PDA

View Full Version : Breezy Tuesday!

Blondie
February 8th, 2011, 07:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/00qA0518icT.jpg

Good Morning!

Can sure tell that Lady Winter has not left us yet. That wind is just a howling, making our wind chimes sing. It is a very cold wind. I am still thinking of everyone less fortunate than myself who received such a blast from that icy cold princess last week and still being visited. I believe she has overstayed her welcome this year.

Trish, I hate that Odie got so sick! And Katie? Girlfriend! I am so glad that my children are grown. Teen years really stink. My kids were great during that time but as I said before, two of the three went buck wild after high school, lol. So many of my dear friends are with you on that sea of teen emotions. Will say an extra prayer for you and Katie!

Hoping that I can spend the day in the basement with my Dinah kitty and work on the shirt blocks for my friends. I brought the dresden blocks in for the one local sister to see. She took pics of it with her cell phone and wept. She can't wait to have her Daddy's arms around her again. I don't think that they is enough useable fabric to make 3 quilts but I am determined that they will each receive a quilty from it. I may be able to make three laps and a pillow or two. I like a challenge.

Big hugs.

Blondie

toggpine
February 8th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Morning Blondie!
I am just heading off to bed. I had to send that stupid presentation one slide at a time and it took f o r e v e r!

To help stretch the shirt fabrics what if you alternated plain fabrics in the dresden fans? I think it is such a wonderful way to keep part of their dad with them. You are so sweet!

Well, I am certifiably punchy and I haven't even been hitting the bottle.
I'm off for some zzz's if I can get the roosters to SHUT UP! The stew pot for you, do you hear me?!? I have home-made noodles in freezer just waiting for a nice chicken in the pot.... :icon_heh:
i love living on a farm.
Take care until later when the sun comes up, and I come back for a proper visit!
Cathy :icon_bored:

Onetiredmomma
February 8th, 2011, 09:32 AM
My family just spent a long weekend visiting friends, and we arrived home yesterday. I woke to inches of snow today and a sore throat. Yuck! I've got to get to work this morning, but HAVE to finish a baby quilt that I started. My girlfriend had her baby and I hope to deliver the quilt and food to her this week.

It's so nice being home, but whenever I go away I need a few days to get back in rhythm...

rebeccas-sewing
February 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Goodnight, girls. It's almost 1:00 p.m. here in London. Just thought I'd check to see if there are any night owls out there in the good ol' USA. I see there are a few of you. The sun is actually shining in London today!!!! Don't even see a cloud in the sky. Miracle of miracles. I need to soak up some of those rays while they last. I'll walk to the store so I can make cheddar chowder for dinner. I need to pick up some potatoes. ( Won't need my shopping cart today, just a backpack.)

Tonight we go to the pub to have a drink with another US couple. The husband works with mine. Always nice to meet new folks. Joe's off to Saudi Arabia on business this Friday. Don't have any interest in traveling there so I'll stay here and sew. I'm really hoping when we go to Norway that I can take my 12lb. Janome on the plane. I doubt the weather will be all that great there so my book and sewing should keep me occupied while Joe's working. Have any of you read GONE WITH THE WIND? I've seen the movie a number of times. The book is really as wonderful as they say!

Sleep tight American ladies.

debinmalaga
February 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Goodnight, girls. It's almost 1:00 p.m. here in London. Just thought I'd check to see if there are any night owls out there in the good ol' USA. I see there are a few of you. The sun is actually shining in London today!!!! Don't even see a cloud in the sky. Miracle of miracles.

...Have any of you read GONE WITH THE WIND? I've seen the movie a number of times. The book is really as wonderful as they say!

Sleep tight American ladies.

How interesting to hear about London! Glad you got some rays, they are in short supply this time of year but oh so necessary! I have read Gone with the Wind a few times, and it's a great read! Enjoy!

