PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Virginia, there is a Friday. February 11

Blondie
February 11th, 2011, 08:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/05fri.gifGood Morning Ladies
It is now Friday morning, I have been up quite a while; Some mornings there just isn't enough coffee in the world the keep my peepers open. I slept hard last night. Wow.

It's my long day at work. But I have one of my very bestest bud's as my final client of the day. That makes it worth it. I will be counting down the hours until I see my sweet Brendie. Have you ever had a friend that just stuck in your heart as soon as you laid your peepers on them? That's me and my Brendie. We are very different but very much alike. We love to laugh. We love the Lord. And we love to gather junk.

I thought I would share with those who may remember me mentioning several months ago that I would have one of my gourdhead dolls in a magazine this spring. I received my two issues in the mail last evening. Yay. It is Create and Decorate Magazine, Spring 2011 issue.
Here is what my dolly looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/vp/cd.jpg
She is quite the looker, don't you agree? Actually, she really favors one of the gals that frequents the salon I work at. Most of my doll inadvertedly resemble a family member or acquaintence. It is always a surprise to me who will end up as a face on one of my gourds.

Off to the shower. Have a great day.

Dragonfly
February 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Good morning Blondie, I love the doll, she is adorable and you are obviously very talented, well done and congratulations on the magazine.

Enjoy your day I'm about to go to bed, :icon_happy: need to be up early to go and collect my eldest grandson for the weekend.

debinmalaga
February 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Lynn, have fun with your grandson this weekend. How old is he?

Blondie, your doll is AMAZING. Wow, I'm just blown away. Congratulations on being featured in the magazine!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Kudos to Blondie!! She's so famous now. Hope this doesn't go to her head that she's a STAR. Does she know we think she's a star here, too?

Joking wid her. I love, love, love your gourd doll. Do you carve when the gourd is green????????
I think my Fancy the Focus Fairy has definitely met her match.

Got to complain about my right wrist this morning. Ahhhhhhh it hurts. Into the Icy Hot or something when I finish here. It hurts getting old!!!!

Just checked my 'orders' and I'm expecting at least three HUGE boxes of fabric today. I'm canceling all 'memberships' in on-line auction sites . . . well, maybe just not yet. Get my 'donkey' in gear and get some projects finished, okay Sandy????????

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Blondie, just went back and looked at your doll picture again. Did she really kiss that frog? The frog doesn't look too happy about it.

Monique
February 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Wow is all I can Blondie. Congratulations on a job well done.

Sandy take care of that wrist.

I won't get much quilting done this weekend. My youngest son and his family are coming for the weekend. I get to smother my granddaughter with kisses for two whole days. YIPPEEEEEE!! By the way she is only 10 months old, and the apple of our eyes.

Today begins a hunt for freezer paper!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Monique
:D

patticakes
February 11th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Morning!
Blondie congrats on making the magazine! Such talent you have, the gourd dolly is so cute!
Had a nice day shopping yesterday but did not find any fabric stores. Spent enough anyway, such good sales and I NEVER pay full price for anything so I was a happy girl!
I am enjoying my time with my younger brothers but they really make me feel like their little sister because they are very protective of me. Makes me feel so special and loved!
I do miss my sewing and have taken pics of their living areas so I can make them a special quilt when I get back.
Hope everyone has a happy Friday!
Patti

Elaine
February 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Morning everyone. The sun is shining brightly in SW PA. I hear its supposed to get into the 50's by Thursday of next week. Finally!. Blondie, your doll is just beautiful. You truly on talented. Congrats on getting into the magazine. Have a wonderful day everyone.

newbiequilter
February 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Blondie, Your doll is so cute! You certainly have an artisitc gene - your dolls, your daily pictures, quilts, and even hair styling.

Sandy, Wow, three boxes of fabric, you should be busy for a few days. Are you an eBay fan?

