PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Hellos

Blondie
May 7th, 2013, 07:03 AM

Happy Tuesday Greetings Folksies!
Golly gee whiz, am I ever glad that Monday is gone until next week. Monday's are generally busy for me but yesterday was like oober busy. I did not get one thing accomplished except run, run, run. It's all good, though. I think what made it so hairy for me was the rain. And did it ever rain. I am certain that anyone in the mid atlantic states knows of which I speak. I do NOT drive well in torrential downpours. The rain yesterday reminded me of those daily summer storms in Orlando years ago, only lasting all day, not an hour or two.

After the frenzy we've been in the past few weeks, I am ready to go into hibernation. Even with taking all my vitamins and supplements, I am so tired. All I want to do is sleep - of course, that could be because we have had so much rain so frequently along with being downright chilly! Talk about quilt weather!

If I can find the time to really sit down, I will get the binding done on two COC's. You see, whenever I sit down for more than 5 minutes, I doze off !!!! Yesterday I took a look at my long forgotten composition book of to-do projects and I am woefully behind my time. Oh well. I am like a pressure cooker at times and once I get my steam up, I can be very productive.

I may take the time this morning with a second cup of my treasured brew and watch a few of the newer MSQC tuts. I have really been missing that duck.

Blessings to all - prayers for each and special prayers for those in need of a healing touch, hug, smile, encouragement, support.

Be sure and smile so much today that you lose count of all the reasons you have to be happy.

Blondie

Monique
May 7th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Good morning friends.

Well I was offered another month of work but I declined. I am tired and I have already booked some of my weekends. I really did not want to have to cancel. I was looking at some of the auctions coming my way and there is one on June 8th that has a lot of quilting stuff. I have marked that one on my calendar. I don't want to miss that one. I may find treasures. That is also the day of our Relay for Life.

I went to the dentist yesterday and was my mouth really sore. I think it is from all the pick marks he made when he was freezing me. My mouth is still a little tender. So needless to say I went to bed early last night.

Another work day today and another gorgeous day ahead.

I need to get into my sewing room SOON and get that room cleaned. It is a disaster.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

buckeyequilter
May 7th, 2013, 07:16 AM

Good morning....

Getting ready for work here.

Blondie - I know what you mean about falling asleep. I was sitting at my computer last night and the first thing I knew I was sitting there sleeping *lol*

I've been watching the news this morning....I remember all media coverage when Amanda Berry was missing. I am so glad that her and the other two ladies were found alive. Amazing!

Well need to get myself in gear. Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs!

HandsOffItsMine
May 7th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Rain, rain, go away! We had it all day as well. Think Don better build an Ark for us in the back yard.

I want you all to know that I have avoided this crap since the 70s when Mams and I moved back to the US from Holland! Don't like rain, gray skies, cold damp winds, nope, nope, nope! Now here I am in Dallas, GA in RAIN! For hours, days on end. Had dinner at the in-laws on Sunday, who tried to convince me that this is an unusual Spring. It should be in the 80s already. Yeah right! lol Seen it once I think! My Dad is laughing his butt off as I'm always the one telling him "Oh gee Dad, sorry you freezing and it's October. It's 90 and sunny." :D - Pooooohhhhhhyyyyy!

Yesterday, woke up with a migraine in the middle of the night and it messed it the vision of my left eye. Blurry vision and I'm far sighted. Since then I can see upclose without reading glasses over my contacts and now things in the distance are blurry with my contacts! Oy! What the heck?!? I see a trip to the optometrist that I can't really afford. :(

Going to paint some more wood furniture for the master bedroom and the sewing loft in the garage if the temps get over 60 today. Or at least fill up the nicks and handle holes with wood puddy.

Yes, it's amazing that the women were alive! TG they and the 2 children got out. May the men get life in prison and that would be enough for the 10 years for torment those women and their families went through.

CrazyMtnLady
May 7th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning all. Been up for a couple hours...thanks TarButt!

I got the hot tub drained and cleaned and refilled yesterday! The chemicals are in and it should be nice and hot today! :) Guess who will be in there this evening! :)
I was picking up stuff in the yard yesterday while the tub was filling and now I have a rash on a few body parts...and boy does it itch! I hate being allergic to weeds. I am just hoping it's not poison ivy! Today I will tackle the kitchen. I have sure been lazy with DH gone. But I have to kick myself in the butt and get busy before he comes home this weekend.

Great news about the 3 women being rescued. I have heard there was a 6 year old with them also. But have not heard too much more. I hope they throw the book at the men.