Elaine
February 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Good morning ladies, Had to have my husband bring me to work this morning because of icy roads here in SW PA. I almost had an accident last week sliding on icy roads and I was not going to do that again. This truly seems like the longest winter. I cut my finger pretty bad last night cutting an apple so I don't think I will be sewing for a few days. I'm am just finishing up a quilt and I am anxious to start either the disappearing 9 patch or the dresdin plate. Haven't made up my mind yet. It's a little hard to type. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay warm.

patticakes
February 8th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hi my quilty peeps!
Just stopping in to say hi from sunny Florida! We arrived safely yesterday to a wonderful 75 degrees and windy! We visited with my dear SIL and went off for a nice little ride past the beaches and Anna Maria Island.
Cooler but sunny today and we are heading off to the Red Barn for a little flea/farmer market action. Nice not to have an agenda til Thursday, when my California brother (who I have not laid my eyes on in 8 years!) will be here. Surely to be some tears at that reunion!
Toodles!
Patti

debinmalaga
February 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hi my quilty peeps!
Just stopping in to say hi from sunny Florida! We arrived safely yesterday to a wonderful 75 degrees and windy! We visited with my dear SIL and went off for a nice little ride past the beaches and Anna Maria Island.
Cooler but sunny today and we are heading off to the Red Barn for a little flea/farmer market action. Nice not to have an agenda til Thursday, when my California brother (who I have not laid my eyes on in 8 years!) will be here. Surely to be some tears at that reunion!
Toodles!
Patti

Enjoy, Patti!

Sandy Navas
February 8th, 2011, 12:12 PM
No time to read - I'm headed to Missouri Star - nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

rebeccas-sewing
February 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Smart pants!!!

rebeccas-sewing
February 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
How interesting to hear about London! Glad you got some rays, they are in short supply this time of year but oh so necessary! I have read Gone with the Wind a few times, and it's a great read! Enjoy!

Thanks, Debi. I'm lovin' it!

Blondie
February 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Rebecca
I enjoy reading GWTW every few years. I find it fascinating how the real story reads after seeing the movie. Scarlett was much more of a scoundrel than the movie made her out to be. I could hug her and pull her hair at the same time.

Another book that you may enjoy reading if you haven't already is another old book, this one by Daphne Du Maurier named after YOU! Rebecca. That movie came out at the same time as GWTW I believe. Anyway, I thought the movie was horrible but love love love the book.

sally
February 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Morning Ladies. I am back! It is so hard to get back in the groove. We had the BEST vacation ever.:D The weather, the beaches, the sand, and the people it was all fantastic! Came home to snow and more snow. Uggh. I miss the blue skys so much! Started back to my quilting Sunday but last night jet lag hit me hard and I crashed at 7:30. Anyhow missed you guys. Jan, Suzi and you other eastern girls I waved at you! :icon_wave:

EsGrandma
February 8th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Ladies, thank you for cheering me up! Have a cold and feel crummy - can only dream of warm beaches and envy the trip to MSQC. Hearing about the new book and reading texts from over the pond and Canada - really made my day - thanks!

toggpine
February 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM
OK, I feel better after some sleep!
Shauna & Patti have warm beach vacations & Sandy is going to MSQC. If that isn't enough to make a girl jealous I don't know what else would do it! Oh, yeah, Congratulations Shauna on winning the tumbler ruler right before you headed off to the Bahamas! :D

I can see why you might want to stay home in London. Although, there are some folks around here who have had just about enough of the snow and ice that anyplace that has sun and sand is starting to look pretty good about now! The cheddar chowder sounds yummy. Which reminds me I need to think about what we are having for supper. Well, probably do more than think.

I need to clear the cutting table of my paperwork and then I can forge ahead on the stuffed aardvarks I am going to make. THEN maybe I can get to that honey bun....

You all have a safe and productive day!
Cathy

Lola2Ace
February 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Good afternoon all!
The weather is nasty here again too.
Sally, glad you are home safe, but I know you are missing the warm beaches.
Patticakes, glad to hear you made it safely, absorb all of the warmth and sun that you can. I am so excited for you seeing your brother!
Cathy, glad you got some sleep, hit those aardvarks and then the honey bun!
Sandy, sooo jealous of your visit to MSQC! I have checked out the trip there, it's a 12 hr. drive for me, but am hoping to make it someday.
I read GWTW many years ago, but will have to read (or listen to) it again. I just finished 'The Confession' by John Grisham and it's a good book. I put in 'The Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch, only about my 10th time, and I love it more every time.
I got my Hunky Dory jellyroll all cut into pieces for a friendship braid quilt, and started piecing it, LOVE it! I have the binding on the girly quilt 1/2 handstitched down, and I can't wait to get that done and wash it.
Sorry if I missed anyone, you are all on my mind and hoping everybody is having a great day!
Lola

Sandy Navas
February 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Joe's off to Saudi Arabia on business this Friday. Don't have any interest in traveling there so I'll stay here and sew. Have any of you read GONE WITH THE WIND? I've seen the movie a number of times. The book is really as wonderful as they say!

