PDA

View Full Version : Can it be Wednesday? I am going buggy!

Blondie
May 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM

Hello Folksies!

Can someone please tell me how Wednesday has arrived so quickly? Good golly and here comes Mother's Day. It will be a day when all the family here in the area will fit in Mom's house for dinner. I remember many times past when we grilled out. It has been so cool and rainy that I think we would need a big fire pit to gather around if we were to do that. Now to figure out a game plan for the day as in what to eat and who should be delegated to do what. Somehow along the way, over the years, it has become my lot to be THE delegator. I really don't know how this got started . . . I suppose every family has one. Who is yours?

Yesterday afternoon was a pleasant few hours all alone for me. So, what did I do, you ask? I watched a few MSQC tuts to get recharged. I watched the double layer cake one; can't believe I never viewed it before. Since I had no layer cakes, I decided to try it with some various leftover mismatched charms. I still have them chained together, so who knows what it will look like when I get them together. Scrappy for sure! Instead of the 3.5 and 6.5 cuts, I did a 3" and 2". Thanks Jenny for an entertaining afternoon. I thank you, my kitty Dinah thanks you for some un-interrupted purr time with me, and the oh so big spider that was on the basement wall does not thank you. How I missed seeing it for so long, I don't know. How I managed to stop shaking and jerking after (a.) seeing it (b.) smashing it, I don't know, either. It was one of those big butt oak tree spiders. Okay, why did I think of this? Now I am sitting here with my feet up on the chair, getting paranoid. I despise those critters. Let me think of something less threatening. Okay, I know. Those durn 17 year cicadas are making an appearance this year. I have seen some already, but, they are not singing yet. More like screeching. I read about them online and obviously, it has been far too cool and cloudy for them to get in the groove. My BIL was outside yesterday evening plucking them off sis's crepe myrtle and disposing of them. That was a small drop in the proverbial bucket.

Today is my DD's day off. Mom is coming with Sis and I to Sarah's house. We intend to pretend it is a weekend day and play at scrapbooking. That is something I have never done. Can you believe it? Not the pretending part. I pretend each and every day and am quite good at that. But scrapbooking? DD is the queen of all things related to scrapbooking. This shall be a day that will be remembered.

Have a special moment today. Even if that means remembering how classy you looked before you left the house, or how you read in awe of our Dear Divine Daisy's antics back in the day. That moment may quite possibly be the image embedded in your mind of our Jeanie zooming on the Tower of Terror. That would make an awesome photo.

Prayers, hugs, and SMILES.

Blondie

shermur
May 8th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Happy Wednesday! So glad you had a rejuvenation, Blondie; I like doing that too! It amazes my husband how I could possibly spend hours just watching and learning from Jenny's tutorials. And I do learn....just need to implement more! Hubby told me yesterday that he has a three day trip for business out of state. I hate when he's gone, I don't sleep well because he's missing. Maybe I'll get things done around the house and get some time in my sewing room! Congrats on conquering the spider issue! I can deal with spiders, but a mouse...no way, babes!

Monique
May 8th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Good morning. Spiders I can do too, mice, dogs and snakes NO WAY!!!!!

I don't know how it got to be Wednesday so soon either. Yesterday was a slow day at the post office so I got to bring in my quilt and work at it in the afternoon.

Other than that, it has been a very quiet household here. Hubby may go golfing today.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 8th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I do have photographic proof of my Tower of TERROR exploits, thanks to Disney's magical marketing power. Just need to pull it up on the internet and download it, in between building falling charm blocks!

Today, I get to see what the life of a PAID professional seamstress is like. A costuming guru friend works for a bridal salon doing alterations, and needs to go retrieve her college grad son from college in Idaho ( one heck of a lot of miles from St. Louis!), she's leaving for two weeks during the pre-June Bride rush, and needs someone to help out while she is gone. So she recruited me to fill in. I think I'll hate it, as altering is not my favorite thing, but we'll see. It could be a source of a litte extra cash in the future if I don't mess up too many dresses and can get into the alteration groove, but it will cut into my quilting time. Oh well, cash is nice!

Working on my falling charm/alternate layout quilt top. Thanks to my usual middle of the night insomnia, I have it half done. All piecing is finished, half the rows sewn together. Also, I am trying it with a layer cake. That will be next to layout and put together. When they are finished, I will share pictures. Love the block! I love playing with blocks!

Hope you all have a great day!

