PDA

View Full Version : Another Rainy Monday

Blondie
May 6th, 2013, 06:48 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Monday morning here, raining steadily and rather chilly. It has been feeling more like early March rather than early May the past few days. Time seems to really fly - I truly have no idea how May arrived so quickly. Thanks again for all your smiles, thoughts and prayers for Mom and the rest of us the past few weeks. She is a remarkable person - gets sick in a blink of the eye and rebounds- slowly but surely. I tell her all the time she is like a timex watch - takes a licking and keeps on ticking. You should know that the three of us (sis, mom and I) have our morning intercessory prayer together and she is quite familiar with many here in the forum who are needing prayers. You never know just who considers you daily and where they are from. Blessings!

This past weekend - Saturday was fairly long for me at work; right after I got home, Luscious insisted I go with him to Harbor Freight. I enjoy going there, kept thinking of the link to the lady with the quilt tip videos of last week.
Sis and I did stay with Mom on Saturday night - we didn't watch any tv/videos as planned. We didn't play any cards, nothing. The three of us sat around and yakked and yakked until about 2 in the morning. Who would've thought that we could think of that much to speak about? We intend on the peddies and Midsomer Murder soon. Apparently, we forgot all about being productive; thank goodness we did get quite a few giggles out of old photos.

The rain that arrived here yesterday is supposed to linger until Wednesday - I may just have to build the ark. I know some of you have had another wintry blast - my sympathies there. The chill here is bearable except for the veggies. The ground has stayed too cool and wet; the big guy said some of the seed has rotted in the soil. blah!

On that thought, I will say have a wonderful day. I am going to finish cleaning the frig out. I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to find out what is causing such an offensive smell whenever I open it up. I have already found a few oldy, moldy things - I won't tell you that those items must be ancient because I don't even remember eating much less saving those leftovers. I even had Luscious pull the frig out to sweep and mop under it! Wow! Now if we could only find out how we got a mouse in a wall and how to get it out . . . the scratching is quite unnerving.

Prayers, blessings, hugs and SMILES!

dwil23
May 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Good Morning, Blondie! Yikes, a mouse, that would unnerve me for sure. I'm kinda squeamish about any kind of uninvited critters in my house (or any enclosed area I am in). My friend and co-worker got a laugh out of me the other day when I went into the restroom and came out much quicker than I went in. There was a roach in there! A giant roach, like one that could eat New York!!! Give me spiders and snakes any day if you keep roaches away from me. I don't know why I am so terrified of them, but I am. Pretty sad for a Florida girl who lives under oak trees where they like to breed.

Anyway, I FINALLY finished up the quilt for my above said friend's Mom for Mother's Day. She is going to Orlando today to deliver it. We ordered the fabric last fall and, well, life (and overtime) got in the way. So in typical for me fashion, I finished it up and slid across the finish line just in time.

Now, back to house cleaning, laundry and all those other fun things that take up too much of my time. Every one have a Blessed day!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Blondie and forum members, from the happiest place on earth, DisneyWorld. It's 5:54 as I type this, and my son. And family just left for the airport. We had so much fun the past two days, after a miserable rocky start Friday evening. That about did me in, I thought I was going to have to spend the next two das in bed to recover from getting chilled and walking in the rain for hours. But we managed to survive, rode the major rides ( I still love the Tower of Terror!). Yesterday we saw 6 shows at Hollywood Studios, Disney does know a thing or two about putting on a good show! Great entertainment! Today, Before my plane leaves, I'm going to meet a St. Louis CAST MEMBER ( in a real show here at Disney!) for lunch at Downtown Disney, a young man who was born to entertain who was in our local theatre groups and is taking his turn supporting himself as a professional actor. That will be fun!

But I'll be glad to be home among my other family and my quilt fabrics tomorrow, and in my own bed! Everyone have a blessed day!

P.S. is it still raining in Missouri? Hope the snow "Left the building(aka No. America)"!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 6th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Good Morning, Blondie! Yikes, a mouse, that would unnerve me for sure. I'm kinda squeamish about any kind of uninvited critters in my house (or any enclosed area I am in). My friend and co-worker got a laugh out of me the other day when I went into the restroom and came out much quicker than I went in. There was a roach in there! A giant roach, like one that could eat New York!!! Give me spiders and snakes any day if you keep roaches away from me. I don't know why I am so terrified of them, but I am. Pretty sad for a Florida girl who lives under oak trees where they like to breed.

Anyway, I FINALLY finished up the quilt for my above said friend's Mom for Mother's Day. She is going to Orlando today to deliver it. We ordered the fabric last fall and, well, life (and overtime) got in the way. So in typical for me fashion, I finished it up and slid across the finish line just in time.

