PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday! 2/8

toggpine
February 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Hello Everybody!
It is 10:30 PST! Where is everybody? Sleeping in or having lunch?

I finished my swap blocks so they will be off in the mail today. I'll start on Em's aardvark after I finish off the pesky power point presentation revisions.

Have a great day!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
February 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I think everyone must have some icicles hanging from their fingers. I made a run out this morning to my chiropractor and the post office and just got back. Baby, it's cold outside.

Off to work on Zoe's quilt top.

NM Lady
February 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Hello everyone.

It's still chilly, but warming up here.. The weather is supposed to get bad again during the week, but right now I'm going to enjoy the warmth.

Finished my BOM. Last week finished my sister's BOM. Even though I don't love the colors, I'm learning a lot which was the goal. Thinking someone might enjoy the quilt when it is finished.

Stay warm, keep safe and may God bless.

janluna
February 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone. It's snowing here and is supposed to get worse as the day goes on. The temps are supposed to drop too. Hope everyone got their furnaces fixed and you are warm again. Sandy how is your MIL?Hugs, Jan L

rebeccas-sewing
February 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Last week everyone in the U.S. was talking about the wild winter weather, tons of snow, wind, sleet, ice. Is everyone snowed in? How did the weather forecasting turn out? Did you get as much snow as was predicted? I can see from the blog that MSQC got lots of snow. It's really gloomy in London but it's warmed up a bit. I'm actually seeing some plants beginning to bloom. For those of you in Australia, how is it going there since the cyclone hit? Hopefully, all our quilting friends are safe and sound. My heart goes out to all who are experiencing heating problems, frozen pipes, etc. I know that's not fun to deal with. I guess all of those who have fireplaces have them blazing! Perfect weather for quilting.

EsGrandma
February 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Good afternoon! Hope everyone is having a good day - Our pipes finally defrosted and there were no broken pipes, but the cold water won't turn off now - my dh has returned to the hardware store and hopefully this will fix everything! Our weather is supposed to get really cold tomorrow with more snow - I've been looking at spring material and ordered some this morning - we can dream! Need to finish some casserole carriers this afternoon - want to get them done for gifts. Keep warm everybody and happy stitching!

quiltingtrish
February 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone! Unfortunately, at 10:30 in the morning I was at work. Can't wait until summer when I'm off from school.
Nope - furnace isn't fixed yet. Said it is the circuit board - seems a faulty wire in the outside air conditioner unit blew out the board. Well, I don't THINK we have had the air conditioner on lately - so huh? Anyways, he has to order one. Good thing we've had a space heater going so it really isn't that cold in the house - about 65, I can handle that.
Odie got to the doctor today. Yeah! Gave him some more medicine and told him no PT for a week. Sure hope that takes care of it.
Still having trouble in 'the Katie department'. Hates school, has backstabbing friends, and thinks we are so against her. 16, attitude, and knows it all - can't wait until she's older.
Oh quilting - still working on UFO's. Hope to do some tonight.
Didn't see Blondie here - hope her day is going well.

Have a great evening and I'll check back later.

Hugs,

bakermom
February 7th, 2011, 07:01 PM
been snowing here all day so i went upstairs to sew. Dh is out shoveling, has been for quite a while. we just had an avalanche of snow from the roof, not where he was fortunately. guess my poor van won't get dug out this week

GlendaSue
February 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Our furnace too had a "broken" circuit board...according to the repair man who would order us another one for a little over a thousand dollars. Our friend who is a A/C repairman came in and looked at it...blew out a hose that had collected some dust and low and behold...no circuit board needed. Was the first repairman hungry, greedy or just plain uneducated on furnaces and A/C combinations ? I don't know. Our friend would not accept payment for blowing in a hose. Of course, we paid him a fee, but it wasn't for a thousand dollars.

quiltingtrish
February 7th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the advice Glenda Sue. When he came the last time, he said our furnace is old and the next time (which is now) that we'd be lucky if the circuit board didn't blow. We did have a friend in to look at it that retired from repairing furnaces and he actually is the one who told us that was what went before the heating company came out. And, I don't think it will cost us a thousand dollars. He said the last time it was about a hundred. So I asked why did it blow out only after 3 years and he said it was 2 different reasons. Okay, well as long as it's not a thousand dollars. Maybe I should move to Tampa and then I wouldn't need a furnace. I wish. I would need to find a richer husband for that to happen. Then I would need year round air conditioning and wouldn't get outside as much as I do here. I hope they can get the part in tomorrow. It's going to get cold tonight with the snow we are getting.

Thanks again.
Hugs,

sewsoft
February 7th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Hi Ladies:icon_wave:

Blondie
February 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/jester2411/Good%20Evening/tiggerGE.gif

Hi Ladies
I can't believe I didn't get a chance to log in this morning. Late night with the game last evening and then Mom needed me early this a.m. She was sick on her tummy and I was not sure if a doctor would be required. She's okay now. I think it may be the gall bladder issue.

Didn't get much done of anything today, just visiting with Mom. Not much to say except, I am so glad that the Packers won last night. Yes, there was joy in Mudville. All into the wee hours hubs was getting calls from those who couldn't come to watch the game ~ congratulating him as if he were the one responsible for their win. Giggles. Men!

Have a good evening, ladies.

Blondie

janluna
February 7th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Trish I'm so glad Odie got some medical attention! So maybe he can get well. Poor kid. As for your furnace, I'm glad you had, like Glenda , a friend that wouldn't cheat you. Some repair guys are just horrible, and take people to the cleaners. It seems the heating and ac people are notorious for that.
You're right Blondie, Men indeed! Can't live with em, pass the beer nuts! lol My Joe was really happy the packers won last night too. I'm sorry your Mom is feeling poorly. We'll say prayers for her.
It's snowing wet heavy snow tonight and the temp is dropping. The wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow and make it colder. I'm glad I have electric heat. When I compare bills with everyone who has electric, fuel, and or gas, we are further ahead in the bill dept.
We insulated really well and since, our bills have been cut way down. The only bad thing is if the power goes out I'm sunk. Since that happens rarely I guess I must say thank God for our blessings!
Well Ladies, have a good night and I'll be lurking around. Love to all, Jan L