PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Room previous 10x12 Turned in MY dream finally!

HdWench
May 4th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I am So happy!!! You can't see how beautiful the Peg Boards came ou Miter Framed on back. I painted them in a wine faux cracked leather tehnique over that icky white peg board, Lovely to look at!!!

Rhonds's Amazing Mug Rug hangs in there Proudly as well as my Quilt Escapee--- More ideas I'm working on but hopes this help folks see how much functional furniture carefully arranged in stations you can get into a Spare Bedroom

More fabric to fold. I've the Long FQ's in a plastic bread box, leaving lid off, and storage clear boxes for tons of my "all cat/dog quilty stuff. Without reuilding the bookcase shelving closer on each one, can't use the comic boards *yet*

Did I mention I adore my Peg Board - Rulers, Sissors and for now Quilt Escapee and Rhonda's Beautiful Mug rug ((((Thanks Rhonda much too pretty to set Coffee on!! :-) Think of you often now as I'm creating.

Found a 5 small drawer "tool" caddy that I love holding new needles, spare pins, Rotary Blades (new and used) small to to take up much space and $1.50!

An parked and unused TV stand cabinet gave me TONs of space- Batting in close doors on (R)46572

Bread Box hold LONG Fq's pretty, Storage Box for my aminal fabrics but

Best find - Cute Orange boxes you put together with Velco inside and Jelly Rolls fit. 3 Boxes of those, and 1 I used forr the really small folded FQ's to see by color what's in there. Jelly Roll collectors - Hope there is an online store - They had these on Discounted down to a Buck! Regular price $4 -- And worth it to ME

I am a messy creator, so this may look like God Awful to you, but it is quickly transforming in my Sewing Haven.

See any other ideas you want to ask Please post!

Nice Oak Bookcase for Bolt of Quilting cottons *yard sale* find matched our solid oak TV cart to a Tea!

So, rather "Sew" perfect for hiding my stash of Jelly Rolls -- In another box (Orange) I've got really small folded Fat Quarters to see what color - and a top to keep DH from seeing ALL my quilting fabric in ONE space :-)

When Quilting I add the Styrofoam to lift quilt UP to need height - Really helps my necks and shoulers relieve pressure.

HdWench
May 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Would Love to see other cool finds for storing stuff - The orange Boxes for Jelly Rolls and the never used Plastic Bread were to of my recent LOVE how they work -- Show the cool tools and methods you use :-)

Thanks for looking (obviously NOT done, but So Close I had to SEW something, besides folding fabric for too many day hahaha

:-Debbie

OH took Doors off closet and can fit my 60-90" bolts on the double rack side ledge, above are clear shoe boxes filled wtih lacy trim a other trim. Moved a unlove night stand IN the wider section (1 rack) and hang my quilt on hangers about it, while still being able to get to the little foo faa in there.

Bedtime but worked hard to show and See all the other creative ideas

still learning
May 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
This looks great. Please tell where did you get those orange boxes? I love what you did in your sewing room.

still learning
May 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
This is what I bought for my sewing room this year. My sewing room is small too, but I put it in front of the closet door. It's easily moved when I want to get in my closet.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-10-Drawer-Trolley-Cart/20750756?findingMethod=rr

This is great to store any number of things in.

shannonsaulter
May 4th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Looks Great.!!!! Keep the ideas coming..

bubba
May 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM
This is what I bought for my sewing room this year. My sewing room is small too, but I put it in front of the closet door. It's easily moved when I want to get in my closet.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-10-Drawer-Trolley-Cart/20750756?findingMethod=rr

This is great to store any number of things in.

I have these drawers too!! Bought them several years ago at Costco and never put them together till about a month ago. Originally I bought them for scrapbooking....now they are for quilting! I have an Ott light on top that shines down onto my ironing board and my Ipod sits right next to the light. I then zip tied my wooden thread holder on the side bars so they are handing right next to the machine. Still trying to figure out what to put in the drawers....I know it will come to me.

ilive2craft2
May 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Debbie, it is looking great! I will be moving into my son's room as soon as he finishes moving out this weekend. It is currently a big mess, but I can't wait!!! Sad that the kid has moved on, but that just means I have done a good job as a mom, right? Lisa

Hulamoon
May 4th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Debbie, it is looking great! I will be moving into my son's room as soon as he finishes moving out this weekend. It is currently a big mess, but I can't wait!!! Sad that the kid has moved on, but that just means I have done a good job as a mom, right? Lisa

Lisa I'm finally getting over my dd moving out. But she hasn't come back to clean in a week or so after the first couple of times. I did say go slow but not this slow!

Your room looks great Debbie! no tips though. Except I love my peg board. I put a little shelf above mine for some special treasures.

They were family things so I look up and smile at them:)

mommadeb
May 4th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Looks great!