Now, back to house cleaning, laundry and all those other fun things that take up too much of my time. Every one have a Blessed day!
Hi dwil23--sad to be leaving your fair state today, yesterday was the most perfect weather day I've experienced in a long time! Glorious, clear blue sky, gentle breezes, warm but not too warm, low humidity! Wish I could bottle it up and take some home with me! Thank you Florida!

Blondie
May 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Jean, I am so glad that you were able to enjoy some liquid sunshine and all the trappings that WDW offers. That is the only thing I really miss about living in Orlando years ago. I used to go to Disney at least once a month. Good memories.

Blessings
Blondie

Monique
May 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning friends. What a wonderful weekend I had. We had the 'golf tournament' and I won the ladies and no I wasn't the only female there. I really had a good time. I had to drag my husband home early because we were leaving early yesterday morning for Montreal to visit Greg & Roxy. The weather has been fabulous in the 90's. Another one today. Greg & Roxy, Les and I had live lobster for dinner yesterday. We had a wonderful visit. I will be spending the long weekend with Roxy this year. Hubby always goes to the camp that weekend. I am going to help Roxy make her new cushion covers. We already bought the fabric. Phil called last night to see if I could keep the girls that weekend because Greg invited him to spend it with him. Little did he know that I would be there too. I feel so guilty saying no. I have never refused to babysit. He told me not to worry about it, he would work it out. Jodi is away that weekend too.

Anyhow, another 6 days of work left. It has been fabulous working there. I have learned so much.

Time to get ready and I also have a dentist appointment this afternoon too. OY!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Well time to get ready.

Bubby
May 6th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

It's STILL raining and cold here. It looks like we will be using the furnace until summer! Jean, glad you had a great trip despite the rocky start!!!

I cleaned out our fridge this morning and threw several things out. Jeff brought a lot of things back from his trip that I had to incorporate into the fridge.

I worked on a little JRR quilt for PICU yesterday. It will be for the Fall delivery. I'm also going to work on a monkey quilt for the kids.

Today is Jeff's first day back to work after taking several days off. He will be off Wednesday for Truman Day.

I hope everyone has a good Monday. Jean, have a safe trip home!!

aliaslaceygreen
May 6th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning!!! No more sleeps till vacation for me!! Just 5 hours of work, then finish packing....we leave for Florida tonight; should be near Pensacola sometime tomorrow early... Spend a day or so there, then we head for New Orleans for Thursday, Lafayette, LA by Saturday....

I will pop in and out, I am sure, during my vacation, but ---BEHAVE yourselves and play nice!

Ok, well, you don't HAVE to behave, but HAVE fun!! And take any hugs you can get!

Iris Girl
May 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Foggy here today but then thats typical of this area we sometimes don't see sun till 11 or so unless we go over the mountain. yesterday I finished weeding the flower bed around the birch tree and mulching it , planted the iris that countryhut sent me . looks like a partly sunny day today with rain moving in mid week. glad you had a great trip jean. sending my box out to marilyn today .

MRoy
May 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning! It's rained or drizzled here since Friday night and it's chilly. I have the gas fireplace lit to keep the chill out. Blondie, I'll help you build that ark cause we're supposed to get still more rain. Nothing special here during the weekend...I didn't want to get out in the yucky weather. Jean, I'm glad your trip turned out well. Enjoy your date with your friend and have safe travels home.
Wishing all a safe and blessed Monday!

buckeyequilter
May 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs & Prayers

Lonna
May 6th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Trish enjoy your vacation! When you are in New Orleans face the north and give a wave. I am right across Lake Ponchatrain in the little town of Ponchatoula. Although during the day I will be at work in Hammond. Enjoy New Orleans so much to see and do.

aliaslaceygreen
May 6th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Trish enjoy your vacation! When you are in New Orleans face the north and give a wave. I am right across Lake Ponchatrain in the little town of Ponchatoula. Although during the day I will be at work in Hammond. Enjoy New Orleans so much to see and do.
I will wave indeed!!!
Thanks! Recommend any quilty locations? And NOT to be missed touristy things to add to my overly ambitious list? I always like to ask everyone....when a place/thing is recommended by more than two people it moves higher up on my list!

Cathy F
May 6th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Morning All!

Up early this morning (3:15) as I couldn't sleep and get comfortable with my back so I got on up and read for a while, Kristin Hannah's new book Fy Away, which is very good. Looks like another nice day which is good cause hubby and one of his friends is going to attempt to put together the greenhouse my husband got for an early fathers day gift from our daughter and son-in-law. I think I will go in hiding while they work, allot of huge boxes out there, and we all know most men do not read instructions :) So off to the sewing room I'll go and try to finish up a quilt top for my neice's baby shower.