Started to crochet a couple of doggy scarves for the local shelter to use when they take pictures with Santa at Christmas.

janluna
February 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Good morning everyone,
Blondie your dolls are adorable! Keep up the good work. How long do they last? Congratulations on the magazine feature. I can say I knew her when... You are an amazing women. So gifted. How's Mom this morning? Don't work too hard.
Sandy, hope your wrist feels better! Maybe if your fabric arrives it will get your mind off of it, unless the cold from the box makes it hurt worse. Do you have medication to help. I take a Celebrix type pill that helps me. Well, good luck with it. Maybe a heating pad would help.
Patti enjoy your visit!
Monique enjoy your children and granddaughter. The one thing we get to do is spoil our grandchildren
Sweet dreams Dragonfly!
Hope everyone has a great day. I will be sewing my blocks for the swap! YAY! What will you do today Elaine? Have a great day. Love to you all, Jan L

middlesis1966
February 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hi all! Its time for a heatwave, YAY!!!!!
Congrtas Blondie on the doll pic.
I cant believe its the end of the week already. Wow time sure did fly.
Have a great day with the bros Patti!
Have fun with the new fabrics Sandy.
See ya all later!

Lola2Ace
February 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Well, it's not morning anymore, so will just say Good Day All! I am so excited, I finished the girly quilt yesterday morning, but it was my 12 hr. day at work, so just got the pics posted. I also just finished doing a flash drive back-up of my embroidery designs, since the family computer has a massive virus it got me scared about 'my' computer. DH thinks mine is safer as I am wireless to the net, but it still worries me. He got me an external harddrive for Christmas, but we haven't gotten it out of the box yet--planned for later today! The friendship braid quilt top is just about 1/2 pieced and I am LOVING it! I think I have a plan for it, just have to stay strong and do it. I still have a ton of paperwork to do with the job switch. I never dreamed of having to do so much to quit 1 job and start another.
Sandy, I hear you on the pain. My arms have been quite painful, from just below the elbows to just above them.....I think it's really weird! They are slowly getting better. Wow, 3 boxes of fabric!!
Lola

toggpine
February 11th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hello Quilty friends!

Just popping in to say Hi! I'm taking my mom's favorite granddaughter to visit her. If we get going we'll in some swimming before lunch! Our water is off for some reason. So I guess it's good we are going to the pool. At least we'll get a shower! I'll have to call to let them know. I love living on a community well.
I'm doing my presentation at our WASART trainings this weekend, so if I don't get in here to visit, you all have a good weekend too!
Have a wonderful day however you spend it!
Cathy

Lola2Ace
February 11th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Blondie, I love your doll, and congrats on the magazine feature!
I've been piecing some on the friendship braid quilt top, it will be the biggest I've ever made when it's done. I need to decide if I'm going to put any sashing on, then decide on border(s) too.
I made some pasta salad and mixed up salmon patties for supper, so it will be a pretty quick finish when DH and I are ready to eat.
I love the pic Jill (jrchapman) posted of her Millhouse Inn quilt! If you haven't seen it yet, go to show and tell and have a look-see. I have a Frolic jellyroll that is just calling out to be made from the same pattern. So many plans.....so little time!
Lola

Blondie
February 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hi Ladies

Just getting in from work, setting to go to Mom's for dinner. She is making my Luscious Larry salmon patties, one of his favorites. Yuck. It makes me want to put a finger down my throat. I will happily eat leftovers.

Jan, Mom is doing pretty good today. Will hear more of her day once I am down there sitting at the table. (Please Lord, let me not smell those guppy cakes. another yuck)

Patti! Been thinking of you all week. I am so happy that you are enjoying yourself. I don't ever like to pay full price for anything either. It is wonderful for you to have your cares washed away and put on a shelf for a while. You have worked so hard!

Sandy, what in the world? That wrist thing sounds terribly painful. Ouchie! Hope by now you have it taped/wrapped up and if you need some schnapps, I have enough to share. :)

Lola, you are really on a roll! I looked at your photo album link and am fascinated by the lovely work you do and embellishments with the embroidery machine. Are those tirangle thingies book tabs?

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks about the doll. My dolls ain't pretty but they do have character. hehehe. And Sandy, I make my own paper mache clay and sculpt over the gourds once they have dried. I had a good crop of gourds the other year, thankfully. Not every year is a good one for some reason. I am always happy with the overflow. Gourds are a fun medium for so many projects.
I reckon you can tell I don't like to sit idle for long. I try to make the most of every day and laugh a lot!

