PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, my Monday

Blondie
May 9th, 2013, 06:55 AM

Hello Folksies and a wonderful Thursday it is gonna be. I say that with as much gusto and enthusiasm as I can possibly express!!!

I am looking forward to some sun perhaps tomorrow? It actually feels more like early March here with the chill and rain. Yesterday Sis and I finally made it to DD's. I didn't stay long enough to be able to scrap book. Mom decided to stay home because a friend was coming over to visit. You know how it goes - the best laid plans, etc. I have learned over the years to go with the flow, haven't you?

Running way late this morning, hope that everyone has a day where you can find something to smile about! If you smile, you are halfway to a laugh. If you can laugh, hope it is a belly laugh.

Blessings, prayers

Blondie

Monique
May 9th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning everyone. Just another work day here. I got a call yesterday to work at another post office next week, just for a day. Works for me. I can quilt there at lunch time. I will be sad to be done on Saturday but will enjoy having the time off.

We did get a little rain last night. We sure do need it.

Well that is it for today. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
May 9th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Good Morning,

We worked in the yard most of the day yesterday, but got stopped by the rain in the late afternoon. We have all our tomatoes, peppers and zucchini planted. We also planted four tubs of flowers and a large hibiscus and some portulacas (rose moss). Those were my Grandmas's favorite old-fashioned flowers. We mowed the yards in town and got most of or yard done before the rain.
We were tired pups last night!

It's supposed to storm today. i can already hear a little thunder and jeff says it's lightning pretty bad, so I need to get off here. If possible I want to make a quick trip to WalMart today.

Wishing everyone a good day! I'm smiling, Blondie...not quite to the belly laugh yet!!!

Hugs, barb

patchiereggie
May 9th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Hi All,
it's a public holiday in Germany, I just enjoyed my coffee, with some tutorials and birds chirping in the background. I am practicing some quilting designs on paper, which is trickier than one might think, but you all know what I am talking about. So some more of that and then of to the seam ripper, because I have to ripp out some quilting out of a quilt for my mother. And then I will give it a little more attention then I did before, so my mother will have a beautiful quilt, I am still hoping to finish this by tomorrow, so I can send it out to be delivered on time for mothers day. I am thinking of my lovely forum people and will enjoy this lovely day without office work in good spirits. I wish all of you a nice day and when things go wrong, or you are a little sad, read Blondie's thread, it always helps me to cheer up. Thanks again to Blondie

dwil23
May 9th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Good Morning all!

Yes, I sure do know about those best laid plans... Oh well, like you said, go with the flow.

I have to say we have had the best streak of weather I can remember in a long time. It has been perfect! I made the statement to my DD yesterday about "if only it would stay this way". She wisely pointed out that if it stayed this way year round, everyone would move here and we would have to leave. Yeah, guess that is right.

Yesterday was a loss for quilting purposes. Got the car towed to the mechanic, but haven't heard what they found. Took a nap ( I worked Tuesday night) and woke to the smell of fire. Seems DD had a lit a candle in the kitchen and it was too close to a cardboard box that other DD deposited there. It contained a variety of things, not the least of which was finger nail polish remover! Anyway, DD managed to get enough water on it to put it out without any major damage or explosions. The box was a total loss, however.;)
Will I ever have an uneventful day?

Got to take oldest DD to work, stop at a couple of stores and my quilting buddy's house, come home and get a little rest before going back to work tonight.

Everyone have a blessed day.

Mpyles
May 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning all!!

Blondie ...I chuckle at running late when you are up before dawn! Monique...I would be soooo excited at at my last week of work!!

It was a busy day yesterday! Alex had her scholarship and awards ceremony. She will graduate with top honors ....summa cum laude! We are very proud of her and how hard she worked thru high school. She received a George Washington Carver excellence in education award as well as a college prepatory award. Her class was a very bright class with 3 validictorians and 1 salutatorian. Alex graduates 8th in her class with a 3.95. Her school does not take into consideration college level classes, so they don't weight the gpa. She found it frustrating and complained of it often and starting next year they will start weighting the college level classes versus high school. Seems she had a few in her class that purposely did not take the college level classes in order to keep their gpa at a higher level. Oh well..we are extremely proud of her, she did this on her own, I did not have to prod her thru high school in fact I don't believe I ever had to tell her to do her homework in school ever! Now....housework...that's a whole different story!!! She plans to attend Missouri State-West Plains in the fall. Exciting time in her life!! Me? Trying not to become depressed......whaaaaa!

Tonight is graduation and then our big night of fun! Lots to do today to get ready, load things into Springfield and work on some things for her party on Saturday....maybe squeeze a nap in...

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

MRoy
May 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning! I got the grass cut here yesterday after work. After all the rain, the grass is thicker than usual and grows sooo fast! I put a small tv and dvd player in the sewing studio. I was going to hook them up last night, but my tv is older and doesn't have video/audio plug-ins so now I need to try a short coaxial cable. It seems like every step I take results in two more steps needed.

