PDA

View Full Version : Darned cat

Hulamoon
May 9th, 2013, 03:39 AM
I don't know what it is with me and animals. I woke up from a short nap. Walked around the couch and there was a dead bird. So now I have Sandy's chicken feathers and this poor little bird's feathers.

I feel like I'm getting messages to work on a farm or a zoo or something.

Evilynn
May 9th, 2013, 03:46 AM
I am sorry about the dead bird :( My Shaco only hunts rats and mice. And he leaves them outdoors. Thankfully!

mom4him
May 9th, 2013, 09:19 AM
We used to have a dog that brought me gifts ALL the time. The only think is many times the bird wasn't totally dead, just well on the way. Once the goofy dog brought the bird to my bed and put it down. The poor thing flopped under the bed. UGH! This momma was not a happy camper.

madampolo
May 9th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Your post made me laugh. We just found a dead bird in our front yard. It was a blue bird, and I haven't ever seen a blue bird around here. We have tons of Cardinals and Sparrows. One time I was at my computer in the kitchen when I heard a "squeak, squeak". I looked to my left, and one of our cats had a mouse in its mouth! It was alive and kicking. Needless to say, I picked up the cat and dumped it outside. I think it brought it in, but it may have found it in the house, which is disconcerting. Not as disconcerting, however, as the baby Copperhead snake we found behind the toilet!

Quiltlover
May 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Eww, at least the copperhead was a baby. Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
May 9th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Luckily my cats have not brought any critters into the house yet, they have left them on the deck in front of the door though. They have brought everything from mice, moles, birds and rabbits...One killed a snake once but I was lucky and I just saw it walking around the yard with it and it didn't bring it to me.
It is an instinct for them to bring "food" to the "family".

laf512
May 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Ewww! That makes me thankful our cat is an indoor only kitty!

shannonsaulter
May 9th, 2013, 12:19 PM
My one Bassett only chases moths and flies..lol its funny to see

calicokat
May 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Sorry about the bird!

We had a cat bring a baby bunny in the house when I was a kid. It was still alive and kitty took it over to "the other side of the basement" - a no man's land of storage and mess. Bunny was loose there for a week or two before we could finally catch it, LOL! Of course we kids were lobbying for "let's have a pet rabbit Mom!"

Hulamoon
May 9th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Sorry about the bird!

We had a cat bring a baby bunny in the house when I was a kid. It was still alive and kitty took it over to "the other side of the basement" - a no man's land of storage and mess. Bunny was loose there for a week or two before we could finally catch it, LOL! Of course we kids were lobbying for "let's have a pet rabbit Mom!"

Did you get to keep it? We had bunnies. They got lose and multiplied (the pet shop said they were both girls) and animal control had to come to our street to collect them all. lol

I was really surprised at the bird he caught. They are super small and quick. They land on big blades of tall grass. That's how small they are. Sneaky cat.