PDA

View Full Version : Wait. Didn't I learn this already?

New York Sue
May 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
I tried the 'big star' block last night, Jenny's way.
I learned awhile back, that squaring up each block, for me, is essential. So why didn't I do that?
My points are all over the place. :(
So, needless to say, I'm a rippin'....

lilmouse
May 2nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Don't you just hate frogging...I have done more than my share the last couple of days...but I also got allot done!

auntiemern
May 2nd, 2013, 03:00 PM
So sorry you have to frog :(

Sew Perfect
May 2nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
I did the same thing you're doing, Sue. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Bubby
May 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
If you are like me, you have to learn things a few times before they 'take'! Frogging builds character!!!

kensington
May 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
I tried the 'big star' block last night, Jenny's way.
I learned awhile back, that squaring up each block, for me, is essential. So why didn't I do that?
My points are all over the place. :(
So, needless to say, I'm a rippin'....

Was it once, a long time ago, in a dream? Cause that happens. :icon_heh:

New York Sue
May 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
And this is what happens when you square up your blocks!

'BIG star' Part II

WVGranny
May 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM
Real nice colors it is going to be beautiful

nanaleslie
May 2nd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Great looking block Sue. I think its the old age, speaking of me of course. I always seem to forget something and it causes more frustration. Your quilt is going to look very nice with the fabrics you chose. :icon_bigsmile:

Ellimay
May 3rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
Very nice , when done it will be spectacular. Love the color blend.

Suesquilts
May 3rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Very very nice. It usually takes me a couple of tries before I get it right I'm always in a hurry to get things done, but quilts should not stress me out like that!!! I hate frogging!!

madampolo
May 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Jenny never squares anything in her videos, and her quilts all seem to go together without a problem. Once she said, you might want to square this to 4 1/2 inches, which is as close as she comes. I square routinely.

Patrice
May 4th, 2013, 01:57 PM
beautiful. I made a purse from this fabric

HdWench
May 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Oh the color combo is stunning! Gosh so sorry you had to unpick it *yuck* my 2nd least sewing thing!!! Had to even get a new seam ripper working on the Scrappy Trips blocks but I still hate it LOL

So glad you got it fixed, this is going to be gorgeous!

:-Debbie