My computer is really slow today. :( DH always does the cleaning and defraging or whatever you call it. I am afraid to try in case I do something wrong and lose everything. I am not a computer geek.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

MRoy
May 7th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning! It's foggy here...I don't like driving in fog so I hope it lifts before I head out to work. With all the rainy weather, DH finally had time to get the electricity hooked up to my sewing studio....yippee! Now I can vacuum the carpet and start moving in machines. I'll be so glad to not be sewing on the dining room table. I still need a cutting table but can make do with a folding table on bed risers.

It gives me chills watching the news about the missing women being found. I can't imagine what their families have gone through during the past 10-13 years.

Bailey65
May 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Good morning to ALL of you wonderful ladies. I just wanted to tell you that ALL of you are such an "INSPIRATION"!!

Thank you

dwil23
May 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Good Morning all,

Blondie, I too know about falling asleep if I sit still for more than five minutes. Just one reason why I hardly ever watch TV. Looks like we could be in for some rain today, too. Jean, I'm glad it was nice for you yesterday and hope you had a nice trip home. Myrna/Donna, my daughter was just telling me about that story - unreal, but glad they were found alive. She said she understood the young girl was one of their daughters by this creep.

Have a blessed day everyone!

shermur
May 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Yay...it's not Monday! The weather here is more spring like..Woo hoo! Youngest child had study session after school and then a band performance this evening...gonna miss The Voice tonight...darnit! My Phoebe Flower box quilt is on a hold at this time, but hopefully will get back to it before this week is over. And for Mother's Day? Time with family of course and time in my sewing room...that would make me very happy!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Hi folks! Got back to my own bed last night about 11:30, to a kitty who was fed by my daughter, but he was very vocal in telling me how much he missed his human! I spent the morning Monday visiting with one of our young theatre members who is down at Disney "living the dream" as a professional actor in one of the shows. He is enjoying the ride! Then off to the airport for some chilling time, I did a lot of that yesterday!

I bought one of those Jennifer Chiaverini books, "The Giving Quilt". I am almost finished with it. It is a slice of life, but I'm not sure how I feel about the plot. Have any of you read these? I know a lot of people bought them in Paducah, I saw a number of ladies were reading while on the bus. Not sure If I want to read another one.

Hope to get a small quilt on the frame and quilted today, my piece out quilt with pinwheels. Need to border it and then quilt it.

Hope you mid-Atlantic people get through the icky rainy weather OK. Our suburb has a "Valley of the Flowers" outdoor festival every year during the first weekend in May. From some accounts I've heard, it was a rainy soggy mess this weekend. Now you guys get it. I know rainy weather makes me want to take a nap also. So, here's to nice weather for us all for a while!

ilive2craft2
May 7th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Happy Tuesday! The sun is shining and the birds are singing. So glad the grey skies have moved away. Should be at work already, but sitting here still in my pj's. Insomnia was my buddy last night and it was well after 2 am before I nodded off. Don't know how I can be so tired, but not able to fall asleep? DH is still in bed, he is staying home today. I just want to snuggle back in with him, but I better get moving..... Hugs and prayers, Lisa

lilmouse
May 7th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Morning all; we have nice weather here but are due for rain on Thursday I hear. Steve is home so haven't been on the computer much or in the sewing room. My demo of the circle quilt went well on Friday but no takers so far...we will see; I was able to get some fabric to make some more up so am happy about that...we have a stock and are welcome to cut from that. So I grabbed a couple of yards. Other than that not too much going on here....everyone take care, have missed you guys...will be trying to catch up this morning.
Hugs and prayers for all!

buckeyequilter
May 7th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I bought one of those Jennifer Chiaverini books, "The Giving Quilt". I am almost finished with it. It is a slice of life, but I'm not sure how I feel about the plot. Have any of you read these? I know a lot of people bought them in Paducah, I saw a number of ladies were reading while on the bus. Not sure If I want to read another one.

I have read several of them but then I quit reading them because I started getting bored with them. I guess where I left off was when the books began to go back in time instead of forward. I guess it was The Sugar Camp Quilt...I just could not get through it. I did buy The Christmas Quilt after that....and that is the last one I bought. I haven't read The Giving Quilt...don't know if I will. What are your thoughts on it...PM me if you'd like. Thanks

MayinJerset
May 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Just lost a long reply so that must mean I should keep it short today. Think all the rain from lower Atlantic states is heading our way as it is dark and cloudy this morning here in Jersey. We could use some rain but I don't think we can order it to leave when it becomes too much.

