PDA

View Full Version : Falling Charms jellyroll

Lgrande
May 9th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I have the Petals charm packs for this quilt and now I'm trying to find the right 'white' for the squares.
So many sources are sold out. Can anyone tell me which jellyroll was used in the original tutorial that Jenny made?
And, is there another jellyroll that goes with these charms?
Thanks, I'm stuck right now!

Linda

Jean Sewing Machine
May 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM
47002Here's what I have found, Robert Kaufmann Kona white is the most white, like a blue white, then Bella solid white is a little less bright white, then Bella solids porcelain is a grey white, snow is a yellow creamy white. Will that help? I don't know what your charm pack looks like, can't find that name on the quilt shop list.

HdWench
May 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Oh I knew Jean had taken a photo of what she's been through trying to find something -- So glad you came over here lgrande!!!

Such helpful folks here :-) Thank you Jean!!

Debbie HdWench on both forums (gee and Debbie on both too)

dwil23
May 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM
That's a great side by side comparison. Amazing how many "colors" of white there are.

Lgrande
May 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks for posting everyone. And, Jean, your comparison photo is great. I ended up with the Bella Solid White and it's a pretty good match. My first selection was the Bella "Snow", thinking that Snow meant white. What a surprise to find out it is a beige!
My charm packs are the ones Jenny used in her tutorial, called Free Spirit Petal.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 22nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks for posting everyone. And, Jean, your comparison photo is great. I ended up with the Bella Solid White and it's a pretty good match. My first selection was the Bella "Snow", thinking that Snow meant white. What a surprise to find out it is a beige!
My charm packs are the ones Jenny used in her tutorial, called Free Spirit Petal.Robert Kaufman has a Snow also, it was on DD this past week, but I was too slow in ordering and missed it before it sold out. My guess is it will be less yellow and more creamy than the Bella Solid Snow. Need to be on the lookout for it when it comes back in stock.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 22nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
After going through what I had to go through to gather these jelly rolls, now I'm afraid to unroll them and use them! I had to get them from quite a few different sources! Seems everyone was out of them!

Just be aware that Kona ( Robert Kaufman) and Bella ( Moda) are NOT the same and are not interchangable within the same quilt. If you are going to use Bella jelly rolls and you need to use a charm or layer cake in the same color from the same manufacturer to match up! Same with Kona by Kaufman. They are a slightly different texture also. Ask me how I know that!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
My charm packs are the ones Jenny used in her tutorial, called Free Spirit Petal.
I just found the fabric line, it is really pretty! Looks like the Bella Solid white is a very good choice!

kensington
May 22nd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Robert Kaufman has a Snow also, it was on DD this past week, but I was too slow in ordering and missed it before it sold out. My guess is it will be less yellow and more creamy than the Bella Solid Snow. Need to be on the lookout for it when it comes back in stock.

Robert Kaufman "Snow" is what I used in my falling charms quilt and it was perfect. I also used it in my pinwheel quilt with the Modern Vintage Layer Cake and it was a perfect match.

I also used it in my son's Sashed 9P Wedding quilt and I loved it.