PDA

View Full Version : Bendable sewing light

quiltfun
May 7th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone, great sunny day here, finally.

I am shopping for the little light that attaches to the machine and you can bend the light so you get bright LED light on the sewing foot for better seeing! The old eyes just don't see the darker fabrics like they used to and have seen one that has a light cord and another that operates using a AAA battery. Would love any feedback from you that have these types of lights, are they bright enough, is it as good as they advertise or what do you have that works great.

Hope everyone is having a great quilting day.

Mim in Oregon

K. McEuen
May 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I don't have one for sewing, but I do have one for use with my laptop when I don't want the room light on. I love the thing. I've even done handwork sewing with it being the only light. It runs off the USB port in my computer, but also has a place for batteries, even though the ad says it doesn't need them. I guess you would need them with no USB port. Of course I looked and they are unavailable right now, but Amazon has many others. I like the one i have because it has 3 intensity of lights.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051T1SJC/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cyndiofthevortex
May 7th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I have the Bendable Bright Light http://www.amazon.com/Bendable-Bright-Lights-BBL-Light/dp/B0018VDNEU and could not sew without it. I have two bases, one for each machine as it is portable. It is only about $30 on Amazon and WELL worth the price.

quiltfun
May 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks Karen and Cyndi for your response and good news. I saw one on Amazon that was battery powered but wondered how long the battery would last. I like to quilt after in the evening and the light just doesn't seem to be intense enough where you need it. If I'm sewing on darker fabrics I need more light. Looks like I'll buy myself a little gift!! Thanks again ladies.

Mim

bkthomas
May 7th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I would recommend one that plugs in......

Gayle8675309
May 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I made the mistake of buying the one with the AAA batteries...it wasn't very bright at all. Not much better than the light on my machine (which is pretty dim).

Then I bought the bright light. This light is pricey...but man oh man is it worth it. It is VERY bright...lights up the fabric and sewing line...I love it and don't regret spending the money on it. I can't believe I sewed so long without it.

I just noticed that this is the same light that Cyndi posted about...it is a great light.

http://www.amazon.com/Bendable-Bright-Lights-BBL-Light/dp/B0018VDNEU

quiltfun
May 7th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Thank you so much for your input Gayle, I was afraid that the battery powered light just wouldn't be bright enough and sounds like what you and Cyndi have experienced it's worth the investment to help the eyes see better.

This is just a great place to get info and assistance from so many wonderful people. Thanks so much. Off to buy my light.

Mim

bubba
May 7th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I bought a desktop Ott light for my sewing table. Joanns has them often for 50% off. I can move it around and reposition it for where I need the light directed to. I have the identical light on my cutting table, and yet another smaller one for my ironing board! I think I got all three of them for right around $100 at the sale prices.