Hope everyone has a good day, hugs and prayers to all that need a few extra.

CrazyMtnLady
May 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Good Morning all. It is chilly this morning and looks damp but it is not raining....Yippee! DH said that they have had so much rain and a bit of snow at the rendezvous that some of them can't even get their trucks out of the muddy camp site. Hopefully the next few days will dry things out for them. I think he is suppose to come home on Friday. I need the next few days of nice weather to get some work done around here. I need to clean out the refrigerators too, the one in the outdoor kitchen is pretty much empty so that will be easy, but the one in the house really needs to be gone through and expiration dates checked and a bunch of stuff tossed. I don't know why I hate cleaning out the fridge so much but I do.

I just couldn't get going yesterday. I had such a headache that I pretty much laid down and stayed quiet most of the day. But I have to get moving today and get things done. A friend is coming over later to make a payment on a purchase he made so I actually have to get dressed and NOT stay in my pj's all day. :( which is my favorite item of clothing. Some women are addicted to buying shoes...I love pj's. LOL.

Katie (the mule) is hee-hawing for me to come out and feed her and Pete (the horse). They are just going to have to wait until I get at least one cup of coffee.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Mom23
May 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Blondie, it is so good to have you back. Glad to hear your mom is doing well. She is so blessed to have two wonderful daughters. Same story, different day here! Rain, rain and more rain. Maybe tomorrow we will get a little sunshine. Yesterday all three kids were here for 7 whole hours. We celebrated Mother's Day a week early since our youngest leaves for Croatia and the Netherlands tomorrow. We might celebrate a week early all the time so my son and daughter in law don't have to show up and leave after 2 hours so they can get to her family.

I haven't turned the sewing machine on since Friday and it's not looking like I will be sewing until Wednesday. I have been working on my hexies while sitting in my chair. We will be going to the airport in Chicago tomorrow so that will allow 8 hours of sewing in the car!! I hope hubby doesn't make me drive, I have sewing to get done. :icon_bigsmile:

Have a wonderful week. My morning and evening prayers always include my "friends on the forum" so blessings to you.

Mpyles
May 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Good morning all!!

Such a nice feeling to not have to go to work today!! DH is on vacation as well, so I do have some company...so far he hasn't stepped on my rhythm of vacation. He was suppose to go off fishing...but as you have heard around the forum the weather in Missouri sucks right now. So they didn't go.

Jean...I love WDW!!! Best vacation we have taken as a family!! Love downtown Disney as well!
Blondie....sounds like a good weekend with the family.
Monique...congrats on the win!!
Cathy...I downloaded fly way and read it yesterday....not my fave Kristin Hannah book, but not bad. It was a bit depressing to me...but it ended well. I guess I am a feel good reader.
Donna...it's all the dishes you have to wash from the leftovers that never got eaten.....I would give anything not to clean out the fridge!!

Didn't make it to best buy yesterday...for the project grad goodies...but DH and I are going today. Baccalaureate was very nice. I made my daughter mad afterwards.....hmmmm...who would of thought. They are planning a senior prank and I had an opinion about it to some other moms...I mortified her....if she actually would have heard what I said...that I thought my daughter was bright enough not to do anything vandalizing and that I had confidence that she would leave if anyone was.....but nooooooo....she assumed I was ruining her life......

Anyway...everyone have a great day!!!!

EnumclawGramma
May 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Good Morning. It's another sunny day here, and it's expected to reach 80. Unusual for here but it's a good thing.

We had a really difficult weekend. My daughter's beloved Black German Shepherd became severely ill, she took him to emergency care yesterday and they discovered he had a serious tumor and there was nothing they could do. They told her he could rebound but that he wouldn't last more than a few months, even with surgery and chemo. She brought him home with meds to keep him comfortable and he passed in the car on the way home. She was with him, right by his side. This is extremely hard for our entire family as he's been a member of our family since he was a little black fur ball. He was our watch dog, my DH's sidekick who made numerous trips with him to the woodshed at night, my DGD's constant companion since she was 5 and the gentleman who kept me company on quiet afternoons here at home. We have another black and tan shepherd and my Cavalier Mollie, and they're both completely out of sorts. Sad day in my home...and will be for awhile I'm afraid.

So.....asking for prayer. Any of you pet lovers know how difficult it is.

Off to get my DGD ready for school. And to find a reason to smile.....

dwil23
May 6th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Good Morning. It's another sunny day here, and it's expected to reach 80. Unusual for here but it's a good thing.