HdWench
May 5th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Maria -- They were from Factory 2 U discounted down to $1.00 EACH!! They had them in Red and Black, but I thought a sewing room would be better with some Pops of color like our quilts :-)

They are just fabric outside, drop in bottom that feels like it has maybe cardboard in it? Then that wonderful inside set up is fabric with tons of Velcro strips to attach to the inside of the "box" The Lid I need to add velcro to so it stays shut - But I'm thinking of ways to make these -- Just for $1.00 it was too easy to buy!

LOVE that Cart (and the price) from Walmart - Thanks for the link! That would fit perfect in the taller closet side and I could send to the garage the matching night stand to the bed I already *kicked* out

Hula -- I love the shelf idea that is great and I bet your treasure make you smile :-) took 3 weeks for hubby to get my pegboard cut in 1/2 so I could paint... May have to wait another MONTH for him to hang a shelf :icon_heh:

Lisa - YEAH!! Your own room too - ok a moment of sadness because you did such a great job raising them, the kids left -- OK Celebrate! Yahooooooooooo A sewing room - Gosh I'm excited for you too. Can't believe I waited years and years for this, good luck and hope you can move in soon.

PS Just noticed I did a double post Opps and 2 of the same photo *oops double*
Finally it is beginning to look almost neat in there

Happy Crafting

kml1764
May 5th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Nice sewing room! I've a 2-bdrm condo and for the longest time, I had been using my smaller room as a "storage, hide-it room." So once I started getting into quilting, I've decided to do some redecorating and moving. Since the only thing I do in my bedroom is sleep, I figured, why not move my bedroom to the smaller room and use the master as my new sewing room...probably about 14X12". I'll put up pictures when I am set up. So excited!

Enjoy yours!
Kris

HdWench
May 5th, 2013, 06:32 AM
That's a Great Idea Kris!! True, sleeping can happen anywhere - why give up a huge room for that?

14x12 sounds like you will have plenty of space to set yourself up a wonderful room - Please post photo's ! I love to see everyone's ideas and where they "create"

Thanks

Debbie

buckeyequilter
May 5th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Nice sewing room!!! Thanks for sharing your photos.

I have two of those rolling carts....love them. I keep one by my sewing machine with all my thread, sorted by color, in the top drawers and tools and supplies in the lower ones. I have the other by my embroidery machine with the same things in it. They also give the room a nice bit of color.

I just bought a bulletin board for my room so I can keep track of coupons and store flyers and such.

Iris Girl
May 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM
46732my best storage unit is an old simplicity pattern cabinet. I got that when the store I worked in went out of business. top drawer is full of patterns, second drawer is patterns and a couple of ice cream buckets full of buttons, third drawer has section of zippers, a section of elastics, a section of trims and a section of paint brushes. bottom drawer has my batting rolls and interfacings. on top of that sits a set of drawers that was sold for sewing machine supplies (looks like nightstand kind of that is full of,more patterns, purse handles, rulers and templates, bias tape makers for making my own binding. on top of that sits a storage box filled with tricot from my clothing and lingerie days. then my old sewing machine sits next to that a few other buckets of *things* also sit there.my sewing table sits next to that and then my serger table with 1 serger on top and one stored inside. on the other side of the room is my puter desk with the printer on top and a small 3 drawer storage unit with marking supplies and more rulers, next to that a 4 stack of Michaels recollection storage, wonderful stuff with another printer on top that, then hubbys puter desk and then a stack of 8 tubs of fabric (working on organizing that onto comic boards. at the end of the room the washer and dryer. yes its tight its only 14 x 6 foot room. but we make it work.46728467294673046731
don't look at the mess please!!

HdWench
May 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Iris! How cool you were able to get the old pattern storage! geeze never thought about that when our local Joann's moved and was selling all it's "fixtures'! It really looks like you have made it work well and I adore your purple machine cover!

Thanks for more ideas (nab the next pattern cabinet from some store going OUT :-)

Debbie

Iris Girl
May 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM
LOL I need a bigger room but well it works.. purple cover on sewing machine over the hardshell case because my fur baby loves that too, see her in the picture her back to the camera on top of the box that covers the serger left of purple sewing machine. Love my furbaby

Cat n bull
May 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
LOVE the room Deb! It's so nice to have your own Woman Cave that's nicely organized and just waiting to have beautiful things created in it!

My room is starting to get overflowing again...I THINK my fabric is breeding! LOL! I seem to have quite a bit more of it than I did just a few months ago....

HdWench
May 5th, 2013, 08:15 PM
LOVE the room Deb! It's so nice to have your own Woman Cave that's nicely organized and just waiting to have beautiful things created in it!

My room is starting to get overflowing again...I THINK my fabric is breeding! LOL! I seem to have quite a bit more of it than I did just a few months ago....

YES!! A Woman Cave - the man cave is back patio with mini-fridge, grill, smoker, outdoor wok blah blah!
So nice to have a Woman Cave -- ohhhh ^ "mini-fridge" may have to claim that!!

