PDA

View Full Version : Pinwheel quilt?

kensington
May 8th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Soooo... I have all my blocks for a big pinwheel quilt made. I made a few extra too. LOL. I used the Vintage Modern Layer Cake... I did not use charms. I made BIG Pinwheels, and I love them! Here's the thing, The magazine called for white or cream sashing, and my white in my block is Robert Kaufman Snow... I think for my sashing I want to use another color... Pale yellow? Or green? Not sure. It's a very Summer quilt. The layer cake had more reds and teals, and since the blocks are big, my white is pretty big too... would you stay with the white? Or go with a subdued color in the fabric line? I will be using a print in the line for my border... it's just the sashing I am trying to see in my minds eye. :icon_hi:

kensington
May 8th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I think I got it! Whew... sometimes all it takes is to take a look from the outside in to gain your perspective back!

I wish I did not have to order my fabrics for my sashing and borders. I could finish this quilt by the end of the week! ... Oh well. :icon_neutral:

K. McEuen
May 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
(we'll all just stand here while Kensington talks to herself)

bubba
May 8th, 2013, 08:22 PM

I may have actually snorted!!

Doloris
May 8th, 2013, 08:30 PM
:icon_whistle::icon_whistle::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Hulamoon
May 8th, 2013, 08:49 PM
lol Sometimes that's the only person you have around is yourself.

MRoy
May 9th, 2013, 12:20 AM
ROFLOL!! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

bkthomas
May 9th, 2013, 12:24 AM
LOL!!!! Poor kensington!

ilive2craft2
May 9th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I may have actually snorted!! I did snort! LOL

Kensington, what did you end up choosing for the sashing?

New York Sue
May 9th, 2013, 01:05 AM
I need a pic, chica.
I'm VISUAL!
And more than 9 minutes to respond, before you reach a decision!
LOL

kensington
May 9th, 2013, 01:44 AM
I did snort! LOL

Kensington, what did you end up choosing for the sashing?

I know, I was talking to myself really fast! Ha!

If you are familiar with the Vintage Modern line, it has a grey that has the cream scroll in it... I think I am going to order that. And the floral with the grey background for the border.

I just thought it's a queen size and my pinwheels are the vintage modern w/white. So It just seemed so much white. I think the pale grey w/white sashing and floral border will be nice.

Pics of the pinwheels or the sashing and border fabrics? UGH... I did not take pics of my blocks before picking them all up again.

kensington
May 9th, 2013, 01:45 AM

Well, you know how it is when you want expert advice!! :lol: