PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksday, Everyone!

SallyO'Sews
May 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Today I am thankful it is Thursday, because that means the weekend is coming! I'm also thankful that my DIL was able to fix the mailbox her husband (my DS#4) knocked over with my car yesterday morning.

Notice that he is now "HER HUSBAND" and not "MY SON"... :icon_heh:

Hope you all have a joyous rest of the day, and a beautiful weekend! And all you Plains-Staters who are having snow, come visit us in Connecticut - it's going to be sunny and 70-ish for the next few days!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Granny Judy
May 2nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Awww, Thankful Thursday---- Just thankful to be able to come here and visit with all of the amazing people who share in my addiction. It is nice to know that I am not alone in my "saving" fabrics and notions. Send me your uglies, cast offs, never used fabrics and I'll create a usable item... That's my motto and I'm happy to be stuck with it..

EmmaB
May 2nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
A thankful post! Just what I need after DD19 threw me a little bit of a curveball this morning!

I'm thankful for: my family, all that I have and am able to have, that the work week is coming to an end and I will be able to work with my newly found hobby of quilting this weekend and maybe just relax from all the worries of the week. Also thankful for the M*Q for all the tutorials and this wonderful forum full of information and assistance!!! I don't chime in a lot on the forum but I do read until my eyes bleed!! lol

Speaking of reading the forum, someone mentioned a few days ago about tutorials on cutting. I never thought much about the actual cutting and was just going to do as I always do with anything and measure twice & cut once and have a clear head while doing so. Are there some helpful tips and tricks I need to know and if so, are there tutorials?

auntiemern
May 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Thankful that I am getting better daily and was actually able to make a quilt the other day. Thankful for NOT having the kids today or tomorrow, and that DH is leaving for the weekend. I need some alone with just me time. Thankful for the wonderful ladies on here that have made so many wonderful quilts for the PICU. That always makes me smile.

Blondie
May 2nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
I am thankful that my Mom is home from the hospital and seems to be holding her own. I am thankful to have a family that pulls together and a Sister that shares my passion for Mom's healthcare. I am also thankful for a husband who doesn't mind taking the backseat now and then for that.
I am also very thankful indeed for my marvelous quilty family here at MSQC.
Blondie