Madeforyouinma11
May 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning everyone! It is Wednesday and crazy to think that Mothers Day is Sunday. Hubby has been on vaca but working lots of overtime (yay) so I've lost track of my days. I started emptying out what is going to be the baby's room yesterday. Today will be more of that. I need to empty it so I can get the windows, doors, trim, walls and ceiling all painted. Then I need to do something with the floor. We have wood floors but since they all use to have rug on them, they don't really have a finish anymore. Then we had a cat that was ill before he died and some of the floors were stained. I'm not so worried about the stains...I just want to get the floors to look decent. I think I'm going to just sand them lightly, put a light coat of stain to even them off and then put a poly finish on them so that they will look better and be easier to clean. After that is done, I want to paint all of the furniture white and since the walls will be a teal blue, I want to make her bedding and curtains with pinks and teals and a little green. I'm tired just writing it all down. I'm hoping to get it emptied today and start priming.
Blondie have fun scrap booking! You're better than me..I don't think I could have killed a spider that size. Mice! Forget about it..my bags are packed and I'm out til they're out. Lol
Hope everyone has a great day! Prayers and hugs for everyone.

MRoy
May 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning and Happy Hump Day! Another foggy morning here! I came home from work yesterday and slept for two hours. That's unusual for me but I think I was running on adrenaline and it ran out! If it doesn't rain today, I have got to cut the grass...it's getting pretty shaggy. I'm on the road for work today, delivering suspension notices. This is definitely not the fun part of my job.
Have a great day!

Bubby
May 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Good Morning,

Yes, another Wednesday already. Jeff is home today...it's a state holiday, Harry Truman Day. For you youngsters, Harry was a Missourian and also President of the US. He and his wife Bess were solid midwesterners. While in the White House, Bess continued to pinch pennies and clipped coupons! The pictures I have seen of them look like ordinary Grandma and Grandpa shots.

We plan to work outdoors all day. We have mowing and planting to do. Most of our tomatoes are in their containers and we have herbs, flowers, peppers and zucchini to plant. I bought a pretty flat of birght orange Impatiens for the tubs in front of the garage. We saw our first row of ants on our front walk this morning. It looks like Spring is really here!

A girlfriend spent the afternoon with me yesterday. We talked about and played with my quilts. She has an embroidery business that's thriving. I'm giving serious thought to setting up a site to sell yardage and machine embroidered pieces and supplies.

Blondie, I love the two craft links you posted.

Wishing everyone a happy Truman Day...Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
May 8th, 2013, 08:21 AM

Thinking of you, Blondie :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Prayers & hugs

dwil23
May 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Happy Wednesday morning to all! My only day(night) off this week. A lot to do today. Housework/laundry took a back seat to finishing up a quilt last week, so they are on the list. Also, my poor little neglected car has to go for a long overdue bath and new tires, then I can drive it again. Ex cam over yesterday to look at it and took the battery down to exchange it and it cranked right up! Yah! DD's car has to be towed back to the transmission shop because it won't move forward or backwards and the transmission was just rebuilt in February. So, if I can get my car going again, and DD's going again, we will be back to one car per person. We actually had one extra until the accident. Musical cars is no fun.

I do need to make a buddy cover for DGS. My sister is going for a visit on Friday and she can take it with her. It will be the first time I have sewn with Minky.

Everyone have a blessed day!

SarahYoo
May 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Happy Truman Day Barb, and happy hump day to everyone else!

Blondie, I don't mind spiders too much anymore, although I have yet to encounter any of the Florida spiders yet - or snakes. A neighbour said there was a big black King snake sunning itself out by the back pond last week, but it hasn't come near our bit so far.

I am convinced that someone is pinching hours somewhere, as these weeks are flying by, I cannot believe it is Wednesday already either! I am on early taxi duty - DD has extra rehearsals for her chorus all week, which means an hours round trip for me. She is going to Orlando on Saturday to sing at a competition, and then they get to go to the Universal Islands of Adventure park for the rest of the day. We were at the High school introductory evening yesterday, and cannot believe she will be a Freshman in August!
After taxi duty I am coming home to do my workout dvd, then the rest of the day is mine to sew, sew, sew :) I am hoping to restitch what I ripped out last night :lol: and hope to finish piecing the top. Then I have the squares cut to start a second one....

Have a great day!

CrazyMtnLady
May 8th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Wednesday it is. My quiet days of being by myself are coming to a close. I am sure if DH can get his truck and trailer out of the camping area he is in he will SURPRISE me and be home any time. There is more rain in the forecast for the rest of the week and I am sure they are tearing down camp and packing up. He is suppose to be home this weekend but I expect him sooner. I still have some more lawn to mow and clothes on the line to get down before the rain starts. I got all but one load of laundry done yesterday, but can't do the rest because of the rain forecast. I will do the rest after DH gets home so I can do all his laundry too.

