PDA

View Full Version : Friday Greetings

Blondie
May 10th, 2013, 06:21 AM

Hello folksies!

Welcome to Friday. How fast the days, weeks, months seem to pass.

When I got home from work yesterday I promptly went to the basement to look for the old sewing machine that my cousin had gifted me with several years ago. She found it at a Goodwill in Tight Squeeze, Va (for anyone other than Allie K) that is a bump in the road between Danville and Lynchburg. So, it is a model 66 manufactured in 47. After losing track of time and space on the 'net looking up pertinent info, I was up and down the stairs so much, I know I got a good work out. LOL. A lap top with wifi would be so helpful. Then I pulled down another oldie from a shelf and got my sinuses in an uproar from the dust it had accumulated. It is also a singer from 1873. I had completely forgotten how pretty it is. Anyway, I am on a mission to get the old 66 in good working order. I don't think it will actually take much to do it.

I was so absorbed in the above quest that I literally forgot to cook dinner. Luscious and Mom had carry out.

Hoping for more sunshine today. Yesterday was fabulous; it was a shame to work inside.

Happy Weekend to everyone. See you Monday!

Blessings, prayers, hugs and SMILES to each one.

Mpyles
May 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Good morning...and good night all!!

Here is a picture of my beautiful graduate! We just rolled in from project graduation....that's a whole nother story... Headin out for some sleep...47043

Bubby
May 10th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Good Morning,

We survived a night of bad electrical storms. I think everything in the house is unplugged. I mowed for 4 hours again yesterday, but got my part done. Jeff finished his section after work last night.

Mary, congratulations on your daghter's graduation! She looks so happy!

Today I will clean house and make a quick run to the Dollar Store. No time for sewing today.

Wishing everyone a great Friday going into the weekend.

Monique
May 10th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning friends. I am sooooo tired this morning. I could have slept longer that's for sure. This is my last full day of work. I work tomorrow until noon and then time for a little break. There is a quilt show in Ottawa this weekend that I would like to attend. We will see. I think at lunch time today I will go for groceries.

I did manage to get a little quilting time in.

Have a wonderful day friends.

MRoy
May 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning! I took a couple of hours off work yesterday afternoon and enjoyed the pretty weather. I did my good deed for the day by mowing our farmhand's lawn. Our older mower that he uses is broken so I did his mowing. I started getting my memorial day flower arrangements yesterday too. I still have three more to go. Memorial Day will be here before we know it!

TGIF and Happy Weekend everyone!

CrazyMtnLady
May 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Good morning all. Looks like a pretty nice day out there today. Although they are calling for a thunderstorm around noon.

DH said he got the trailer on to higher ground. He had to unload most of the stuff he had in it to lighten the load, but it is out enough for him to re-load and come home today. I really expect him within the next hour or so. We were laughing and saying how much we missed each other but how as soon as he has been home for a day we will be wishing he could go off for a few more days.....LOL...I told him if he came home and made a mess of the house I was going to kick him in the butt.! I know the dogs will be so glad to see him. TarButt has been laying either on the floor by the front door or on the love seat watching the door. As soon as they hear the truck coming up the road they will both start barking and howling to be let out. But I don't let them out until the truck comes to a complete stop. And that is a lot of barking since they can hear him coming for at least a 1/4 mile or more away.

I did get my table/sewing area cleared off yesterday afternoon. But by the time I had it done I was to pooped to sew. :( I am going to get a cow prod and zap myself into finishing my projects.

I know today will be a non-productive day. DH will crash when he gets home, I sure he has not been sleeping. So I will not get anything done, being such a small home whatever you do in one room someone can hear in the next.

have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Hello folks! Finished my second day in the bridal shop, it was a 7 hour stint, and I usually don't sew that long in a stretch! I usually get more done, too, but this is all new to me, working with these types of garments and fabrics! Cotton is forgiving! Chiffon is not!

I went to the last performance of the St. Louis Symphony's season, it was done in conjunction with the Symphony Chorus. That is always a rouser! Beethoven's 9th "Ode To joy" in all it's glory! Even though I was tired, I managed to stay awake for the whole performance, though in my opinion, Beethoven takes his own sweet time to get to the rousing part, it is over an hour long and the chorus sings for the last 15 minutes! But what do I know?

Working one more day today with my mentor, hope to feel more comfortable about what to do before she leaves! Then a busy weekend with the grandkids, going to see two shows tonight and tomorrow, and fix a Mother's Day dinner for the family Sunday. Heck, that is the only way I'll get to see them on Mother's Day! I've tried waiting for an invite from them for years, that hasn't worked. I must not have raised my kids right. Although the son paid for my DisneyWorld vacation, said it would make up for all the birthdays and Mother's Days he has forgotten. I'll take that! It's better than nothing!

Have a great day, all. I saw Jenny's new tut, I love that and want to experiment this morning with some honeybuns I bought and didn't know exactly what to do with them. And I have plenty of charm packs that I can use! I'll show you my experimental results!

MayinJerset
May 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Congrats to the lovely Grad, she looks so happy.

Yesterday afternoon DH found a big box by our front door, it was a beautiful miniature rose bush from our granddaughter Mary and her fiance Harold who live in California. Lovely pink buds all over just ready to open for Mother's Day.