We had a really difficult weekend. My daughter's beloved Black German Shepherd became severely ill, she took him to emergency care yesterday and they discovered he had a serious tumor and there was nothing they could do. They told her he could rebound but that he wouldn't last more than a few months, even with surgery and chemo. She brought him home with meds to keep him comfortable and he passed in the car on the way home. She was with him, right by his side. This is extremely hard for our entire family as he's been a member of our family since he was a little black fur ball. He was our watch dog, my DH's sidekick who made numerous trips with him to the woodshed at night, my DGD's constant companion since she was 5 and the gentleman who kept me company on quiet afternoons here at home. We have another black and tan shepherd and my Cavalier Mollie, and they're both completely out of sorts. Sad day in my home...and will be for awhile I'm afraid.

So.....asking for prayer. Any of you pet lovers know how difficult it is.

Off to get my DGD ready for school. And to find a reason to smile.....

I am so, so sorry to hear this. Yes, I do know too well how you feel. I have lost many pets over the years and it doesn't get any easier. We lost my DD's little dog and soulmate to cancer last year. We treated him at great cost and it did no good.

(((((hugs to you all))))

dwil23
May 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Hi dwil23--sad to be leaving your fair state today, yesterday was the most perfect weather day I've experienced in a long time! Glorious, clear blue sky, gentle breezes, warm but not too warm, low humidity! Wish I could bottle it up and take some home with me! Thank you Florida!

Glad you had a good time! The weather has been exceptionally beautiful the last few days! A little Cool and breezy. Low to mid 60's at night, low 70's in the daytime. Perfect. Wish it was this way year round.

Have a safe trip home!

Sandy Navas
May 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Everyone seems to be leading similar lives around here, avoiding weird weather, busy with friends and relatives, putting up with kids and animals. Where is the perfect life - definitely not even close around here.

I worked yesterday and was on my feet about 95% of the time and oh, my aching dawgs let me know loud and clear. I came home and hit the wall hard. Then it became quite evident that I've been attacked by a miserable sinus congestion/head cold thingie and I am miserable. At least my favorite night-time meds for this condition let me sleep soundly. I'm not certain just how long I can make it being upright today though I am hoping I get some sewing time in.

Tonight is quilt guild and little Miss Emily won't let me miss a beat. We are supposed to be hostesses tonight and she wants to bake homemade cookies - the look on her face when I told her no way Jose. She just wants to make certain all the included ingredients are something that she'll eat. That kid wants (doesn't get to) live on peanut butter on toast. I remember when she told me that the only food that was good was peanut butter, graham crackers, and hot dogs. She has broadened her diet a bit but not much.

I feel as if someone has nailed one of my feet to the ground so that the only way I can move is to go in circles. It is maddening when there seems to be 360 degrees of serious things pulling at me at once and I have no idea where to go next.

To everyone here, may the day be filled with bright and wonderful blessings, and may you always know the true meaning of fun!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwma13oOD11qbnrqd.jpg (http://allthingsnuclear.org/nrcs-post-fukushima-response-going-in-circles/)

WendyI
May 6th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Libby so sorry for your family's loss...it's never easy when a beloved pet dies. :( (((HUGS)))

I pulled the "weekend" warrior routine on my gardens...got three yard bags of weeds out and pruned all the shrubs that the rabbits decimated...still have two more huge beds to go...have to sweep up from my non-blooming wisteria...stupid thing is BRUTALLY messy and doesn't give me any flowers! Year five this summer! grrrrrr. I keep threatening to rip her out....but she does provide lovely shade. sigh.

So I'm at work but feel like a train wreck...lots of advil today for my achey bones. It's gorgeous here but apparently we're supposed to get our fair share of the rain that's been happening elsewhere. Hope I can get the rest of my mulch down before that happens!!

Hope you all have a fantabulous day! Jean can't wait to hear about WDW!!

auntiemern
May 6th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Blondie, so happy that you got to spend a wonderful night with your Mom, and that she is slowly but surely recovering.
Jean, glad the rest of your trip was enjoyable.
Libby, so very sorry for your loss. Our furry friends are part of the family, and the loss of one is unbearable.
Trish, and Mary, have fun on your vacations.
Sandy, try to rest up as much as possible.
I actually had a pretty productive week end, got one quilt finished, and another top done, just waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. Hugs and Blessings to all, prayers for those in need, even the ones that don't know they do.

MayinJerset
May 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Wow, it is after 10 am and I am just getting started. Was up at 6:30 and watching TV news but I was tired and fell asleep again - not the best way to begin a day that I had big plans for. Had a nice time at Guild's Tea yesterday, enjoyed the little sandwiches more than the desserts and they all were way too sweet.