Have read Gone with the Wind - one of my very favorite books. Read it in two days when I was 15 and have seen the movie several times. I do believe I have an alter-ego that lived at Tara.

Spent 22 years in Saudi Arabia. Many from Great Britain working there - funny the wives seldom come to live and only a few came to visit. Guess that is more because it didn't take near as long for the guys to fly home as it would for the American men . . . does that make any sense? Gotta love the British chicks who stayed home keeping the household going!!

quiltingtrish
February 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Well, I am freezing here. No, the furnace is still not working. Katie just said the the temperature on the wall says its about 59 in here. Brrrr. Don't know when the circuit board is coming, better be soon. Good thing I had a shower last night when it was 65 in here, don't want to think about taking one tonight. Yes, the winds are whipping here too and I think that is not helping.

Have a Guild meeting tonight so that means I'll have about 2 hours in a warm building.

Will also talk to Odie tonight. DH talked to him last night and said he didn't cough once, so that's good. But, I want to talk to him. He said this morning that he was waiting for an inspection in his room and was hiding in the bathroom with his cell phone so he could tell me that he hoped I would have a good day. Isn't that sweet?

Wow - London - Vacation returns - getting a finger cut - a visit with a brother after many years - a visit to MSQC - what am I missing here? Lots of news from everyone. I always enjoy reading what everyone is up to and praying for those that need them - even cut fingers, Ouchie!

Well, it's 5 o'clock here and that means go find something for dinner so it's ready before I leave for the meeting. Also want to take a ham out of the freezer so I can make some ham and bean soup and maybe warm up this place when I actually cook the ham.

Have a good evening everyone.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
February 8th, 2011, 07:01 PM
MSQC update. Walked in and felt like I knew everyone there intimately. What a great welcome and a great time. I had to ask for napkins to keep the drool off the fabrics. I really don't know how anyone could work there and not go absolutely nuts. Such wonderful, beautiful pieces of fabrics. Jenny was working the Gammil and having fun. Natalie even broke out a new template that they are going to be marketing . . . believe me, that's something I will HAVE to buy - but I'm not going to steal their thunder now. You just have to wait. I traveled with my little sister and her neighbor (a grade school friend from a few years back) and have to say I curtailed my spending. Picked up a couple Genius charm packs to go with another one I'd ordered on line the other day. Amazing stuff going on here. AND you should see the packages at the front door waiting for USPS pick up!!! It is understandable why this place is so popular. Only 5 degrees out - wish it had been warmer, I'd have packed a picnic and stayed a while. The whole time I was there I kept saying "FINISH SOMETHING FIRST!" . . . that's all that kept me from bankrupting myself.

EsGrandma
February 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hi everybody, Hope you stay warm quilting trish and enjoy your guild meeting. OK, Sandy - your trip sounds fabulous! Don't think that I could have resisted breaking the budget! Hope everyone is staying warm and dry. I almost have casserole carriers done - need to get the rings to finish them. At least this weather is conducive to finishing some projects!

Blondie
February 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Oh Sandy, I so envy you being able to go into the MSQC headquarters! Lucky ducky. Sounds like it would was a good time for all; I would've been happy just being a fly on the wall.

Shauna, glad you made it home safe and sound! I know our Patticakes is not even thinking of snow or ice! Anyway, so good to see you here. I thought that was you waving as you passed by!

Lola, I also enjoy The Last Lecture. I don't have it on CD - I will occasionally watch one of the many on youtube. Such a remarkable human being.

I was able to sit and sew a wee bit today. I have a handbag almost completed. I was intending to give it to my DD, but I may have to keep it for myself. After dinner I will finish it. Once I get my camera batteries I will take some long overdue pictures. I use rechargeables but they have finally bit the dust. So, I need to get another pack.

Later, girlies.

Sandy Navas
February 8th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I almost have casserole carriers done - need to get the rings to finish them. At least this weather is conducive to finishing some projects!

Really want to see pictures of your casserole carriers when they are done. I found these beautiful pre-quilted ROUND placemats the other day and want to slit the top one and add handles. I'm debating whether I'll need a stiffener in the bottom or not. Guess I just have to get brave and cut one in half and wing it. What are you using for handles? I'm thinking I'll use the rope-webbing used in upholstery work or maybe even 3/4 inch round dowels. Not sure yet.