PDA

View Full Version : Back from the big Island!!

Hawaii Roxy
May 7th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Well Im back from a 5 day mini vaca on the big island Hawaii the weather sucked!! rained the WHOLE time! BUT......I managed to score some AWESOME Hawaiian fabrics for me and some for Kathy WOOT WOOT!!! im gonna dig in and start my very first quilt tomorrow!!! Im super excited and IF it turns out Ill post pics :)

kensington
May 7th, 2013, 02:52 AM
What do you mean, "If it turns out"? Silly rabbit.

Hawaii Roxy
May 7th, 2013, 02:57 AM
lol well ya know Im scared to cut stuff heck I still aint cut the first piece I bought lol

Musical_Starling
May 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM
lol You'll do fine! Just keep the fingers AWAY from the blade of the rotary cutter. And don't stick your index finger out straight and then let your hand slip down the handle either. Not that I've done that. *ahem*

Momofmonsters5
May 7th, 2013, 03:10 AM
lol You'll do fine! Just keep the fingers AWAY from the blade of the rotary cutter. And don't stick your index finger out straight and then let your hand slip down the handle either. Not that I've done that. *ahem*

lol I have the 45mm rotary cutter that you don't have to worry about that with but a friend doesn't...ouch I did that twice with hers. You'd think I would have learned the first time.

Momofmonsters5
May 7th, 2013, 03:12 AM
You'll do great on cutting....measure twice cut once and when you hold the ruler, place your hand in the middle and hold it down with you finger tips not the palm of your hand and it wont move or shift as much.

kensington
May 7th, 2013, 03:13 AM
lol well ya know Im scared to cut stuff heck I still aint cut the first piece I bought lol

Haha! I've been quilting for years and I still get nervous about making that first cut in new fabric! That's natural!

bkthomas
May 7th, 2013, 05:44 AM
When you go to get batting and backing fabric don't forget fabric for binding!