My rash and bug bites are driving me crazy. I have been slathering itch cream all over them but I think it is going to be a Benadryl day today. It just makes me sleepy so I have to get a few things done before I take it.

Anyone else watching "The Voice"? I can't believe how awesome all the singers are this year. It sure is hard to pick out a clear winner. I love that show. I am partial to Blake Shelton's team only because I LOVE country music, but the others are awesome too.

Well, I should start my busy day. .....after my second cup of coffee that is.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Mpyles
May 8th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Good morning all,

I had a horrible nights sleep....worrying about all that needs to be done. It was after midnight when I went to bed and I had set the alarm for 6 but at five after waking up for the third time I gave in and got up. Sitting here reading about Jane Austen and all your funnies this morning! Shirley you make me laugh every morning!!

I got alot done yesterday..yet not nearly enough and to make matter worse...my body, or biological clock decided to rear it's ugly head and I had horrible hot flashes all afternoon. I was at one of the LQS and swore I was gonna faint right there...it unnerved me a bit. On my drive home I called my mama and whined to her about it...she made me feel better...as mamas do.

Lots to do today....before noon as there is an awards and scholarship assembly at 12:30. Hopefully dd will have won some local ones, keep your fingers crossed. Then afterwards...as the ceremony is 3 hours long...meeting other parents to load up some cars with project grad stuff so that Thursday we can take it all into Springfield. Where we will hold the nights festivities. I have bernina club at 6 and usually eat dinner at the tearoom before hand. Then sometime between now and Friday I have got to go to the grocery store....think I can't talk DH to do that?? Hmmmmmmm

Last night I worked on a photo book of all 14 years of dd school pictures. I found waaaaay to much stuff for her memory album... Still need to finish that tonight.....yikes....can someone fly down, drive down, up or over here and give me a hand? Well instead of boring you all with my days activities I guess I should attempt to conquer them!!

Everyone have a great day.....oh and spiders.....ya I can't stand them, can't kill them either...but I can scream until someone else does!!

Iris Girl
May 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Good morning all Its raining here finally after quite a few really nice sunny warm days. we need the rain, doesn't mean I like it but it is what it is. Today is class day, we're doing some quilted bookmarks, some potholders little things today., need to get 2 pieces of fabric I didn't seem to have in my stash to finish 2 different projects.
SPIDERS UGH no way hate them I scream like a 2 year old, everyone in the house knows if I scream they better come running and kill it as I freeze when I see them ( except for my vocal chords). give me a mouse any day Hugs to all who need and want them same for prayers. Have a good day all.

ilive2craft2
May 8th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I can't believe it is Wednesday already or that it is the month of May? Where is the time going?? I took a personal day today. Hopefully, I will get a few things accomplished and won't feel so overwhelmed. I know that I am the one with "the list" in my head, but if I don't keep a list, we will never get anything done. My husband would say - if it doesn't get done, it wasn't that important, but some of the things make me feel better - like seeing beautiful flowers. :)

Bought some flowers last night for the big pot out front and got those planted, so it is finally feeling like Spring to me! Need to get stuff for all of the pots in the back too. Got some cucumber starts and some seeds for vines on my trellises. I know I am late on the seed planting, but it has been wild weather here and they didn't have starts of my vines. Need to start cleaning out the son's room, since I don't know when he will get around to it now that he has moved out. I want to at least get enough of it cleaned out that I can put my cutting table up in there. Need to take my tumbler flag swap to the post office - it is all cut, bagged and ready to go. Need to figure out something for Mom for Mother's Day - I used to plant up her planters, but now she has an assisted living apartment that does not have her own outside space, so have to come up with something else that is not a "thing" if you know what I mean? Off to read a bit on the forum as I finish up my coffee and then got to get a move on.... Might need to put another pot of coffee on... Hugs and prayers for anyone who has requested and for those that haven't, Lisa

MayinJerset
May 8th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Raining at last, my lawn and plants really need it. We haven't been watering them as DH hasn't turned on our outdoor water yet.

Going to meet my best quilting buddy for lunch this afternoon, treating her for her Bday. Actually her Bday was last month but it is difficult to get our schedules to match. Have to remember to find out if she is planning on attending this years Hoe Down Retreat in Sept. Our friend Howdy has been holding it the past few years in the workroom of the quilt shop she works at in the Lancaster area of PA. Everyone works on their own projects and we have a Challenge on Saturday nights. This year's challenge is a star quilt, no special size or design. Lucky for me last week I found a star UFO that I will finish for my Challenge. For once I won't have to rush and finish my Challenge at the last minute.