The sunshine is bright this morning...but there's more rain forecasted for later. I'm so tired of rain! I hope everyone has a great day!

buckeyequilter
May 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM

Have a wonderful day...and here's a hug for you!

CrazyMtnLady
May 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Wonderful morning to all. We have storms coming in this morning so I won't be working outside today. But I have enough to do inside to keep me busy. I think today I will finally get to my sewing area and see if I can get to my sewing machine.

Love the turtle picture.

DH is not a happy camper. It is raining again and is suppose to rain tomorrow too. He said he is on his last pair of jeans and almost out of shirts and socks. Poor guy...was suppose to come home tomorrow but he is not sure now when he will be able to get out. They are camped in a little valley and the road out is pretty steep and muddy. He wants to come home so bad...he misses me..poor baby!

Yesterday I worked outside and got the area cleared and mowed for our new smoker a friend from Texas made for us out of big air tanks and diamond plate metal. It is huge. He brought it to the rendezvous and they have been using it to cook on. He is going to bring it here after the rendezvous and drop it off. I can't wait to cook on it. I love cooking outdoors and I love using a smoker. As soon as I know when they are going to be able to get out and be here I am going to get a turkey out of the freezer so I can smoke it. Yum.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
May 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Had a nice lunch yesterday with best quilting friend Elaine although neither of us have done much quilting lately. We discussed colors to paint our walls mostly as well as catching up with all our doings since we last met. Lunch was in a small old church that was converted into a restaurant, very interesting rooms with stained glass windows but the food and service were kind of blah. Guess that is why this photo appealed to me this morning when I was looking for something to post here. It is the famous hot pastrami sandwich from The Hat in Irvine, CA. That is where we've had lunch with DS#3 a few times when we visited, he works nearby. Thier french fries are served in a big brown bag and are delicious. 47000

Sandy Navas
May 9th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I'm headed to Donna's place! SMOKED turkey - YUMMY!!

I did check the weather map this morning and while it is raining and drizzly here it looks much worse south of me. Good day for staying in and enjoying our fabric scraps. Finally finished all the bags that DD wanted for her friend (think I made a dozen or so), and have one more tote that she wants for a knitting friend and then I'm back to my own devices. Two major projects - my wonky houses and a patriotic for our quilt guild charity - I need more time in the day.

So, off here and on to special things in my sewing room - I'm designing a new knitting bag (see above) and today will be a trial to see if my idea works well.

Special prayers where needed - seems my list keeps getting longer and longer - it is a joy when I hear that they are helping (special prayers going out to someone in Europe). Hugs and warm wishes to everyone!

WendyI
May 9th, 2013, 12:10 PM
MORNING EVERYONE! Donna...I need a pic of that there smoker! My DH SO wants one but they're so expensive...if I tell him he can weld his own he'll be pretty stoked about that. lol.

It's been quite an exciting week for me. I am absolutely heading to San Jose in July! Only for 6 days but I can hardly wait! Just me and Liam going and just me coming back. Liam will fly back at the end of the month with his "cousin" and a friend of the family. SO many exciting things this summer!

I just had a look at doing some camping trips down to the US but could be tricky with our dogs so not sure that will happen this year.

Had my hair done yesterday which is always fun! I LOVE my hair dresser! But she's bought herself a trailer park about two hours away from me...took me a while to wrap my head around that one! LOL! So I'll be needing a new hair dresser soon.

Have the binding half sewn on the Minecraft quilt but have been procrastinating finishing it off...I really need that binding tool!! But the weather is supposed to turn this week, rain tonight, so may just get that done.

Hope you all have a great day!

bakermom
May 9th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Getting ready to head out for lunch with DIL. Spent a bit of time with DD and her family last night (did get in a bit of baby time) and played dinosaur with GS, too. I have a quilt on hold yet because I want to make GD a couple dresses for summer. I don't enjoy garment sewing like i used to-but i do enjoy sewing for the grandkids.
I really should be planting the rest of my flowers since it rained last night and the ground is soft, however it can wait till this evening. Girls day out!!

shannonsaulter
May 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Hi all AMD GM work work for me..did manage to get my table runner sandwiched and pinned..today will be long AMD I am in a lot of pain..where is menopause..I'll take hot flashes over these cramps anyday..I can barely walk and have to work..uhhh...well got my coffee and waiting for meds to kick in..Hope everyone has a great day.

aliaslaceygreen
May 10th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Good evening! We are in NOLA... I waved, Lonna, as we headed over the bridge! We are camped out in the hotel now... tootsies are tired, and we need to veg...we are having a blast!

I found the most fabulous quilt shop today in Pensacola...in a pharmacy! Wow, looks can be deceiving....

Just stopping in, I hope everyone is behaving!
Hugs