DH has PT this morning, then we are off to food shop and do errands. Need to choose 2 new windows as contractor will be here end of the week. Want Andersons as that is what we have in rest of the house. We installed them over 30 years ago and have not had a problem with any otf them. Home Depot carries them but we have a Lowes $50 off coupon if we spend 200 but they carry Pella windows. DH said we could use the Loews coupon for paint but I really like HD's Behr paint. Really can't think of anything else we could buy at Loews and hate to let it expire. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Sandy Navas
May 7th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Good Morning. Think I'm feeling better than yesterday - guess some of the meds do help a bit. Slept well, slept very well. So, today it's hit the sewing room again and hope that I can get through the day without someone coming to ask for helping to make a doll blanket or someone wanting me to dress a stuffed monkey, or someone needing a snack . . . I love my grandkids but for some reason I don't think I lead my own life any more.

Okay - now that I've rained on your parade I guess I'd best get off here and see what I can accomplish.
Sending lots of hugs, warm wishes, prayers where needed. May your day and your heart be filled with glorious sunshine!!

Claire Hallman
May 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM
J Need to choose 2 new windows as contractor will be here end of the week. Want Andersons as that is what we have in rest of the house. We installed them over 30 years ago and have not had a problem with any otf them. Home Depot carries them but we have a Lowes $50 off coupon if we spend 200 but they carry Pella windows. DH said we could use the Loews coupon for paint but I really like HD's Behr paint. Really can't think of anything else we could buy at Loews and hate to let it expire. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Have you checked with HD to see if they will honor the coupon? There are lots of stores that do that.

Mpyles
May 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Good morning!!

Sun is shining and skies are blue here this morning!! Rain due the rest of the week...so gonna get out and enjoy it today.

Sleepiness must be in the air...if I sit still for more than 10 minutes, I can hardly keep my eyes open! Yesterday DH and I went and purchased some prize giveaways for project graduation Thursday night. We got 2 - 19"tvs, a laptop, 3 a nook hd, 6 DVD players, laser printer, 4 laptop backpacks. We already had 2 - 32 inch tvs donated by best buy, bought 85 50.00 best buy gift cards, each graduate gets 50.00 cash, and another gift valued around 20.00. We should have a fun night...wish me luck on being up all night!! I made it thru my sons ...but we did a traveling night with his class. Don't know about the standing still...as I said earlier...

My vacation week is quite heavily planned out with awards ceremony tomorrow, graduation Thursday , Friday...I imagine I will be asleep, lol and Saturday is my dd grad party...we are having a nacho bar and sandwiches....a compromise on both out parts...it is her party so I did have to give her something she wanted..lol. Then Sunday will roll around and I will have to prepare to go back to work. Yucky!!! So today...there is nothing on the schedule....but i would like to get out and go to the mall, find something to wear for graduation, get a hair cut, get my eyes examined, get some new glasses, buy some new work shirts, go by the quilt store and just be free for the day!!......thinking not all of that will get done but I am gonna go try to cover a lot of it. Wish me luck!!

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Renate
May 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Blondi Darling, thanks for the tigerdogs picture with the brave father. It makes me smile

GrammaBabs
May 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Blondie... pace yourself girl... the years do take small tolls, when we least expect it,,, i save my energy for the Dances we have around here and Sat. night was a beauty... what a blast... pool opens soon..so i'll be a happy camaper...
Finished a quilt and 3 pillows this last week.. gifts for sons friends as he is moving soon,,, and it's my thank you for all the support he's been blessed with... DD had a christening and in "true Debby style" she gave me about a week's notice.." LOL will post pictures soon... Enjoy the day.. hugs, B

shannonsaulter
May 7th, 2013, 01:27 PM
GM everyone!!!! For me it is Monday and I have no motivation sitting here under my blankie typing from my phone and having coffe
Hope everyone has a great day..its raining/ misting here so I hope traffic isn't so bad on
the way to work...

Bubby
May 7th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Our internet has been down all day. It's up sporadically right now. Just wanted to wish everyone a good day. I have a girlfriend coming for lunch, so I have to run. Will check in later if I can get back online. Hugs, Barb

laf512
May 7th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Good afternoon! This is my first time posting on these daily threads, but I thought it was about time I get more involved :)

My kids are having nap/quiet time right now so I am thoroughly enjoying the silence! It is a gorgeous day here so we will be spending the afternoon outside. I need to do some mowing and then we are going to plant a little window garden. I am so thankful the weather is finally nice that we can enjoy the spring!

I really need to work on the quilt I am making for my dd's 8th birthday at the end of the month. It's taking me quite awhile because I can only work on it after she is asleep for the night or I risk her discovering the surprise! I do need to start another project though so I have something to sew during the day!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

CrazyMtnLady
May 7th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Thought I would check back in and see how everyone's day is going. I have been VERY busy. Needed a break. I am on my second load of laundry, I have mowed some of the yard and got most of the dishes done and put away.