Had a nice small quilt/book group meeting last night. We discussed A Week in Winter, Maeve Binchy's last book as she passed away last July. It was a nice read, lots of details about a small Irish town on the Atlantic coast, grand story telling that solves everyone's problems so neatly. Everyone has completed their NJ Lighthouse blocks and we are wondering how to put them together in a quilt. We want to enter it in our Guild's show next May as a group quilt. We have done that before with an Alice in Wonderland quilt and a Wind in the Willows quilt.

aliaslaceygreen
May 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Good Wednesday from Pensacola! We left VA at 10 pm Monday night, and drove thru to Tallahassee before really stopping. We spotted a sign for an automobile museum there and well, they said they had the Batmobile.... We spent a few hours with Timmy drooling, found a spot for lunch...(the promised quilt store across from where we were aimed apparently closed) ...took a cat nap or two here and there, and landed in Pensacola at 4... Napped a few hours and then, headed to the BEACH! after dark....

got a very good nights sleep and we are headed to NAS Air Museum where the Blue Angels live...the rest of the day will be beach!

Just stopped in...hope all is well with everyone! Need quilt shops along the way--Pensacola to NOLA and then....Must buy fabric!!!

laf512
May 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning! I'm anxiously awaiting the FedEx man today. He should be delivering my new sewing table. I'm excited to finally have a dedicated sewing space...even if it will only be a corner in my bedroom. I currently have to sew at the kitchen table so I have to put up/take down my machine every time I want to use it. Such a pain! I'm getting the Sauder sewing cabinet from Walmart and then I ordered a Sew Steady extension table, too. Oh, and an Ott floor lamp since the lighting stinks in my bedroom. Now, I just need to come up with a fabric storage solution other than Rubbermaid tubs!

Other than waiting around, not much else on the plate for today. I homeschool the kids and we are on summer break now so our days are much less busy than usual. I'm liking it!

bakermom
May 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Plan to spend some time sewing today then doubling up for supper duty. I'm taking supper in to DD and family since they just brought the new baby home. DH and i will deliver a nice hot meal to them tonight(and sneak in some baby snuggle time too). I started planting my flowers yesterday until i got rained out so I should finish that today, too.

SallyO'Sews
May 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Shirley, I LOVE the picture!
Bugs are okay - I have no qualms about killing them and then washing my hands.
Rodents and reptiles are another story all together... those critters put me in Screaming Mimi mode in a hurry!

lilmouse
May 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Morning all, I am doing fine...Steve is home doing Doctor appointments...he has some nodules on his thyroid so today is the biopsy so I will be going with him...have some hand quilting to take with me...it will keep my hands and mind some what occupied...I am concerned but am trying not to worry as it doesn't solve anything and we will deal with it. He is also having some tenant problems on his rental property and his sister who manages it for him when he is on the road is headed for Greece for three weeks so he is writing up authorization for me to handle things in his and her absence....just what I wanted...NOT! Oh well, got to do what has to be done......life is getting interesting. Not much going on in the sewing area as Steve likes to have me focused on him since he is so rarely home.....want to finish up my falling charms quilt top and make some pads for carpets and dish drainer on the counter...saw them on a blog that was posted on here a while ago and purchased the terry cloth for it.....anxious to start on that as well.
Hugs and prayers to all, have been missing you...jump on the computer when I can....

Lindagie
May 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Busy, busy weeks trying to stay ahead of the grass. It seems like we have had more rain the past month than ever. The farmers have not been able to get in the fields, so I hope it dries out soon for them.
DH and I had a great trip to Michigan over the long weekend to see the kids/grandkids. Sports, First Communion, meeting the new puppy, great food and company. It was so nice to have a weekend without RAIN. Took DH to the doctor in St. Louis yesterday, so had to spend the rest of the afternoon buying paint for a bathroom and then dinner out. Just gave myself another job buying that paint. LOL! Can't believe it is Wednesday already and the grass needs to be cut again. Guess I better go out and do it today before we get more rain at the end of the week. I just noticed all the weeds that have to be done away with; haven't bought one flower or vegetable for the garden yet either. Always so much to do when I really want to finish up some quilt tops that I have. They are just waiting for borders. All in good time. I need one of those Ott lights, since I have to do my hand quilting at night and the lighting in here is not good enough. Maybe that is what I need for Mother's Day. I already received a great Bluebird house that I have been wanting, so that needs to go up today as well. Better get on it or it will be Thursday before I know it. Have a great day everyone!