PDA

View Full Version : Need a little motivation

Mchelem
May 6th, 2013, 02:47 AM
To finish my WIP's.

I have a few started that I need to finish, and one on the table I need to quilt.

I'm also in the process of planning a vow renewal and trying to lose 10 pounds so I don't have to alter my dress. The next 50 days are going to be hectic....

Someone tell me it will be okay and that I can do this!?!?!?

Cathy F
May 6th, 2013, 04:27 AM
You can do it! I tell myself I do my best work under pressure!

K. McEuen
May 6th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Okay, first thing ... if you only have to lose 10 pounds in order not to alter your dress, GOOD FOR YOU!

You can do it, as long as you aren't a stress eater. Sounds like you have a lot on your shoulders, but just put your mind to it, try to keep a good attitude, have fun and on the WIPs, pick something small to finish first. That sense of accomplishment will spur you on to do more.

nana margaret
May 6th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I'm a great list maker, I would write down what I wanted to get done on each day and concentrate on that one thing - don't think about the other things otherwise you get overwhelmed, tick each one off as it's finished. It always helps me to see things like that, mind you don't know whether it'll help with your 10lb weight loss - if I knew the answer to that one I'd be a happy bunny! Good luck and I'm sure you can do it!:icon_bigsmile:

WendyI
May 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
YOU CAN DO IT!! And only 10 lbs!!?! You go girl!

Now what's a WIP?

Quiltlover
May 6th, 2013, 11:28 AM
WIP is the same as UFO...Work in Progress. Unless you were teasing. I have lots of both of those and I have a motivation problem too. My sympathies. My daughter was telling me about her strange condition.....lack of motivation at home and at work. Well, DUH, she surely didn't invent that one. LOL

SallyO'Sews
May 6th, 2013, 02:12 PM
You can do it, Michele! Enjoy the process ... and don't forget to post pics of the WIP's when they become ADFP's (All Done Finished Products) and of you in your 10-pounds-less dress!

kensington
May 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
You can do it! Do you live near a Subway restaurant? Eat one of their "under 7" sandwiches every day! I lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks eating only Subway so I could fit into my gown for the Navy Ball! It worked. I ate two 6 inch subs a day! For snack at night... just popcorn. It goes by fast too!

Iris Girl
May 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I gave up soda last year and lost 20 pounds and I wasn't even a big soda drinker

Ellimay
May 6th, 2013, 03:46 PM
First of all congrats on renewing your vows. Losing 10 lbs. I know you can do it. As far as the quilts right now
prioritize which is more important to complete and take a big breath and take time to relax before your
vow renewals, so your not too tired and stressed for the event.
Congrats and good luck hun. :icon_calm::icon_calm::icon_calm:

shannonsaulter
May 6th, 2013, 04:38 PM
You can do it!! Please post pics of all as the time comes...
Drink lots of water and if you have stairs you can use them as a work out..

Mchelem
May 7th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I'm a great list maker, I would write down what I wanted to get done on each day and concentrate on that one thing - don't think about the other things otherwise you get overwhelmed, tick each one off as it's finished. It always helps me to see things like that, mind you don't know whether it'll help with your 10lb weight loss - if I knew the answer to that one I'd be a happy bunny! Good luck and I'm sure you can do it!:icon_bigsmile:
Lol I have lists of my lists!!