PDA

View Full Version : How's Your Day Today?

Sew Perfect
May 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
It's a cold day in Kansas today, but I really don't mind it too much. I have some painting and sewing to do as I'm working on a friendship braid table runner for a swap, so will enjoy my time in the house.

Yesterday, I weeded the front flower beds and that was quite enjoyable.

How is your weather and what are you up to today?

Momofmonsters5
May 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
It's 8pm here so were winding down for bed. Had a fabulous day with quilting friends

kensington
May 2nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Yes, it's dreary, wet, and cold here in Northwest Mo too. LOL. It's been sleeting a while now. Supposed to turn to snow. I was thinking it was spring! I'm watching the closing arguments of the Jodi Arias trial. There is finally an end in sight to that. I will probably put on some big socks here in a minute and head into my sewing room to play with my toys!

sally
May 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Sunny and warming up. Finally a nice spring day and about time too...we are going fishing this weekend. Just me and the DH and our beagle. Can't wait!

cindyinohio
May 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
It's in the high 70's here (Ohio) and beautiful. I've a friend in Colorado and family in Nebraska and have been watching your weather. No offense, but I hope it doesn't come here!!! I've had all the cold yucky weather I can handle for this year!!
I've been putting my quilting space back together today ( had water leak and had to have all the carpet relayed ) . Got all my fabric reorganized and tables rearranged. Now to the family room. ( Had to do the most important first!!)

dwil23
May 2nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Dreary and a bit windy. Actually a little chilly, too. It hasn't rained since last night, but I hope more is on the way. I'm not minding it at all. We will have way too many scorching hot, blinding sunshiny days soon. Wish I didn't have to go to work tonight. Sigh. I would put a nice warm soup or stew on to cook and keep on sewing. I have finished all machine work on my friend's Mother's Day quilt, now just have to hand stitch the binding down, so I would probably let the girls pick something to watch on TV and stitch away.

SarahYoo
May 2nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
It's wet, wet, wet in NE Florida today. Flood advisory has been issued until Saturday, pretty much non stop rain until then. We are heading down to Tampa tomorrow for the weekend, must remember to pack the ponchos for our visit to Busch Gardens :lol:

Jean Sewing Machine
May 2nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
It's wet, wet, wet in NE Florida today. Flood advisory has been issued until Saturday, pretty much non stop rain until then. We are heading down to Tampa tomorrow for the weekend, must remember to pack the ponchos for our visit to Busch Gardens :lol:
Florida gals, I'm going to Orlando tomorrow. Guess I need my raincoat. Yuck!

Bubby
May 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
It's cool, rainy and windy here. Jeff left for his hunting trip this morning, so I have the whole day to myself, although i've been running errands and shopping. I also caught up on the laundry and changed the bed. When I get off here I have some strips to sew for a JRR quilt. It's really quiet with Molly and Jeff gone....I may have to invite some friends over this evening.

dwil23
May 2nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Florida gals, I'm going to Orlando tomorrow. Guess I need my raincoat. Yuck!

Sorry, Jean and Sarah. We need the rain, too bad it decided to come at the same time you did. The upside of it is when it's raining, the lines in the parks are usually REALLY short.

Sarah - you will be in my "neck of the woods". I'm just a few minutes from BG.

buckeyequilter
May 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
It's a beautiful day here...get off work in a few minutes. I think I'll work on a quilt for a while and then work in the bedroom...it needs a good cleaning and I still have clothes to get rid of.

SarahYoo
May 2nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Sorry, Jean and Sarah. We need the rain, too bad it decided to come at the same time you did. The upside of it is when it's raining, the lines in the parks are usually REALLY short.

Sarah - you will be in my "neck of the woods". I'm just a few minutes from BG.

I know :lol: We moved here from Scotland, so I'm not phased by the rain at all ;) Good news about the lines being shorter at the park, it really wouldn't be fun waiting in the rain :lol: I am not looking forward to the drive down the I-75 if it's really wet though :(

I will wave at you, I'll be the one that looks like a drowned rat :lol:

kensington
May 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
It's been snowing to beat the band here since right after I posted last time. Just coming down, and blowing all directions as the wind is wicked too. So cold out side. I'm just thankful I had a nice day to get out of the house and make my trip yesterday. Just crazy weather!

Sandy Navas
May 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
http://virginiapublicradio.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/snow.jpg (http://virginiapublicradio.org/2013/03/06/snow-day/)

toggpine
May 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Everybody to Sandy's house for snowcones!

WendyI
May 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM

!! I worked all day...FINALLY! this being bored at work thing is NOT fun...so it was nice to be busy for a change. Tonight I sandwich and start quilting the Minecraft quilt.

Jean I hope the sun follows you and to those who have snow...PLEASE KEEP IT THERE!! Sorry...but I think you'll have to put me in a straight jacket if a snowflake comes near me!

Cathy F
May 2nd, 2013, 08:19 PM
Today was a beautiful warm day here. I haven't been able to stray too far from the house these past two weeks due to a knee and back problem but today I was scheduled for a class at the local quilt store I'd been patiently waiting for and didn't think I'd be able to go, but my husband said he would drive me there and carried my machine and all my supplies in to the store for me and said to call him when I was ready to come home. He made my day!

Sew Perfect
May 3rd, 2013, 02:12 AM
I am glad everyone had a good day today. The weather seems to be all over the place. I'm just glad that Wendy doesn't have to deal with the snow anymore. I sure wouldn't want her to be in a straight jacket! :lol: We have snow all day, just like Kensy and Sandy said. It was very much a wet cold today.