, but supposed to warm right back up this week. Really need to mow, but that will have to wait until this afternoon. This morning I am heading out to meet up with Granny Judy! We live about an hour apart and are meeting up this morning at JoAnns. I am so excited to meet a forum buddy and her sweet daughter!

When I get back, the plans are to mow and then tackle my son's room - he moved out last Saturday, but boy did he leave a bunch of stuff and a mess behind! He is coming over after work tonight to work on it some more too. I want to at least get one side of it clean enough so that I can get my cutting table set up in there. Woo hoo - new sewing room!

He is doing fine and I am not as much of a mess as I was last weekend. It really doesn't feel much different day to day, since even when he was living here we didn't see much of him due to work, school and friends. In fact, I think I have seen him more this week than the weeks before he moved out and he was awake and talking. :) He said he would be over for Mother's day tomorrow as well and I know he has laundry to do. :)

Have a great day everyone and as Blondie would say - Smile! :) Lisa

Lonna
May 11th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Off from work today and just being lazy. I do have several things I need to do today. I really need to head to walmart and really do not want to go there. But I must as the cats will be upset if I don't pick them up some cat food. And need to pick up a gift for my Mother. Really want to finish up my snowball quilt today so close to being done with it. Well have a great one my friends.

Sandy Navas
May 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I don't know if yesterday was a wash for me or not. I managed to finish a very complicated, self-designed knitting bag prototype at the request of my DD. What a bag. It turned out really great but is much larger than what I would have liked. Sure made it difficult to handle on the machine - made it to specs that a friend of DD had given her. Think the final one will definitely be smaller than this one.

Got up yesterday with a headache from hades and spent all afternoon in bed sleeping it off. I don't know what hit me as I don't normally get headaches. This morning Al says he has a horrendous headache, too. Must be something going round.

Off here shortly to do food co-op. Don't know why I committed myself to this chore, but in the end it is worth it and it does get me out of the house where I can get some of the stink blown off.

So, to those in need . . . prayers. To those in want . . . wishes. To those who just have . . . hugs. And, to everyone else:

http://pernix.at/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/take-a-smile.jpg (http://pernix.at/?p=2399)

MayinJerset
May 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Sunny then raining looks like today's weather plus it is hot and humid. Doing something today that I hardly ever do on Saturdays, Laundry. Had a problem with washing machine and laundry got backed up, would put it off until Monday but DH is wearing his Spider Man undies so I know that's his last clean pair. Spidey undies were a gift from grandson Ben when he was little and thought they were The Bomb.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, May in Jersey

shannonsaulter
May 11th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Good morning all...its my Thursday at work and its been a long tiring week am looking forward to my two days off..
Have a great day all..

Sandy Navas
May 11th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I just read May's note about the Spider Man undies . . .

Vivid imagination I do have.
http://static.zara.net/photos//2013/V/0/3/p/3973/699/250/2/3973699250_2_2_3.jpg?timestamp=1365372000000 (http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-nam-S2013/372001/1049056/PACK+OF+2+PAIRS+OF+SPIDERMAN+BOXERS)

K. McEuen
May 11th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I just read May's note about the Spider Man undies . . .

Vivid imagination I do have.
http://static.zara.net/photos//2013/V/0/3/p/3973/699/250/2/3973699250_2_2_3.jpg?timestamp=1365372000000 (http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-nam-S2013/372001/1049056/PACK+OF+2+PAIRS+OF+SPIDERMAN+BOXERS)

You notice she didn't say anything about him running around the house spinning webs. At least they aren't Superman undies because then he'd be digging in her stash looking for cape material.

MayinJerset
May 11th, 2013, 11:53 PM
You notice she didn't say anything about him running around the house spinning webs. At least they aren't Superman undies because then he'd be digging in her stash looking for cape material.

You gals are too much, LOL! DH's Spiderman undies are more sedate that the ones Sandy posted, no spiderwebs around the house but the day isn't over yet.