Contractor was a no show yesterday because it was raining but today the sun is shining so he can take out the windows as planned. Only replacing 2 of them and having the walls of the other 2 closed up, I'll finally have a place to hang something larger than a wall hanging.

Pillowcase Sew In tomorrow from 9am - 2pm but I'll skip out around noon, my co-chair will finish up and close up the building. I really would like to skip the sew in as I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something. Headache all night long and that is really odd for me as I hardly ever get headaches. I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. Hate to be sick when it is so beautiful out.

buckeyequilter
May 10th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Have a wonderful day!

Prayers & hugs

Jean Sewing Machine
May 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM

Here is a picture of my beautiful graduate! We just rolled in from project graduation....that's a whole nother story... Headin out for some sleep...47043Congratulations to her on her outstanding achievement!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM

Have a wonderful day!

Prayers & hugs
Not licked, thanks for asking!

Did Donna's dog pose for this poster?

dwil23
May 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Good Morning !

Blondie your picture makes me think of some of the things my poor kitties have been put through over the years. How I wish I had grab my camera before rescuing them from their predicaments.

Got some cutting to do this morning, then will try to get a little sleep. Got relatively good news on DD car - not near as bad as I expected - Thank you, Lord!

Everyone have a blessed day!

EnumclawGramma
May 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM

Good Morning! I am at about the 2nd line on this cup so this is going to be short! More sun today, rain by Sunday. The lady that had the quilter's estate sale a few weeks back is doing it again tomorrow and she and I have been in contact a bunch! She's expecting me bright and early in the morning.....hoping I make another lovely haul of wonderful fabric. I'll post pics when I get home. Life is beginning to feel a bit more normal around here from the loss of our sweet dog, takes time. I hope everyone has a great Friday, hugs and prayers to all who want/need.....

CountryHut
May 10th, 2013, 10:01 AM
G'morning Dear ones

hubby has been home for the last few days - while he was working on my hot tub -- of course the fur babies were in and out of the fenced area of the hot tub -- my Sizzy - when she goes up steps - she kinds of glide up the steps - well . . L*~ . . she went gliding up the steps to the hot tub and SLASH in the hot tub she went -- *dang*~ . . I missed the kodak moment . . so she was swimming to the side . . the hubby said - the look on her face was like . . what the H*ll happened .. LOL*~ . . .
well as it turns out -- had to order another top for the hot tub -- that should last another 10 years or so . .by then I might be too old to think about a hot tub . . *ugh*~ . . .
the last 2 days I've spent researching another embroidery machine . . the ce250 singer I have continues to go out of timing . .*grrrr*~ . . for the time and the money having to ship to Atlanta GA + the cost of repair
. . I'll just buy a new one . . so my new toy will be here early next week . .
-- after I do some paperwork for my sales so far this year -- guess I will be cleaning up new area for the new toy :)

well of we go -- time for a bit of breakfast

ya'll - "Make it" a good day

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Morning all! Blondie, sounds like you had fun with those machines! Will be fun to see them up and running I'm sure! Mary, your daughter looks so happy! Is that her sister in the background? What a great day for you all. Myrna, I swear, I don't know another person alive who mows more grass than you do! You must really enjoy it! Our lawn is the size of a postage stamp (my yard is mostly gardens) but do you THINK I can get ANYONE to mow it? Maybe it's because of the doggy landmines?! yuk!!

I am almost done the Minecraft Quilt...half way through the binding and hope to finish it up tonight and get it washed...the cat has been enjoying it and you can hardly tell it's supposed to be green there's so much cat hair on it! Yuk again! Tell me...why do I have pets!??! Man they're a lot of work! This has been a BRUTALLY long week...boring, boring, boring!! I have a meeting at 11 which is also going to be BORING! THEN and entire weekend of rain. ugh. I might just be pulling weeds and spreading mulch in the rain! Best time to do it but so messy! LOL!

Have a fantabulous day all!!

Sandy Navas
May 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Celebrating Agnes' second birthday today. What a hoot.

Finishing up the bag project I started yesterday. It has turned out to be a real bugger.

Headache - feels very caffeine induced - unusual for me.

Cloudy and overcast - dreary weather truly gets me down - may be contributing to that headache instead of the caffeine.

Hugs, warm wishes, prayers. Special prayer for someone across the ocean to my East!!! You know who it goes to!!

Mary Ruth
May 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Good morning, everyone. Blondie, I know where Tight Squeeze, VA, is located. Can you believe it? It's true. I lived in extreme NE Tennessee for 10 years.

Mpyles
May 10th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Morning all! Blondie, sounds like you had fun with those machines! Will be fun to see them up and running I'm sure! Mary, your daughter looks so happy! Is that her sister in the background? What a great day for you all. Myrna, I swear, I don't know another person alive who mows more grass than you do! You must really enjoy it! Our lawn is the size of a postage stamp (my yard is mostly gardens) but do you THINK I can get ANYONE to mow it? Maybe it's because of the doggy landmines?! yuk!!

Have a fantabulous day all!!

Haha Wendy! Nope photo bomber!

shannonsaulter
May 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM

Here is a picture of my beautiful graduate! We just rolled in from project graduation....that's a whole nother story... Headin out for some sleep...47043

CONGRATS!!!!! to the grad!
Happy Friday!
its not my Friday but that's ok!
working on my table runner and pulled out my go baby and finally used it!
Hope everyone has a great day!