PDA

View Full Version : Took the cat to the vet

Hulamoon
May 3rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
Now he won't come out of the carrier. lol Well he does but now I can't store it because he loves it so much. I was trying to clean up But now I'm stuck with a pet carrier in my living room.lol

Musical_Starling
May 3rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Now he won't come out of the carrier. lol Well he does but now I can't store it because he loves it so much. I was trying to clean up But now I'm stuck with a pet carrier in my living room.lol

I thought my cat was the only one who did that lol Glad to know I'm not the only one who owns a weird cat :icon_giggle:

Iris Girl
May 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Thats awesome my cat hates the carrier soon as she sees it come out she knows nothing good gonna happen and she hides. Ever try getting a cat in a carrier when they are spread eagle? even treats don't make her go in.
In fact I called my hubby to come check this picture out and the cat looked this way and took off... like I could get her in a carrier in a picture on the puter...

Musical_Starling
May 3rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Thats awesome my cat hates the carrier soon as she sees it come out she knows nothing good gonna happen and she hides. Ever try getting a cat in a carrier when they are spread eagle? even treats don't make her go in.
In fact I called my hubby to come check this picture out and the cat looked this way and took off... like I could get her in a carrier in a picture on the puter...

lol That reminds me of our Shadow who passed last year. The ONLY way to get her in the carrier (and she cried like she was being tortured the whole time) was to pick her up by her two front legs, put the carrier up on its end and slowly lower her in. Even then she fought like crazy but at least hubs could get her in without causing (much) harm to both of them lol

Divine Daisy
May 3rd, 2013, 09:02 PM
Seamus needs a new box now and then.....try a cardboard box for him. Maybe that will tempt him away
mind you, then you have to live with a box lol

HdWench
May 3rd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Awww such a cute baby!!!! Yeah they are all paws when pushing them in, then you got to "dump" the carrier out at the Vets - They SURE want back inside then..... I know it's been an experience since he still wants the safety of the carrier :-) oh hey I have worse things than carriers laying around the living room hehehe Cat climbers, trays of toys... what's a carrier or 4?

Glad he's home safe and will come out when he is darn good and ready!

:-Debbie

K. McEuen
May 4th, 2013, 02:31 AM
When I was a teenager I had to take our cat to the vet by myself because mom was at work. Charlie hated riding in the car and would try to climb over your back when you were carrying him toward it. They didn't know what cat carriers were back then. He loved getting into paper bags, but I figured he might rip his way out of it. Well, seems a pillowcase was as good as a paper bag to him. He crawled in, I put a twist tie on it and placed him in the front seat of my car. He meowed most of the way, but otherwise laid there calmly. I walked into the vet's office carrying the bag by where it was closed. Half the people in there ran out, thinking I had a big snake in the bag. One lady thought I was just horrible for putting him in there and told me I needed to open the bag so he could breathe. It was all I could do not to tell her what an idiot she was.

Hulamoon
May 4th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Seamus needs a new box now and then.....try a cardboard box for him. Maybe that will tempt him away
mind you, then you have to live with a box lol

Lol I'll wait and see how long this carrier thing lasts. I don't want to take his little apartment away. lol

Karen I tried the pillow case along time ago too. Oh brother what a fiasco. Then wrapping a kitty in a towel to clip nails. Now I do that when they are sound asleep. It's hard owning a cat. lol

Musical_Starling
May 4th, 2013, 04:19 AM
When I was a teenager I had to take our cat to the vet by myself because mom was at work. Charlie hated riding in the car and would try to climb over your back when you were carrying him toward it. They didn't know what cat carriers were back then. He loved getting into paper bags, but I figured he might rip his way out of it. Well, seems a pillowcase was as good as a paper bag to him. He crawled in, I put a twist tie on it and placed him in the front seat of my car. He meowed most of the way, but otherwise laid there calmly. I walked into the vet's office carrying the bag by where it was closed. Half the people in there ran out, thinking I had a big snake in the bag. One lady thought I was just horrible for putting him in there and told me I needed to open the bag so he could breathe. It was all I could do not to tell her what an idiot she was.

You should have shoved the pillow case on over her head and asked her if she was suffocating lol

Lol I'll wait and see how long this carrier thing lasts. I don't want to take his little apartment away. lol

Karen I tried the pillow case along time ago too. Oh brother what a fiasco. Then wrapping a kitty in a towel to clip nails. Now I do that when they are sound asleep. It's hard owning a cat. lol

My cats lost interest in the carrier when I took the blanket out to wash it. Cold plastic apparently isn't comfortable. As for their nails, we made sure with both of our girls to clip their nails (with the little scissor looking clippers) from day one. Boots is completely fine with it now (she's 5) and Tinkerbelle is.... okay.... She's still not too flipped about someone squishing her toes to extend her nails, but you can usually get two paws done before she starts to squirm too much. With our oldest cat who passed last year, she was 13, and she was an old champ! Never once did she squirm or meow, and you just had to put one finger in the middle of her paw and she'd extend her claws and you could clip all the way around lol Sad thing is, she was MIL/FIL's cat for the first 6 years and it took two of them to clip her claws, one to hold her and soothe her and one to clip as fast as they could :icon_giggle: But some cats just DON'T want them done. Ever. Most will get better after a while though, they just realize they're not getting out of it so they might as well save some energy and have a nap lol

rebeccas-sewing
May 4th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Dee - Just read the John Lennon quote. At the age of 5 to say such a thing, he was a pretty smart guy wasn't he?