PDA

View Full Version : A new toy!!

Mpyles
May 5th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I mentioned in my good morning Saturday post that the quilt store was having a sidewalk sale.....well this morning my hubby was in the living room watching a sewing show....I know! Right!...anyway he was yelling down the hall at me to come watch. They were embroidering on something. He asked did my machine do that...I said no but they are having a sale at the quilt store today, I would like to have something that did. He asked how much they cost, I said I had no idea. Well I went to the sale and bought 10 fat quarters for 10$. While standing in line I noticed the deco on sale, so as I was leaving I stopped and looked at it. As i was leaving I texted my hubby and told him they had one on sale. A little while later, while I was at a fundraiser, he text me and says happy mothers day and ask if I can meet him there, he wants to make sure he buys the right machine. I asked around the fundraiser if they could spare me for an hour...and off I went!!

I got a deco 340 embroidery machine!! I am so excited and I have made one flower on it!! Woohoo!! I have a really great hubby!! So I asked for gift certificates from the kids!! Lol! Just had to share!!

bakermom
May 5th, 2013, 12:07 AM
what a nice gift! Enjoy!!

Lisapc
May 5th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Congratulations! That hubby is a keeper!

ilive2craft2
May 5th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Have fun! What a great gift!

auntiemern
May 5th, 2013, 12:27 AM
He is a keeper for sure. Congrats on the new machine.

mom4him
May 5th, 2013, 12:51 AM
AHH! How sweet is that!

brook
May 5th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Wow! what a great gift and a great guy!

Hulamoon
May 5th, 2013, 01:09 AM
What a sweetie!

shannonsaulter
May 5th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Ah how wonderful!!! WTG hubby!!

Sew Perfect
May 5th, 2013, 02:31 AM
I think this so sweet. Your husband gave you an amazing gift because a seed was planted on the sewing showing show. Thats so cool!

HdWench
May 5th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Mary *score* on the wonderful husband AND your new machine! Will look for some amazing creations in Show and Tell.

That is so cool!

:-Debbie

Cathy F
May 5th, 2013, 05:37 AM
What a great hubby! have fun with your new machine.

Iris Girl
May 5th, 2013, 05:48 AM
grats!!!! wonderful gift enjoy!!

Bubby
May 5th, 2013, 06:05 AM
That's a Mother's Day gift yo will remember forever! Congratulations! I hope you enjoy machine embroidery...I LOVE it!! Barb

shermur
May 5th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Wow, Mary, your husband is wonderful! I told my youngest that all I would want for Mother's Day is quilting stuff; in fact, I sent my wish lists to my hubby. Hope it works and congrats on the new toy!!!! Woo hoo is right!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 5th, 2013, 08:48 AM
How cool is that! Congratulations and enjoy! Wonder what he'll be getting for Father's Day?

Roxanne
May 5th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Wow! Lucky girl. I have a good husband also. I could see him doing something like that.

CrazyMtnLady
May 5th, 2013, 09:14 AM
That is awesome. Congratulations.

Sandy Navas
May 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Mother's Day present? Al would probably tell me: "You are not MY mother . . . "

Congratulations. Wait until you get some of these embroidery patterns on your quilt tops!!

asta
May 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
That is a wonderful surprise. Now, what are you planning for his Father's 'day gift?

Mpyles
May 5th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks everyone, I am excited! I know next to nothing about it or how to use it. The next class at the LQS is on a Friday day..which I cannot do. So I think that, means July or August until I get my tutorial class. There is no way I will be able to wait that long to learn something on it...so gonna have to teach myself until then.

He is a pretty good hubby! I balked at first..noting that I needed to buy DD graduation gift and that we would have two in college in t4 months...but he just said I have the money for her gift and life is too short! Besides you use the heck out of your sewing machine, I am sure it will get used. So....who am I to argue....

Thanks again for the kind comments...I love this community!!

Ellimay
May 5th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Great hubby. Don't you just love getting new toys LOL WTG

WVGranny
May 5th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hope you enjoy it for many years to come

GrammaBabs
May 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Have fun!!! They open up a whole new world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy.. hugs, GB

Gayle Russell
May 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
What a wonderful man! Happy Mother's Day indeed!

turena65
May 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Woohoo! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Cat n bull
May 5th, 2013, 01:46 PM
SWEET! Way to go Hubby! I LOVE sewing machines, they are the BEST toys!

I can't wait to see what you make with your NEW machine. Have fun!

WendyI
May 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
What a doll...something my DH would so do as well. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am..thanks for the reminder and congrats on the new toy!!! Can't wait to see pics of what you've done!

SallyO'Sews
May 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
So happy for you! Your hubby sounds like a keeper! :icon_tup:

Monique
May 7th, 2013, 07:13 AM
He is definitely a keeper!!