PDA

View Full Version : Memories............

Divine Daisy
May 7th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I have been doing some serious clearing out of things I have kept for years and years and are of either no interest to anyone else or (and this is more to the point lol) are non of anyone else's business! I could not believe the things in my old trunk. I still have some papers and essays from uni. Exam papers and results, certificates from school and uni and......um........ my little black book!!

Maybe at this point I should point out that I was a hippy child of the 70s. What we thought was racey and adventurous seems today to be tame and frankly pretty innocent. Having said that I obviously enjoyed the music fesitvals and the parties. Most of the names in the book I have no memory of despite the (hangs head) scoring system! Some of the names I remember well and others I don't need my black book to remind me.

What it did remind me of though was that I was something of a minx when it came to the end of a relationship. I used to exact revenge for real or supposed injuries!

There was one young doctor who I caught in bed with my flatmate. I flounced out and went over to his flat to collect my things and I sprinkled itching powder into the crotch of all his clean underwear in his drawer. I had other friends who worked in the same hospital as him and for more than a week he was in great discomfort, wriggling and fidgeting constantly. I remember the phone call he made to my flatmate warning her that she should attend a 'clinic' to be checked.

Another chap who obviously upset me greatly (I can't remember how or why). I placed a raw prawn in the hem of his curtain! I have no idea how long it took him to track down that bad smell............. I wonder..

Am I the only b*tch out there or did others take breakups as badly?

Maybe I should say that I had my heart really broken only once and on that occasion I hid under my duvet for a week and cried!

lilmouse
May 7th, 2013, 10:01 AM
You are too funny....my older sis was great for stuff like that...the things she could come up with....mix a little nair in with hair product so some one kept losing their hair.
She also did the itching powder trick as well.....made chocolate chip cookies and added flies....need I go on!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
You are one creative minx! Hilarious now, although maybe not so funny when it happened! Thanks for sharing your very exciting and humorous past life! Mine was so boring, I have no black book to hide!

Sandy Navas
May 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Jean and I must have lived similar lives. I did have a woman who worked for me at one time and she showed up to work as furious as an old wet hen. Seems her DH did something that was over the top and she was totally pi$$ed!!!! It was evident for the next couple weeks that she was still stomping angry!! Came one Monday morning and she walked in the door singing, smiling, dancing around. It was evident that she was over her madness. How? She had decided all her fiberglass living room curtains needed washed and there was room in the washer with her husbands underwear!!!

I have always felt that was cruel and unusual punishment but after reading Daisy's message I'm not sure. I have heard of divorcees stuffing the curtain rods with frozen shrimp . . . Guess I have never had a run in with an unsavory partner. I must have lived a very naive life.

LynneLeavell
May 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Daisy I can't say I ever took revenge out on the guy, but I did once in my teenage years, my sister stole my boyfriend at the time and I remember throwing a hammer at her (I missed her of course) and then I tried throwing a tea glass once but my mom turned around and caught before I could let go. Then there was the time when my children were little we were waiting on my husband to come home so we could go eat and he decided that drinking was far more important than his family, so my and the kids went on and ate and when we got back home he was passed out in the bed. I found out real quick you can't suffocate someone on a water bed. It just didn't work. Yes we are still married it was 30 years at the end of April this year. He has quit drinking and things are better.

sally
May 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Daisy you are a hoot. My university life was YAWN. Nothing really more than an an extention of high school...same friends just meeting in a different cafeteria. No partys..,YAWN.
However when you mentioned memories it got me to thinking how meloncoly I have been of late. Thinking of my childhood and how I was so blessed to have a wonderful one. Lazy summer days of hide and seek, tag, bike adventures. Going to the Chez Mille candy store and spending an hour picking out the best penny candy...remember jaw breakers. Camping and visiting my cousins at the cabin and how big the waterslide in the lake seemed. Only worry was being within mom's call, did I get my homework done...I hated math. Yep...I was blessed.

shannonsaulter
May 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM
LMAO oh Ms Daisy you are a hoot... Can't say I ever did anything like that was married at 19 divorced 8 yrs later then only dated a couple of men then remarried almost 6 yrs ago..

CrazyMtnLady
May 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Oh Daisy...what a riot! You can sure put a smile on my face and make me laugh.
I was very boring. I married the first guy I ever dated and we were together for over 16 years. Dated 4, married over 12. The only thing I ever did was after my divorce I was seeing a guy my brother worked with. I found out he was also dating another girl. One day after we had been out for a few drinks, we were at his house and he passed out... I called the other girl and she came and picked me up and took me home. That night at work she asked him if he had a good time with me that afternoon and he said he hadn't been with me...she said..gee that's funny I picked her up at your place and took her home!

laf512
May 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
You cracked me up Daisy! My life has been pretty tame so I have no fun stories to share! Loved reading yours though!

phoots
May 8th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Daisy, you are so much fun!! I never sought revenge on any of the boys I dated. But, although I was rather shy, I had an active social life after high school. I don't have a black book or a diary. Anyway, I've moved so many times it probably would've been lost. I can't tell you how many things I wish I still had that I know were lost during a move to one place or another!!

Love you, Daisy!

Pam in Vegas

Monique
May 8th, 2013, 07:10 AM
What wonderful memories Daisy. hehehehe. I have no such stories to share. I married my sweetheart. Not too many dates before that.

My hubby has a head FULL of useless trivia as he calls it. Just the other day, he was telling me what song was playing on our first date. I'm sorry but I can hardly remember what I ate yesterday.