PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed please.....

Bailey65
May 6th, 2013, 01:21 PM
a dear cousin was in a motorcycle accident lastnight. She spent 4 hours in surgery repairing her leg. She had to have a rod placed in her upper leg and below the knee is quite mangled. If you could pray for her, she is in alot pain and doesn't like pain meds.

Also got a call from a dear friend that her Mom is dying. She is only early 30's and her Mom mid to late 50's. I having been through this myself at the age of 21 knows that there are no words of comfort one in such circumstances. My heart aches for her knowing what she will be dealing with. I myself think I cried everyday for at least a couple years after my mother passed away.

For all you ladies out there who are SO fortunate to still have a Mom, please give her an extra Hug and you can never see I love you to many times!!!! Do something Extra Special for your Mom this Mothers Day! You never know when they may not be here.

Sorry for the rambling, I just have a heavy heart today :(

mom4him
May 6th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your friend and your cousin. I will be praying for wisdom for the Drs, speedy healing and comfort for your dear friend. Loosing a parent is difficult it seems at any age.

shannonsaulter
May 6th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Prayers will be said just being there will be of comfort..

still learning
May 6th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Prayers are on their way for your cousin and your dear friend and her mom. I lost my mom 13 years ago, and my husband lost his mom just last month.

SallyO'Sews
May 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Prayed for them just now... Please keep us posted.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Meli
May 6th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Keeping you and your loved ones in prayer!

Iris Girl
May 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM
prayers being sent. It is never easy losing your mom, mine has been gone for 19 years last month and I miss her like crazy, she was only 60 . I tell all my friends to love and hug mom every day and enjoy her as you just never know.

kensington
May 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Praying for healing for your cousin. Comfort and peace for your friend. I lost my mom when I was 23 and you never stop missing them. NEVER... that day just does not come. There will always be a day you want your mom. Peace.

IBake
May 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Fannie, I am so sorry about your cousin. Please pass the little bit of knowledge on to her. I am a long term pain person and will live in some degree of pain for the rest of my life. What I have learned about pain meds is this...her body is fighting a battle to heal herself. If she is reluctant to take pain meds, then her body will be fighting two battles. One to heal her body, and one to try and combat the pain. If she can see to take the meds, her body can then fight the healing battle first. As one of the pastors on the TV here says, "not a sermon, just a thought."

I hope that she heals quickly, and my prayers are with her as I know how difficult pain can be.

quilter.martha
May 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Fannie, prayers that your cousin recovers completely from her accident. And, I know exactly what you are saying about your friend losing her mother. It is so hard, no matter how old they are. I lost mine just 1 1/2 years ago. This will be my second mother's day without her. I think we will always want our moms, no matter how long they've been gone.

Sandy Navas
May 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Oh, Fannie - I think there are four of you who definitely need prayers today. Sending them now and I'll keep all of you on my list. Many hugs.

bkthomas
May 6th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Always......

ilive2craft2
May 6th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Added them to my prayer list. Not easy to be in pain, hopefully she will reconsider and take some pain meds.

It is difficult at any age to lose a parent. We lost my father in law 14 years ago, my dad 3 years ago and my mother in law 7 months ago. This will be the first mother's day without her. Prayers for all involved. Lisa

auntiemern
May 6th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Prayers being said for your cousin and your friend. This will be my 2nd Mother's Day without my mom. It may get a little easier, but the pain is always right at the surface. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

Grandma G
May 6th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Adding my prayers to all the others. It is a difficult time for all of you. I'm sorry for your pain, physically and emotionally at this time. Stay strong.

CrazyMtnLady
May 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Prayers being said.

MRoy
May 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Prayers said for your friends and for you too.

Bailey65
May 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I just wanted to "THANK" ALL of you for your kind words and prayers. It means more to me than you can ever imagine.

My cousin is now up and alert but still in a lot of pain. I also found out last night that she had dislocated her hip too and they had to put it back in at the scene before putting her on the stretcher. She will be in traction for a while but they did get her up once yesterday and I guess it was excruciating :(

lilmouse
May 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Keeping you, cousin and friend all in prayer....way too many motorcycle accidents every season...lost my Mom when I was sixteen and that was many years ago and I still miss her....so many milestones missed by her!