PDA

View Full Version : Who can guess...??

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Ok...I'm bored so I'm going to post a wee game! Who can guess what these are!?!

hint: I have waited FIVE YEARS for them (and remember I'm in Canada!)

bubba
May 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Pussy willows?

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM
good guess....but nope.

cyndiofthevortex
May 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
That was going to be my guess, too. Do I get a second guess or just one per customer?

mamaquilt
May 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
magnolia tree, or maybe mimosa flowers, but that's way too early

bubba
May 10th, 2013, 03:37 PM
My second guess was magnolias, I am at work and can't get the picture big enough to really look at it.

buckeyequilter
May 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here *haha* and because of the shape say a Paw Paw Tree.

Hulamoon
May 10th, 2013, 03:49 PM
.....Mulberry?

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 03:56 PM
NOPE! Guess as many times as you like! LOL! If you want the answer I'll give it though!

bkthomas
May 10th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Yes please! Do tell!!!

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 04:03 PM
WISTERIA!! FIVE YEARS I have been waiting for this thing to bloom!! I live in a climate that does support it but it can take they say between 2 and 5 years ...of course mine WOULD take the full five! It is my MOSTEST favourite bloomer...in Canada anyway...we don't have them like they do in South Carolina and other "tropical type" places.

buckeyequilter
May 10th, 2013, 04:09 PM
ummm....almond tree

bkthomas
May 10th, 2013, 04:09 PM
So is this outside your office or your home? That's gonna be beautiful!

buckeyequilter
May 10th, 2013, 04:12 PM
WISTERIA!! FIVE YEARS I have been waiting for this thing to bloom!! I live in a climate that does support it but it can take they say between 2 and 5 years ...of course mine WOULD take the full five! It is my MOSTEST favourite bloomer...in Canada anyway...we don't have them like they do in South Carolina and other "tropical type" places.

That will be beautiful :)

Hulamoon
May 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM
You got me going there. I was googling and saw wisteria but then I thought cherry blossom.

When I was in college I was in a biology class and we took a field trip to a place where the land changes by elevation. We would stop and get out of the bus and pick leaves, pinecones, flowers and have to figure out what they were. Dang hard class!

Now I spent my whole morning goggling Canadian plants. Thanks a lot! lol :)

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
LOL! The Wisteria is in my back yard. I'll take pics once my gardens are cleaned up and mulched and new plantings are done!

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Now I spent my whole morning goggling Canadian plants. Thanks a lot! lol :)

LOL! Well you're welcome! You got to see how few bloomers we can actually grow here! I do okay tho!

bubba
May 10th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Five years is nothing!!! When we bought our house, in 1987, my mother in law gave me two kiwi vines, one male and one female. Every year, my dad would call to see how many kiwi we got. Well, 20 years later, the year my dad died, we finally got four of them!!!! The next year doubled, then doubled again the following year. Now we get about 100 or so. The only bad part is you don't pick them till December and the weather is crappy! Don't know who will pick them this year since I will be in Hawaii! :D

Hulamoon
May 10th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Five years is nothing!!! When we bought our house, in 1987, my mother in law gave me two kiwi vines, one male and one female. Every year, my dad would call to see how many kiwi we got. Well, 20 years later, the year my dad died, we finally got four of them!!!! The next year doubled, then doubled again the following year. Now we get about 100 or so. The only bad part is you don't pick them till December and the weather is crappy! Don't know who will pick them this year since I will be in Hawaii! :D

Sorry about your dad:( When we went to New Zealand the Kiwis were every where. Since I used them in the pastry shop it was interesting to see how they grow. My stepdd called me the other day and said her vanilla bean plant was starting to show signs of beans. I bought an artichoke plant but it never made it.

What island are you going to Bubba?