PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, Feb 10

Blondie
February 10th, 2011, 08:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/PatchworkFlowergm-vi.gif

Good Morning, Ladies!
Stayed with Mom last night, and just got in a little while ago. Boy oh boy has it been cold. School is on a delay because of snow, so I at least get to see hubs before he gets ready to head out the door.
Let's see, the groundhog made his appearance last week, so after this week, it's only 5 more weeks til spring, right? I don't think I have ever anticipated spring more in my life. And wait til you hear me bellyache about the heat in the summer, lol. I am a perfect weather kind of gal, so heaven will be wonderful on every level, hehehe.

Since we are in the second week of February and I feel time slipping through my fingers again, I think I will make a list of all the projects I make each month to help me realize that I can be productive.

Gotta dash off - will try to check in later

Blondie

janluna
February 10th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Blondie, that's right I didn't see my shadow so spring will come in 5 more weeks. Of course if I had seen my shadow, spring would come in about 5 weeks. lol I love messing with humans. signed the Groundhog! :icon_woohoo:

sally
February 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Good morning...Groundhog day...must have missed it. Sigh going back in my mind to warm beaches....OKAY OKAY snapping out iof it. With all this snow this year I fiqure spring will be here in time for Canada Day / Independence Day...July in other words...:icon_bah:
Didn't get anything accomplished at home yesterday...tonight I have a sewing class and swimming.
Coffee is ready....talk to you all later!

janluna
February 10th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Bragger! LOL I should be so lucky!

SuzyQue
February 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Bitter cold here again, but not snowing. Roads are fairly clean and clear. The sun is shining and forecast is for warm weather this weekend. Days are getting longer and spring is coming............eventually. That just heralds in the season of mud for me! Warmer days and buckets of warm water to clean behind them! Not really complaining......every season has its issues to deal with! I feel blessed to have ever changing seasons to enjoy!
Enjoy your day.....whatever issues befall! SuzyQue

patticakes
February 10th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Morning! Gloomy here in Florida this morning but I am not complaining by any means as it was -20 degrees (actual temp!) at home. My CA brother showed up earlier than scheduled last night to surprise us and it was a wonderful reunion. We stayed up late chatting about old times and looking at pictures of our parents life.
Today the guys are golfing and I am going to have a girly day shopping and searching out fabric stores!
I tired to catch up to everyone by reading the posts but anxious to get on the road!
Wishing you all a wonderful day!

toggpine
February 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Morning Everybody!
Dashing off for the Thursday speech therapy marathon and as a bonus I am snack mom for pre-school today too! Whoo Hoo! That puts me home just in enough time to start supper. So no sewing until after dinner and farm chores. I did figured out I could sneak in a bit of cross-stitch during the morning therapy session.
I'll catch up with you all later!
Have a great day!
Cathy

middlesis1966
February 10th, 2011, 05:19 PM
:icon_wave: Afternoon ladies. How is going? Abit cold here. Im so ready for summer. Of course Im not bikini ready just yet, lol. Havent been for years, lol. Im so sick of all the dang layers and the huge heat bill. Wow this summer/winter has really been a pocketbook emptier. Everyone try and stay warm today.

Welcome back Shauna!:icon_wave: Im so glad you had a fab time. Im sure it was rough coming back to all the snow. I dont blame ya for the mental flashback. :icon_heh:

Blondie
February 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hi Ladies
Paula, you and I must have been typing the same time. I hear you on the layers of clothing and I haven't even looked at a one piece not to even mention a bikini since I left Florida years ago. I would turn heads today but not in the same way, hehehe. There is a certain satisfaction though in being middle aged. I really don't care much what folks think of me any longer. There! I've said it! I haven't let myself go to pot, understand, I just don't get all dolled up to walk to the mail box these days. On days when I feel that I look rather cruddy, I just drive into the next town and grocery shop. I figure those folks don't know me and if they ever saw me again, they wouldn't know it was the same bag lady.
And YES, it is freezing cold here still! The wind is more than bit brisk. The snow is all but gone from the morning, thankfully.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/maxineboobs.jpg

Off to start shake rattle and roll the old pots and pans for dinner. I do plan on making a springtime cake for desert. Lemon Orange Cake - mmmmmmm good.

middlesis1966
February 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
LOL Blondie on the pic. But I need a closed caption saying its so cold my TE are chattering, lol. :lol:

debinmalaga
February 10th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hi all! NJ is sunny and cold today, much of the snow is gone. Probably less on the ground than we've had since Christmas. The woods have that mottled snow/dead leaves mix that is just teeming with squirrels and birds. A good day for a quick walk believe it or not. It's a balmy 31 degrees!