Cat - while we are sleeping they are making Fabric Babies!!!! Oh and your new Sewing Machine *whooo hoooo* Where did you put that??? I think you need another redo to make more room - Can you take the wall down on the left or right of that door in your room? I think your sewing machines are ALSO making babies at night!

((((Cat))) Thanks! yeah got another big order coming in this week from MSQ - SO glad I nabbed more of those Orange boxes to hide Jelly Rolls -- May have to wander by Factory 2 U and get some more - Even Full Price they are only $5.00!!!!!!!

I don't know where you put your New Love? I remember your room.... seriously time to "expand" :-)

still learning
May 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I've posted these pictures before, they were taken quite a while ago, and now every shelf is crammed with fabric.46736467374673846739

HdWench
May 7th, 2013, 08:42 PM
What a great space Maria!!!! You are so organized it looks wonderful with a place for everything!

Were you able to find those Boxes?

I am going back to Factory 2 U tomorrow and score a ton more of these!! I realize everyone may not have access to this store --

PM me if anyone wants me to get them 1 or more -- the ones in the Sale bin I got were $1.00!!! Ok bright Orange but I don't care :-) The "normal" price was <$5.00!!! and they had them in red or black got to see if there were another other colors I missed.

I'm going tomorrow so let me know if you'd like me to get you one - I also can fit the folded FQ's great in there too

this is the photo - as well as Jelly Rolls storage *wooo hoo*

Haven't done a search online to see if they Sell Online!!! *duh* Factory2U

HdWench
May 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM
What a great space Maria!!!! You are so organized it looks wonderful with a place for everything!

Were you able to find those Boxes?

I am going back to Factory 2 U tomorrow and score a ton more of these!! I realize everyone may not have access to this store --

PM me if anyone wants me to get them 1 or more -- the ones in the Sale bin I got were $1.00!!! Ok bright Orange but I don't care :-) The "normal" price was <$5.00!!! and they had them in red or black got to see if there were another other colors I missed.

I'm going tomorrow so let me know if you'd like me to get you one - I also can fit the folded FQ's great in there too

this is the photo - as well as Jelly Rolls storage *wooo hoo*

Haven't done a search online to see if they Sell Online!!! *duh* Factory2U

**Edited to say I just did a search - no online sales but stores in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada...

If you want to check here is their link

http://www.factory2-u.com/aboutus.html

Cat n bull
May 7th, 2013, 11:40 PM
YES!! A Woman Cave - the man cave is back patio with mini-fridge, grill, smoker, outdoor wok blah blah!
So nice to have a Woman Cave -- ohhhh ^ "mini-fridge" may have to claim that!!

Cat - while we are sleeping they are making Fabric Babies!!!! Oh and your new Sewing Machine *whooo hoooo* Where did you put that??? I think you need another redo to make more room - Can you take the wall down on the left or right of that door in your room? I think your sewing machines are ALSO making babies at night!

((((Cat))) Thanks! yeah got another big order coming in this week from MSQ - SO glad I nabbed more of those Orange boxes to hide Jelly Rolls -- May have to wander by Factory 2 U and get some more - Even Full Price they are only $5.00!!!!!!!

I don't know where you put your New Love? I remember your room.... seriously time to "expand" :-)

HAHAHAHA! Yes, my sewing machines HAVE recently multiplied! I like my room too much to change rooms. BUT we do now have TWO empty bedrooms upstairs! So naturally the closets are filled with some of my sewing room overflow. I now have a hallway shelf too.

I moved my old costume making binders off my desk and put Princess, my Creative 4 on it. It IS a little tough for me to sew on such a HIGH desk, but I can manage. I leave her embroidery unit on. So far I am having so much fun with the new Creative Performance (his name is Tyrian) Princess hasn't gotten much use. She needs a thorough Spa treatment, since I discovered I was hooping my fabric UPSIDE DOWN for forever, which is WHY I had so many needle breaks! DUH!!

So poor Princess has had SO MANY needles jammed into her bobbin case, she needs her timing checked out and needs to be checked over for nicks in her bobbin case.

Tyrian is set into the table. The acrylic surround fits him perfect!

Sew Perfect
May 8th, 2013, 03:10 AM
I can't believe I have missed out on this thread until now! I so love everyone's pictures and ideas! I picked up a hutch top at a reused store. I decided to use it in my "Woman Cave" ...the only this is, I would like to paint it white.

Today I was in Lowes and found all kinds of great storage ideas and units. My wheel were spinning, but since I was there for other reasons I forgoed purchasing such items for the time being.

Thank you for sharing all of your ideas...I so enjoyed reading and looking!

HdWench
May 8th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Oh Cat would love to see your new "woman cave"!!

Misa -- Isn't Lowes full of GREAT ideas!!! Oh a Hutch would be perfect for Fat Quarters and so much more - do post your cave when you get it painted, love seeing where everyone creates!

My walls are all Desert Tan almost white that's why I really needed more color on those peg boards. Love how everyone uses different things for storage -- Come on folks -- get some pjoto's!!

No you do not have to clean up first :-)