Wonder if all the rain many of you are having will come our way as we haven't had any in some time. Was depending on some spring showers to get the grass growing in the re-seeded parts of our lawn.

Off to catch up with laundry and cleaning out fridge - no funkly odors but some stuff has been in there much too long. Better get moving before the morning is completely gone.

bakermom
May 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
It's cool but sunny here. I'm getting ready to go help with GS while mama is in the hospital with baby #2- A BOY!! Alex was born Sunday afternoon, a big boy, nearly 9lbs. both mama and baby are doing fine. I'll be back at the hospital to visit after DH gets home tonight. Otherwise it was a quiet weekend, got to visit with my sister, brother and sister-in-law while we were waiting for the call from SIL.

MayinJerset
May 6th, 2013, 12:51 PM
It's cool but sunny here. I'm getting ready to go help with GS while mama is in the hospital with baby #2- A BOY!! Alex was born Sunday afternoon, a big boy, nearly 9lbs. both mama and baby are doing fine. I'll be back at the hospital to visit after DH gets home tonight. Otherwise it was a quiet weekend, got to visit with my sister, brother and sister-in-law while we were waiting for the call from SIL.

Welcome to Alex, his is a big boy.

Madeforyouinma11
May 6th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Good morning everyone! Well today is sunny and and should reach to about 66 degrees. Libby, I'm so sorry for the loss of your furry friend...it is so hard losing them. Hoping everyone going on vacations have a great time and be safe out there. To everyone needing prayers, know that they are coming your way.
Well, I have taken a week off from just about everything but the absolute necessary. I told myself that I was taking a week off after my daughters baby shower. Before that I was doing something every minute of the day to prepare. So since its been a week, it's time to get back to it. First on the list is the week is cleaning out the fridge for the trash tomorrow. Seems to be on a few people's lists today. Also need to do some vacuuming and wash my kitchen floor. Either later today or tomorrow, I am going to start on my spare room for the baby and my sewing room. Since the spare room is used for " stuff that has nowhere else to go", it's going to be a challenge for sure. I have to think about color for the walls and making a crib set.
Well, it's not gonna get done if I stay here, so off I go! Have a great day everyone!

shannonsaulter
May 6th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Good morning everyone!!! It's my last day off back to work tomorrow...my weekend was stressful with family in from out of town..they did not come to ser us they came to use us as a hotel and babysitter...needless to say I heldy temper but was quite put off
by them..I was unable to enjoy my sewing machine until late yesterday nut did manage to enjoy ...
made carne asada tacos for dinner the DH AMD both DD's watched Wreckin Ralph what a cute movie..hope everyone has a great day..I plan to relax and watch the rain..

Lonna
May 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Libby so sorry to hear about the loss of your wonderful fur baby. It is so hard when we lose a four legged member of our family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Trish my favorite day in New Orleans if we are starting out early is to go to Cafe' Du Monde first for cafe' au lait and beignets. While sitting there watch the street artist set up around Jackson Square. Then take a walk down Decatur st towards the French Market and wander around the market for awhile. If still in that area around lunch time it is alway lunch at the Gazebo Cafe my favorite is a shrimp po-boy, DH will some times get either a oyster po-boy or the gumbo. The Gazebo Cafe is all outdoor sitting and they almost always have a little jazz band playing. It is right by the entrance to the French Market. Now if we go later in the morning it will start off at the Gazebo Cafe then into the market then a walk down Decater St to Jackson Square and St. Louis Catheral. If you do not want to eat the Gazebo Cafe then wander down Decatur to the Central Grocery and get you a muffuletta a cold drink and walk across to the Mississippi river and sit down to eat and watch the ships on the river while you eat. From there we may wander over to Bourbon Street visit a bar or two. Normally Crazy Cats or the Famous Door, always have to stop in the little shop called "Yester Years" and sometimes a stop in Maire Leauve's Voodoo shop. Then head back to the car that we always park across from Jackson Square and walk along the river along the Moonwalk and watch the mighty Mississippi for a little bit and then head home back across the lake. This is one of my favorite days in New Orleans but there is also City Park to explore, the Cemeteries (would only do this with a tour guide), tours of the Garden District or if you are into ghost and vampires there are for those also. Outside of the city a drive down River Rd will take you past a lot of old plantation homes. If doing that then Live Oaks is a must see. But what ever you do I am sure you will enjoy New Orleans.

bkthomas
May 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Just a quick little hello Hello :icon_hi: to say I am back on-line, haven't read everything here but looks as though condolences are in order for Libby - Sorry for your loss - I L O V E this house,and am counting my many Blessings every day!!!!