PDA

View Full Version : HUH!!!

Genny
May 3rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
Here it is May...and its snowing like...well you know what... I've seen on TV where Northern Iowa was getting around a foot of snow....:icon_shake: Hello "Mother Nature"...its MAY...give us a break. On the other hand, I didn't have to go to work:D

Have a great day everyone! Genny

CrazyMtnLady
May 3rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Stay safe if you have to venture out. The news this morning is saying there have been quite a few accidents in the Springfield area and they have not gotten anywhere near that much snow. I think it is just mainly slick roads.
Only raining here... :)

nanaleslie
May 3rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
SNOW? We have had a very long winter already. Snow in May just sucks. We have just had beautiful weather here in Ontario, Canada for the last few days and it is supposed to stay warm and sunny for the next 14 days or so. I feel for you, but please keep the snow south of the border please! Stay safe!:icon_bigsmile:

Genny
May 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Our snow, here in Southern Iowa, will probably be gone by tomorrow because its supposed to turn to rain by this evening and rain most of the weekend. Hopefully it doesn't rain like it did here a few weeks ago when we got around 8 inches in less then 24 hours. A lot of homes had flooded basements. We were lucky, ours stayed dry.

WendyI
May 3rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
YUK! So sorry you have this. Snow in May is just cruel!!

mom4him
May 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Sounds like South Dakota. Everyone was complaining about the snow here a couple of wks ago because it was April. I keep telling people that until after Mothers day we can get dumped on. When I was in high school we got over 3' of snow on Mother's day week end.

Right now I am just praising God for every drop of moisture we get. It was so dry around here last year that the fire danger was volital. People in the country were afraid to leave their place for fear of fire spontaneously breaking out.

shannonsaulter
May 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
It's just crazy..stay safe!!

Tanya D
May 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Yep, we aren't out of the woods yet. Although it's nice out today and will be nice all weekend, we can get snow into June and last frost usually isn't until the beginning of June.

I wore flip flops yesterday and today. I tell ya, my toes were loving the fresh air and wiggle room! :)

SandyWhite
May 3rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
We are having the strangest weather.

Mpyles
May 3rd, 2013, 09:09 PM
It's snowed here almost all day. If its not snowing it was sleeting. It's miserable cold and yuuuuucky outside! What the heck!! On the up note.....(singing)..I'm on vacation!!

kensington
May 3rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
YUK! So sorry you have this. Snow in May is just cruel!!

I know right? It snowed all day long yesterday. It's so cold and dreary here today. UGH.... Spring has not sprung yet.

HdWench
May 3rd, 2013, 09:37 PM
uh don't hate me BUT :icon_heh: it's been nearly 100 the past 2 weeks and it would almost be a relief to put sweats back on!!

I'm with Tanya, toes loving being in sandals but not this kind of heat this early *ugh* Guess Mother Nature is tossing weird weather everywhere

alliek
May 3rd, 2013, 09:49 PM
OOOOH I would not like 100 in May. Here in VA we are usually in the high 70's 80's during the day now, but have been in the 60's and yesterday I put the heat on to get the dampness and cold out of the house! No Snow though!!! I am not a hot weather child at all, so I hibernate inside with the AC on during the summer which gets pretty hot here. Really not looking forward to that! Are we ever content?? I'm sure those people in southern CA who are in the midst of those fires would trade with any of us. I'll not complain any more. (I hope)