Finally, I was able to go to a meeting of the local quilt guild... snow and ice have cancelled the last two meetings and I was nervous about going by myself. I must say it wasn't the experience I was hoping for :-(. Don't want to talk bad about 50 people, and maybe it was just an off night, but everyone had their cronies and there was a lot of nasty talking about one another going on. As an outsider with no one to talk to <G> it was 2 hours of people watching and then a hasty retreat at the end of the meeting. I probably should have lingered, but other than the President explaining the rules and introducing me to a few officers, I was on my own. I thought of all my quilting friends on the forum, and realized again what nice people you all are :-).

To be fair, like I said, I didn't hang around after the meeting, I just left. If I get up my nerve to go again I'll force myself to linger :-). Sounds like they make a lot of quilts for charities as well as supporting, monetarily, local charities. Dues are $15 a year and there are 90 members total, with about half that many being at the meeting last night, and maybe a dozen in positions of leadership. They were looking for six volunteers to make queen sized (yikes!) quilts for Habitat for Humanity, and they support with quilts and money a local organization and shelter for women, among quite a few others. So if I can feel comfortable and go I could participate in something meaningful.

Anyway, wanted to share my experience with my dear friends :-).

Blondie
February 10th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Hi Deb
I understand how you feel. I visited a local group once and it was the same for me. Perhaps you can find someone or two through a local LQS that wants to start a girls night sew in.
I don't do well in large groups. I am a one on one kinda gal.
The sun is out here but still COLD. I have heard on the news that next week will be lovely with temps in the 60's! Oh YAY

quiltingtrish
February 11th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Aww Deb - sorry to hear that's how the meeting went. The Guild I started going to - a few years ago my old quilting teacher asked me to come on out to the meeting. I didn't cause sometimes I am shy (even though some of you won't believe that!). Well, then I ran into my teacher again and she said that the bickering got so bad that the group had just about disolved. I thought that was crazy cause adults shouldn't act like that. Anyways, with some revamping, it's up and running again. I joined last year and am glad I did. I was ready to start a small group on my own - just a few friends here that like to get together, but never did - but it's an option if you continue to go and they keep up their bickering. I mean, who wants to get a chance to get out for once and have to listen to all that. Even if it's just one or two friends that might live around you, that would be fun to get together if there is a home that has room to get together in.

Blondie - how did you know that's what my boobs were doing for the past 2 days here? If they shook any more, I could have lost a pound or two on them! It got to about 55 in here - crazy, I know, but the part finally was installed this morning. Good thing, I won't have to go out and buy new smaller bras. haha!

I am tired. Can you tell? Last night I had to run in to the city to get Odie some underarmor to keep him warm. Didn't get home until late. Today, had to pack up lots of stuff he asked for and get it to the post office real quick after work.

I can't believe it's midnight. I guess I better get to bed. I don't know how the time flies so fast.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I must say it wasn't the experience I was hoping for :-(. Don't want to talk bad about 50 people, and maybe it was just an off night, but everyone had their cronies and there was a lot of nasty talking about one another going on. As an outsider with no one to talk to <G> it was 2 hours of people watching and then a hasty retreat at the end of the meeting.

Deb, I am so sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience after waiting for so long and having several meetings canceled. I remember going to a women's group meeting years ago and they claimed they were the 'welcome committee' to greet all the new women in 'camp'. IT was nothing but a bunch of cliques and I was not even spoken to . . . some welcoming group. I don't blame you for not hanging around. I wouldn't have stayed, either. One thing that I truly dislike in life are cliques . . .

Ask around and you may find that there's another group close by that would be for better surroundings and offer a more congenial gathering.

Come join me here in MO . . .we'll jump up and down and cheer you on and open our hearts to you.