Speaking of which, have to go down to Mom's and if you want a giggle, just imagine me with a clothespin on my nose while she and Luscious devour those nasty things. ugh. At least Mom always has peanut butter and jelly. Hope her bread isn't moldy. Haven't checked that out in a few days.

Peace. Out. Later, gators.

Lola2Ace
February 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hahahaha, Blondie, we are having 'guppy' cakes as you call them! Both DD's don't like them, so it's something I fix when it's just DH and I for dinner. For some reason lately we LOVE them with pasta salad! DH also likes putting salsa on his guppies, but I don't care for that....love salsa, but not on the patties!
I think your dolls are beautiful, and yes they are just full of character. I would love to see more of them if you have an album of pics somewhere??
I love my projects, and thank you so much for your compliments. Yes, the triangle thingies are corner bookmarks, and they work wonderfully. I have several done up, they were in the last craftshow that was such a bust with NO traffic. Let me know if you would like to see pics of them, PM me if you would like one, I'll send it to you, I love to share with friends!
Lola

sally
February 11th, 2011, 09:15 PM
FRIDAY>>>FRIDAY>...happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have to go to the fabric store after work....A new Happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

debinmalaga
February 11th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Lola, thank you so much for posting your photobucket link! I'm so impressed by your work! I love the "triangle thingies" and you make me want to embroider! Love your thread snips bag and so many others. Your taste and talent shine :-).

Thanks Blondie for mentioning Lola's albums! I hadn't looked at them before for some reason - my loss!

middlesis1966
February 11th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Just getting in from work, setting to go to Mom's for dinner. She is making my Luscious Larry salmon patties, one of his favorites. Yuck. It makes me want to put a finger down my throat. I will happily eat leftovers.

That makes me think of my kids when they were younger, lol. They would only eat fish sticks. No other forms of fish would cross thier lips, except for salmon patties. They didnt know it was a fish, lol. I wasnt gonna tell them cause I love salmon patties. One day my son didnt have school and I had to take him shopping with me. Well we were going along when I looked at my list and I said o I forgot the salmon. Well I wasnt thinking and made it to the isle and went to grab the can and he shouted eeeeeeewwwwwww there has a picture of a fish on there. Well dangit what was I gonna do now. Well i just ignored him and went about my shopping. We get home and he goes running to his sissy and shout that salmon was a fish and we were not going to eat it anymore. So many years we didnt enjoy them until they grew outa the fish stage. Thank Goodness cause I love me some salmon patties, YUMMMMMMMMMMY!!!

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Are you an eBay fan?

Unfortunately - and The GW Boutique (Goodwill Auctions) . . . but I finally convinced myself that their shipping costs were too high. AWWW but you should see the bunch I got today. So much fun.

Dragonfly
February 11th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Lynn, have fun with your grandson this weekend. How old is he?

Hi Deb, my grandson is 10, he will be 11 in a couple weeks, I just can't believe where the years have gone. It seems like just a little while ago that I sat with my daughter and her partner while he was born, it was such a wonderful experience being there at the birth of my first grandchild. :) It was the only one I was at, for the next two I got the babysitting job so my SIL could be at the birth, fair enough though.

This morning we finished the large cushion front he was making the last time he was here when the machine broke. Now he has gone off to the rifle range with his grandfather, he is also a budding long distance competition target shooter, he just loves it when he gets a better score than grandpa. :icon_bigsmile:

I hope everyone had a great day.

quiltingtrish
February 12th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Hey everyone!
Internet was down tonight so I sewed more of those 10 minute blocks while texting Odie for a few hours. You'd think that I would have made a lot of blocks (only 10 minutes each), well, no - only got 3 done cause he kept texting - it was fun 'talking' to him. Poor kid is bored to death. Nothing to do there and his classes don't start until at least the 24th. But at least he doesn't want to get out anymore.
I really like the blocks and can see some pretty quilts from them. I was using civil war fabrics on this one.

Not much going on so guess I'll head to bed and catch up tomorrow. You all sleep tight!

Hugs,