View Full Version : We finally made it home.......

Divine Daisy
May 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
We just got home from emptying Mr D's mother's house. The removal men were great but it was a very longggggg two days. She has moved to be closer to my SIL and we were in charge of emptying the house as she had a hip replacement last week.

We were tired (and frankly quite smelly) by the time it was all done. It was a long drive each way too so for us it is bath and bed. Mr D was a bit choked as it was the end of an era for him.

Hopefully I will be in a fit state to sew tomrrow. I am slipping behind.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Welcome back, glad for safe travels.

Sandy Navas
May 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Is this THE SIL????

It isn't easy, is it? Sending many hugs and lots of love to both of you!!

May 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Oooh. That is hard.
We did GrandFIL's place when he passed. I had been helping him square some things away after his wife passed. I at least knew where he wanted some of the things to end up. It was not pleasant among the family.
Big hugs for you and Stewart on completing that difficult job.

A hot shower and bed sound like the best medicine for sure.

Divine Daisy
May 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Yep! THE SIL. She micro managed us from 300 miles away the whole day. Lost count of the number of calls we got, because naturally we don't have a brain cell between us do we.

Don;t get me started lol

Jean Sewing Machine
May 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
My back aches just listening to what you had to do. Hope it didn't wear you out too much.

K. McEuen
May 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
My mom and I cleared out and closed up my grandma's house when she moved in with us right after I graduated high school. Not sure how one old lady can store away so many new things under the premise of "I was saving those for special times" while wearing dresses that were darn near rags. Well the special things got packed and they raggy things got left behind and she never once noticed. It sure was an experience and we didn't have anyone other than Grandma to supervise and she was pretty easy to slip things by.

I'd be tempted to change my phone number and not tell the SIL. ;)

May 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
So glad you finally got it done. I know how exhausting and exasperating that can be. Now clean up and rest up, for a day or two. If I know you you will get caught up before the due date.

May 3rd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Reading this, my first thought was "oh, it's the SIL". So sorry that besides the emotional stuff Mr D is dealing with - to have it compounded by the shrew. Oy.
Hugs to you dear lady.


May 3rd, 2013, 07:50 AM
It is never easy. Glad you got home safely.

May 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Sounds like an exhausting day! Hope you are feeling rested today and can get some sewing done for you!

Tanya D
May 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Sounds like there's a back story about the SIL that I don't know about. At the risk of getting you all frustrated, I won't ask. But if she wanted to be so involved that she had to phone several times a day, why didn't she come and help???

May 4th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Such a mixed bag of emotions when parents move. If they are moving to assisted living, etc that is a whole 'nother batch of emotions. It is the end of an era, but new memories will be made in new places. I know this from experience. Hope you are rested up at this point and have gotten some sewing done. Hugs, Lisa