PDA

View Full Version : FAST ASLEEP

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I'm sitting here alone in the flat. Joe kissed me goodbye in the very early hours of the morning to say he was on his way out the door to travel to Saudi Arabia. He's teaching a training session over there and will be gone for 6 days. Guess what I'll be doing? Some handwork is on the agenda for this morning. I'm finishing up another baby quilt, the pinwheel pattern that's posted on the Moda Bakeshop website. I used "Me and My Sisters" SEW HAPPY to make it along with plain white fabric on hand. I'll try to post a pic.

Do you all have any recurring dreams? I dream one every now and then. I'm in school and I am totally disorganized. I can't seem to get to class on time. I can't even find the classroom. My work is never done. I'm always wandering around lost. Why do I keep dreaming this dream? The other one I have every now and then is the divorce dream. That one is the absolute worse nightmare. There have been times when I wake up in tears and have to pace for a while before going back to sleep. Any psych majors out there? haha

The odd thing is I'm always on time, I'm very organized, and my work is always done 2 weeks before it needs to be done. My husband and I have been happily married since 1982.

Hope you are all snoozing away having peaceful sleep with only happy dreams. Someone told me about a happy dream they had recently. I don't ever remember happy dreams, only the weird and unsettling ones.

I look forward to reading the daily morning thread that you all are faithful in writing. It's the way I start my day. (No pressure.)

Blondie
February 11th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Good Morning Rebecca
I love dreams for the most part. Most of my recurring dreams are not the pleasant type as well. I always think of those nights as when I am most anxious. I know that you shall miss your darlin' - this absence is what keeps you together in more ways than one. What an exciting life you live - different countries, exotic food, something that our dear Sandy can certainly identify with.
Hoping that you can enjoy some of the solitude.
Many blessings to you.
Blondie

Dragonfly
February 11th, 2011, 08:45 AM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vegemite_yum/GoodMorning1.gif

Good morning Rebecca, since it's actually late evening where I am I won't start the new day's thread but I thought you sounded like a little cheering up.:icon_bigsmile:

That first dream of yours is very similar to one that I continue to have, I go back to school after an absence of some sort but don't know where anything is. My classes are in the wrong place, I can't find my books and everyone seems to find it amusing. I am also a very organised person who thinks things should happen in the right way, at the right time and I dislike being late for things. It must be a subconscious fear of being unorganised.

The only other recurring dream I have is the one where I am either flying or falling or a combination of the two. The falling seems to have no bottom, which I am told is a good thing, apparently if you hit the bottom you die...:(

Anyway I' sad that you are on your own for six days but on the bright side...six days to do some sewing.

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
My weird dream of the week . . . was awaken by my pooch barking and I was in the middle of a dream where Ty Pennington was writing numbers on the bottom of my toes using permanent magic markers. Must have been the jalapenos.

debinmalaga
February 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Lynn, what a PRETTY graphic in your email. Love it!

Rebecca, I used to have dreams where I'd realize I'd left the baby at the supermarket. I had three children under 4 years of age and the doctor said that anxiety dreams were common and that being anxious about my children was normal, as were the dreams.

Sure you'll miss your sweetie, like Lynn said, enjoy the time for sewing. And you can plan a nice reunion when he gets back :-).

janluna
February 11th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Rebecca, since you are so organized, your dream is probably associated with the fact you won't be able to see your Joe and with everything going on in that part of the world you have no control over the situation. It's just your way of dealing with the fear of the unknown. Saudi Arabia is one of the safer places to be, so that is good. And he will be back in 6 days.
My husband had to do a lot of traveling in his job in the 80's and I was left home with two kids ages 5 and 10 and it was scary. And isn't that when all the things that could go wrong, did go wrong? I had to deal with the problems on my own. I'm glad it happened in a way. I had to think on my feet as they say, and solve things my way. And I did good. Don't worry hon, he'll be home, and everything will be ok. It's just your insecurity
showing it ugly little head. Stick with us, we'll get you through your 6 days and help you with quilting too. We'll say prayers for you, and ask for your dreams to be positive and he'll be home before you know it. Hugs, Jan L

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Good Morning Rebecca
I love dreams for the most part. Most of my recurring dreams are not the pleasant type as well. I always think of those nights as when I am most anxious. I know that you shall miss your darlin' - this absence is what keeps you together in more ways than one. What an exciting life you live - different countries, exotic food, something that our dear Sandy can certainly identify with.
Hoping that you can enjoy some of the solitude.
Many blessings to you.
Blondie

You're so sweet! Thank you, Blondie.

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Dragonfly;22144]
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vegemite_yum/GoodMorning1.gif

Good morning Rebecca, since it's actually late evening where I am I won't start the new day's thread but I thought you sounded like a little cheering up.:icon_bigsmile:

That first dream of yours is very similar to one that I continue to have, I go back to school after an absence of some sort but don't know where anything is. My classes are in the wrong place, I can't find my books and everyone seems to find it amusing. I am also a very organised person who thinks things should happen in the right way, at the right time and I dislike being late for things. It must be a subconscious fear of being unorganized.

The only other recurring dream I have is the one where I am either flying or falling or a combination of the two. The falling seems to have no bottom, which I am told is a good thing, apparently if you hit the bottom you die...:(

Anyway I' sad that you are on your own for six days but on the bright side...six days to do some sewing.[/QUOTE.

I'm glad to say I've never had the falling dream. Yes, I'm going to be sewing my little heart out while he's away. This to Mom for teaching me how to sew!

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
My weird dream of the week . . . was awaken by my pooch barking and I was in the middle of a dream where Ty Pennington was writing numbers on the bottom of my toes using permanent magic markers. Must have been the jalapenos.

lolololololol hahahahaha Thanks for the laugh!!!

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Lynn, what a PRETTY graphic in your email. Love it!

Rebecca, I used to have dreams where I'd realize I'd left the baby at the supermarket. I had three children under 4 years of age and the doctor said that anxiety dreams were common and that being anxious about my children was normal, as were the dreams.

Sure you'll miss your sweetie, like Lynn said, enjoy the time for sewing. And you can plan a nice reunion when he gets back :-).

What a horrible dream!!! That'd get the adrenaline goin'.

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Rebecca, since you are so organized, your dream is probably associated with the fact you won't be able to see your Joe and with everything going on in that part of the world you have no control over the situation. It's just your way of dealing with the fear of the unknown. Saudi Arabia is one of the safer places to be, so that is good. And he will be back in 6 days.
My husband had to do a lot of traveling in his job in the 80's and I was left home with two kids ages 5 and 10 and it was scary. And isn't that when all the things that could go wrong, did go wrong? I had to deal with the problems on my own. I'm glad it happened in a way. I had to think on my feet as they say, and solve things my way. And I did good. Don't worry hon, he'll be home, and everything will be ok. It's just your insecurity
showing it ugly little head. Stick with us, we'll get you through your 6 days and help you with quilting too. We'll say prayers for you, and ask for your dreams to be positive and he'll be home before you know it. Hugs, Jan L
I never thought of that. You're probably right!!!! He has left me for business trips many times in the past, but not to a place like Saudi. I just have to tell myself he WILL come back.

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I bet that's it! I'm used to him going on business trips, but Saudi Arabia is a first. I just have to remind myself that he Will come back.

rebeccas-sewing
February 11th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I tried to reply to each of you since you all wrote such reassuring messages. I somehow screwed that up. Just wanted to say thanks to all for your thoughtful words. I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and read for awhile to get my mind off food. It's that hour when I want to snack and completely ruin my points for the day. LOL