DH called and said they were probably going to start packing up a few things. I expect him home early. They are expecting more rain down there. (he is in the very Southeast corner of Missouri. And he still has to get his truck and trailer out. Hopefully that is. It is pretty muddy. Our friend E.T. from Texas is going to come back for a day or two also. He gave me a message to have some more cookies ready..LOL... I told them I couldn't because they took all the oranges with them. I make a yummy Orange flavored cookie that is out of this world. E.T. had me make a copy of the recipe so he can make them when he gets home.

Smile.

Madeforyouinma11
May 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Maybe you need to close the door and let everyone know that when its closed, it's "Nana time" and you are not to be disturbed. An hour or two a day of "Nana time" will keep you refreshed and happy. They can wait a little bit for the snack, dresses and blankets. Take care of yourself, make yourself happy again! :).
Good Morning. Think I'm feeling better than yesterday - guess some of the meds do help a bit. Slept well, slept very well. So, today it's hit the sewing room again and hope that I can get through the day without someone coming to ask for helping to make a doll blanket or someone wanting me to dress a stuffed monkey, or someone needing a snack . . . I love my grandkids but for some reason I don't think I lead my own life any more.

Okay - now that I've rained on your parade I guess I'd best get off here and see what I can accomplish.
Sending lots of hugs, warm wishes, prayers where needed. May your day and your heart be filled with glorious sunshine!!

MayinJerset
May 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Have you checked with HD to see if they will honor the coupon? There are lots of stores that do that.

Good idea and worth a try. Thanks, May

kensington
May 7th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Hello Blondie and all. We spent Saturday and Sunday on a weekend trip seeing a new area, eating out and staying in a hotel. BLAH! I'd rather be in my own home. But, we had fun. Coming home was nice, and the house was so quiet and peaceful yesterday. DH had seats to the Royals game and sat right behind home plate, so I got to watch him on TV all afternoon. LOL. So funny. Last night, nothing but quiet around here. So I am all rested up and full to the brim with peace and quiet.

Thinking about calling my brother now that his ear is all healed and meeting up for dinner. Will probably meet up with DH and FIL for dinner tonight though for Taco Tuesday! Woot! For Taco Tuesday! Mailing DH quilt off to quilter this afternoon too.

The weather is wonderful today! I hope everyone else is seeing the blue skies and sunshine I am seeing out my office window! Have a nice day!

GinnyKNC
May 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Now the day is almost over - Hello Everyone
It's been crazy around here. I finished up the panther quilt over the weekend and it's at it's new home. I've also been busy at work due to my contract ending tomorrow. Trying to get everything in place so nothing is a miss on the projects that I've transitioned. I did accept a new contract that starts Monday :) That stress is over with - the mortgage will be paid lol. I've starting cutting the material for my nieces lap quilt and hope to get that done quickly so I can move onto the baby stuff. Springs Creative's Spring sale is Friday and Saturday so I will be driving to SC for that :) Awesome deals and well worth the drive.
It isn't raining today - YIPEEE
Have a blessed day everyone and may the sunshine at your feet

Jean Sewing Machine
May 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Our internet has been down all day. It's up sporadically right now. Just wanted to wish everyone a good day. I have a girlfriend coming for lunch, so I have to run. Will check in later if I can get back online. Hugs, Barb

Did you see MSQC Facebook post? Their's is messed up as well. Wonder if central Mo. Is all having troubles?

kensington
May 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Did you see MSQC Facebook post? Their's is messed up as well. Wonder if central Mo. Is all having troubles?

I'm not, I think it depends on the Provider Jean. Our internet comes from a Radio tower. They said who theirs was, and it's not the same as mine.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 7th, 2013, 08:21 PM
I'm not, I think it depends on the Provider Jean. Our internet comes from a Radio tower. They said who theirs was, and it's not the same as mine.my son and wife had the radio tower for a While, now they have something else, they are pretty far from the nearest town, at least one that has a population more than 50.

Blondie
May 7th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Jean, I meant to say earlier welcome back home. So glad that you had a great time at WDW but I bet your own bed felt great!
Hugs
Blondie

my son and wife had the radio tower for a While, now they have something else, they are pretty far from the nearest town, at least one that has a population more than 50.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 7th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Jean, I meant to say earlier welcome back home. So glad that you had a great time at WDW but I bet your own bed felt great!
Hugs
Blondie
Thanks, Blondie! I survived the Tower of Terror! My 8 year old grandson was the only one who woud go with me!