PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Threads. I DID IT!

mom4him
May 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I just place my first order of thread and fabric from them. I have ordered fabric on line only one other time and swore I would never do it again. It was from JoAnns and was flannel and it was major cheap/thin. Thus this took a lot of courage for me. LOL I have all the top fabric for my youngest son's mine craft quilt coming and backing fabric for a quilt for my only grand daughter. Now I have to wait. :icon_rolleyes:

Gayle8675309
May 10th, 2013, 10:35 PM
You'll be pleased with their fabric and thread. They are both good quality.

yeeehawterri
May 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM
I've always had good service from CT, I'm sure your wait won't be long! Love getting those packages!

mom4him
May 11th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks, Ladies. I really am excited now that I am over hitting send on the order. LOL

auntiemern
May 11th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I think you will be happy with anything you get from them :)

bubba
May 11th, 2013, 01:19 AM
They do have nice fabrics. They also have a yarn company as well as a company for tole painting. The yarns are absolutely beautiful and top quality and when I used to do decorative painting, they were one of the few places I would buy from. Of course, their warehouse is only about two hours from me, so that was always nice. Just scroll to the bottom of their page and you will find their other outlets.

mdenzine
May 11th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Received my order yesterday, was excited to see all the pretty threads

Bubby
May 11th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Everything will be okay! They are a very reliable company and they have nice products. I just ordered some batting and thread from them last night. I love their free shipping on orders of $35 or more.

Suzette
May 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I love dealing with Connecting Threads! Their customer service is top notch and I use their 100% cotton thread almost exclusively now. I've also bought some fabrics through them from time to time and one thing I really, really like is that they cut their pieces very generously. I have never found that anywhere else. :icon_bigsmile:

I think you'll be very happy with your purchase and your experience with them! :icon_bigsmile:

GrammaBabs
May 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I too am always happy with CT... i am a sucker for the clearance section.. and have had many "heavy" boxes come to the door,,, with the "free ship" over 35$... how can you go wrong? Never tried the thread,, i've been using up the "collected stuff" from over the years..and really like using using the big cones.. and a thread holder.. just me i guess... but i'm getting down there... so i may order on their next sale... oh, and PS... if anyone wants to know a wonderful piecing thread and almost no fail smooth stitching,, it's S0 FINE, by Superior Thread... worth every penny, although i do get a discount buying it when my BFF orders for her local LA business...
Have fun with your CT order.. let us know how you love it!! :) Happy Mother's Day

Cathy F
May 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I found CT fabric to be really nice, this was the first time I used them as part of the fabrics in my neice's baby quilt. Definetly check out their clearance section.

quilter.martha
May 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Just to clarify, free shipping with Connecting Threads starts at $50, not $35.

mom4him
May 11th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks again! I really am excited now to get it. Generous cuts, good costumer service, nice fabric, these are all very good reports. I did order one item from the clearance section. They had a violet check type fabric so I ordered 6 yrds for my grand daughter's quilt. With that I think I have enough fabrics to do hers. Excited about it.
I will definitely post when it comes. How long does it normally take for an order to come. I had a LOT of 1/4 and 1/2 yrd pieces so I feel sorry for whoever gets the job of cutting. LOL

madampolo
May 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I know what you mean about ordering on line. I just received an order I made with MSQC, and I don't like it at all. Ugly. Looked much better on line. It is best to see it in person.

dwil23
May 12th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I know what you mean about ordering on line. I just received an order I made with MSQC, and I don't like it at all. Ugly. Looked much better on line. It is best to see it in person.

You mean you just don't like the design, not that the fabric is low quality, right? It's funny, but so far everything I have ordered on line I like even better when I get it, but I can see how it could work the other way, too.

New York Sue
May 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM
The best part after ordering with them is that you'll now receive their catalog!
Chock full of ideas, and color ways! I've ordered with them a couple of times. Shipping is PROMPT, and I was pleased with the quality. I'm quite sure you will be, too!

Suzette
May 12th, 2013, 10:13 AM

I agree, sometimes fabric does look a bit different once we have it in our hands (regardless of which online store we purchase it from), and sometimes it goes the other way -- it's much prettier in person! :icon_bigsmile: And while you can't beat seeing and touching the fabric in person, for me, one huge upside to buying fabric online is the variety. My LQS is great, but when I want something very specific I'm usually out of luck there, but online I'm almost assured of finding it with enough patience and searching. :icon_bigsmile: