PDA

View Full Version : My Grandma

asta
May 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Today marks the day my dear Grandmother would have turned 100. She has always been my inspiration, she practically raised me taught me to sew and to quilt. I remember my first sewing projects were helping her make teddy bears and frogs to give to children at the local hospital where she volunteered. I think I will make a frog today in her honor.
Beth

Divine Daisy
May 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
what a great idea asta! My Aunty Lizzie was my inspiration. She still is even though she died many years ago

auntiemern
May 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
What a wonderful idea to honor your Grandma.

Sandy Navas
May 8th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Beth, I love your idea of honoring your Grandma by making a frog. What a wonderful lady deserves such a remembrance.

toggpine
May 8th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Beth,
Have you checked out the Toy Society? They make little stuffed toys and leave them (with a note) for children to find. I'm a member, but haven't made any in a while. It' a pretty neat idea. It's like happy-ism. (The opposite of terrorism.) You could make frogs in honor of your grandmother!

asta
May 9th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Beth,
Have you checked out the Toy Society? They make little stuffed toys and leave them (with a note) for children to find. I'm a member, but haven't made any in a while. It' a pretty neat idea. It's like happy-ism. (The opposite of terrorism.) You could make frogs in honor of your grandmother!
Thanks, I will have to look into this, it certainly would carry on Grandma's love of giving.

toggpine
May 9th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Here is a link to the blog that explains how it works.
http://thetoysociety.blogspot.com/p/about.html

My dentist and our family doctor let me put them in the waiting area. Most places like that are good with it, especially if they can assure the recipient's parent that it's OK to keep the new "friend" and some creepy person didn't leave it.

dwil23
May 9th, 2013, 06:13 AM
OH, that is so sweet. What a great idea to make a special frog in her memory. Neither one of my grandmas did much sewing, but one sure did love to give things to kids - her own GK's and others. She has been gone many years now, but I still think of the nice things she did for others.