PDA

View Full Version : Grandson is on his Way !

Jackiejs
May 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I'm so excited. Call from daughter early this morning that she's in labor.
She's in Montana and I'm in California. I bought airline ticket to fly out on the 15th as she wasn't due until the 22nd.
Just can't make it out today. The airlines wants 600 more $$. ugh !! and I haven't got my ticket to come home yet.

She is doing fine, dilalated to 4 cm. Had an epidural. Thank goodness her husband is home this week, as he is in the Air Force and is gone alot. He is going to leave the phone on when it's time so I can hear.
Thanks for listening, I just had to talk to someone.
I made him his hospital quilt to come home in, but now guess he has to use it later.

Grandma needs a nap already.!!

grandma of 6
May 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I'm so excited for you. Is this your first? My 7th grandchild was born on Sunday, May 5th.

Go quilt something fun to keep relaxed. It could be a long day :-)

laf512
May 9th, 2013, 11:52 AM
How exciting!! Sorry you can't be there for the big day though.

sewbizzy
May 9th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Excited for you....grandchildren are what makes it all worthwhile!!!
I can't wait to hear your news!

Eileen83flowers
May 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
How exciting for you.
My daughter had her 1st baby last July and she lives 120 miles away from me so I was kept in touch by phone. I actually think I had the baby for her !!!
Its such a joy having Grandchildren, My Dad used to tell me that Grandparents are for ruining and Parents are for ruling, I have to say I totally agree with that !
Hope you don't have too long to wait for the arrival

WendyI
May 9th, 2013, 12:16 PM
How very exciting for you!! Such a shame you can't be there...I know how difficult that is. Waiting is hard!

shannonsaulter
May 9th, 2013, 12:22 PM
How exciting..to bad the airlines don't work with people...bit grams will be there soon...

Jackiejs
May 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks you guys. No not my first grandbaby, but she is my baby girl. She so wanted me there, that was the first thing she said when she told us she was pregnant. She's stuck on 4 cm.. it well be a long day.

Jackiejs
May 9th, 2013, 12:40 PM
How exciting for you.
My daughter had her 1st baby last July and she lives 120 miles away from me so I was kept in touch by phone. I actually think I had the baby for her !!!
Its such a joy having Grandchildren, My Dad used to tell me that Grandparents are for ruining and Parents are for ruling, I have to say I totally agree with that !
Hope you don't have too long to wait for the arrival

I love what your dad said.. I'll have to remember that. That would be great on a tee..

Jackiejs
May 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I'm so excited for you. Is this your first? My 7th grandchild was born on Sunday, May 5th.

Go quilt something fun to keep relaxed. It could be a long day :-)

Congraulations on your new one too. I would love to go quilt, but I put everything away yesterday getting ready to leave on the 15th.

auntiemern
May 10th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Congrats on the new grand baby. They are truly a joy. I was there for the birth of both of my GD's. Cut the cord on the first one. Would have been in for GS too, but his dad didn't want me in the room. But was right outside the door. Have a wonderful granny visit when you get to be there.

Jackiejs
May 10th, 2013, 10:35 AM
47057What a long day !! Yes I couldn't be there for the birth, but they had the phone on and it was really hard listening to my daughter in pain. I'm not sure if I could have made it though that. My two other daughters both had c-sections, so couldn't be there.
Boy he came out screaming, what a relief that was.
He's perfect and mama is doing great.
Thanks for letting me share !!

buckeyequilter
May 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Congratulations!!! What a cutie :)

WendyI
May 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
awwwwww!!! LOOKIT HIM!!!

New York Sue
May 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
CONGRATS, Jackie!
It's ALWAYS a good thing when they come out screaming!
BEAUTIFUL.

lilmouse
May 10th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Congratulations....yes it is hard when your kids are in pain...even for the birth of a child...still hard to deal with.

csarina
May 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Congratulations Grandma. I well remember my eldest daughter giving birth to my first grandchild 29 years ago next Friday (17th May).

Today is my youngest daughters 45th birthday........she was actually born on a Friday too.

Bubby
May 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Congratulations! What a beautiful newborn!!!

ilive2craft2
May 10th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Congrats Grandma! Give him lots of love and snuggles. He sure is a cutie!

bakermom
May 10th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Best wishes to all your family !

sewbizzy
May 10th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Congratulations to you on your new grandson....I know you can't wait until you see him...Hugs and Blessings to you all!!!

nana margaret
May 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Many, many congratulations to you and your family, well done mummy and baby!

Madeforyouinma11
May 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Jackiejs
May 10th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments and well wishes. I can't wait to get there on Wednesday and see and hold him and hug my daughter and son in law. Maybe me not being there from the very start was a good thing. See, the newnest well be worn off and I'll get to love on him more. (just a thought) lol

Sandy Navas
May 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Congratulations. Enjoy your special snuggles, hugs and get lots of loving!

MayinJerset
May 11th, 2013, 11:12 AM
So glad your grandson has been born and that you will soon be holding him in person. Oh how tiny they are when first born.

Ah, Grandkids are such a joy. Our 2nd great grand child is due next week, no idea if it is a boy or girl so the wait seems even longer.

MRoy
May 11th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Congratulations! When you get there, mama will be ready for you to help her with this precious little boy and you can have lots of snuggle time with him while you let her rest.

Iris Girl
May 11th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Congratulations! what a cutie!!

mamaquilt
May 11th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Congratulations to the whole family, especially the grandmother. Take good care of the little one and have a safe journey.

Ginny B
May 11th, 2013, 09:56 PM
How precious. Congratulations grandma. Have a safe trip Jackie and enjoy all those special hugs and snuggles.

Ginny B

auntiemern
May 12th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Congrats on the new grand son. He sure is a cutie.