PDA

View Full Version : Jenny's New Koala Studio

Carolyn23
May 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm sure this is fairly new. I'm looking into getting a Koala sewing cabinet so I'm on this website every week and just now noticed this. You go Jenny girl!

http://mykoalastudio.com/sewlebrity-studios/jenny-doan/comment-page-1/#comment-1799

Iris Girl
May 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I just toured her new studio online its really beautiful. I would love a koala studio but don;t have any room in my 14 x 6 area. My friend has a koala studio and its soooo nice

Aprilisslowlylearntoquilt
May 9th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I saw her studio, and i was drooling..

mom4him
May 9th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Am I missing something? $1400 for just a drawer set? It looks nice but goodness. At this point in live I think I will be sticking with my simple desk my husband made me with plastic drawers underneath. I don't mean to rain on anyone's party but to spend that much on cabinetry just seems really out there for me.

buckeyequilter
May 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Am I missing something? $1400 for just a drawer set? It looks nice but goodness. At this point in live I think I will be sticking with my simple desk my husband made me with plastic drawers underneath. I don't mean to rain on anyone's party but to spend that much on cabinetry just seems really out there for me.

Companies such as Koala do this for the advertising and since M* is so popular, along with Nancy Zieman and Eleanor Burns, what better way to get out there.

It is a beautiful studio!!!

kensington
May 9th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I just want that cabinet that holds the machine and it has a remote. I like the added deck space for my quilts when I am sewing. I have two large islands, but I don't use them for sewing, I use them for cutting and designing.

mom4him
May 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Companies such as Koala do this for the advertising and since M* is so popular, along with Nancy Zieman and Eleanor Burns, what better way to get out there.

It is a beautiful studio!!!

I apologize, Shirley. My post really was rude! Thank you for such a kind reply. We have been so stretched financially now for so long that when I look at some of the prices on this stuff it shocks me. Who am I to speak out on how someone else chooses to spend their hard earned dollars though.
I hope you will all forgive me.

buckeyequilter
May 9th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I just want that cabinet that holds the machine and it has a remote. I like the added deck space for my quilts when I am sewing. I have two large islands, but I don't use them for sewing, I use them for cutting and designing.

So do I - that would just be so cool.

buckeyequilter
May 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM
I apologize, Shirley. My post really was rude! Thank you for such a kind reply. We have been so stretched financially now for so long that when I look at some of the prices on this stuff it shocks me. Who am I to speak out on how someone else chooses to spend their hard earned dollars though.

No apology necessary. I couldn't afford $1400 for a set of drawers either (nor would I pay that for them). I am happy with what I have - at least I have my own sewing space. If I had something like that I would be afraid to use it for fear that I'd put a scratch on it...and where's the fun in that.

K. McEuen
May 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
The place I bought my sewing machine sells oak sewing cabinets that some guy makes. They are gorgeous. Believe me, if I had the disposable income, I'd spend it on one. But considering I'm just an everyday person, it's a bit out of my reach, or at least my mind's reach. I find it hard to justify some of the thing I want sometime.

auntiemern
May 9th, 2013, 07:42 PM
They are very nice, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money on them either. Way more important things in my life to spend that kinda cash on.

Mary Ruth
May 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I absolutely love the studio. Jenny, on the other hand, needs the furniture for her business and videos. She's earned it many times over. Just think of all she gives to us free with her tuts and advise. I'm so happy for you, Jenny!!

I would love to have a studio just like this but I'm 70 years old. I barely know how to piece and not too well. No one else in my family sews so there is no one to enjoy it when I no longer need it.

Bottom line - - YEaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Jenny!!!!!

Jen7
May 9th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I take great joy in sharing in someone else's good fortune; Especially someone as deserving as Jenny, you go girl!

KatiesQuiltingCorner
May 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
The studio is beautiful! If I ever win the lottery that would be great. For now I make do with my mix of thrifted and "assemble it yourself" furniture.

Hoping to make a trip out to The Container Store to scope out a new sewing chair.

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM

I don't think you should apologize at all. I find the price of sewing furniture incredibly insulting. In most cases furniture like this is not even real wood! While I think Jenny's studio is amazing, and if I ever won the lottery I'd surely buy it, but at the prices they charge, it is NEVER happening. I can build that myself for 10% of what they charge.

However, I don't begrudge Jenny her new studio at all! Can't think of anyone more deserving!