PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday

Monique
May 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Good morning friends. I really don't have anything inspiring to say this fine morning like Blondie usually does.

At work yesterday I did a pretty good job sorting the mail. I had never done this before and I was lucky to have had most of the box numbers on them. It sure made my job easier. And it was a busy afternoon to boot.

Today is another work day, and I am actually counting the days down to my last day, May 11.

Tomorrow is Greg's birthday. WOW! 29 years ago I was blessed with a boy. What a joy he has been and no mom could be any prouder.

I am getting geared up for a quilt retreat from May 23-26. I am a retreat virgin and am not sure what happens there. I will know some people there, which is a bonus. I am partnered with another lady and we are making supper on the Friday. We now have a menu.

Summer has arrived here. What a beautiful day this will be.

Have a wonderful day friends.

MRoy
May 2nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Good morning! I did some painting in my sewing studio after work yesterday. The shelves in the back are unfinished wood and I'm painting them off-white so they'll blend with the walls. Slowly, very slowly it's coming together.

Mpyles
May 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning all!!

Today is day 2!!!! Yeeeeehaw!!! My goodness the last 3 days have been gueling! Seems like in order to take a vacation you have to work really hard the week before you go so someone can manage your job while gone, then when you get back you have to work really hard to get it all caught back up!

I did manage after dragging myself in the house last night to make it in my sewing room and make a label for the tshirt quilt. Need to sew that on tonight as well as still cut all those thread hangers on

Can you believe they are calling for snow tonight/tomorrow in Missouri. Here locally it hasn't snowed in may in 69 years! Craaaaazzzy!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

MayinJerset
May 2nd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Just a quick Good Morning to everyone as plumber is due in about a 30 minutes to install gas fireplace. Hope all goes well and quickly as our gas supply will be turned off until the installation is complete. DH will be there to assist him if needed and I'll be doing paper work while the work is being done, paying bills etc. and little chores around the house.

Bubby
May 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Good Morning,

Jeff left this morning at 4 am for his huntng trip. The weather looks terrible...we just had a major downpour. They are getting wild weather to the north of us...Kansas City with snow in May!!

Myrna, I'm glad your room is coming along. A little bit when you can and before long you will get to the fun part of moving in your fabric and sewing machine. It will all be worth it.

I'm doing laundry and will devote most of today to housework and errands. I have to run to WalMart to pick up a few things. I also cut out strips for a Jellyroll qult for PICU. I'm falling a little behind with my sewing.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thursday. If you are getting extreme weather in your area please take care.

Hugs, Barb

Bailey65
May 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

We certainly do miss Blondie when she is away :) I spent the entire day yesterday in my sewing room finishing a quilt top. I cannot go any further because I have no basting spray or batting. Next pay day I will be off to Joann's to get what I need to get it done :)

This morning I am heading to my office to get some work done but after I am hoping to get back to the sewing room to start some curtains. I hope ALL of you have a fun filled day with lots of sewing in your future!!!

aliaslaceygreen
May 2nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Good morning,all!

Monique, you should LOVE your retreat!!! Bring slippers!! Seriously, that was one of the few things I forgot when I went to my first one! I quilt barefoot, but you don't want to be walking all over with nothing on your feet... so, socks with grippy soles or flip flops or something...plus you never know the temperature and where the cold air comes from in relation to where you sit... keeping the tootsies happy....(oh, and DON'T forget your bucket of THREAD!!! LOL)

I am off the PC in a minute. Conference call for work, and then I MUST alter this dress for DD!!!

Then, general housekeeping that can't be put off any longer I suppose....

Quilt meeting yesterday was good... Eleanor Burns sister Pat is a hoot!

Granny Judy
May 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Just a howdy do to all this morning.. Hope your day is filled with happy thoughts and lots of energy to get 'er done.

I'm still a bit sore from yard work yesterday.. cleaned up the front sitting area and raked up the messes in the planter beds. (four- built in ground- just in the front yard) .

Have a great time at the retreat, Monique. I know you'll have so much fun meeting all the peeps...
Myrna, that sewing room is coming along... I bet you'll be in there before long.
Hugs to everyone..grab as many as ya need..

CrazyMtnLady
May 2nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Good morning all. Hope you are all having a nice morning.

My horse and mule broke the latch on their gate and got out last night. Luckily they only wanted the tall grass that we haven't mowed yet. So they hadn't gone anywhere. I just got their grain buckets and a little grain and they came running. Latching up the gate was not fun!

Weather is suppose to turn nasty later today. Not looking forward to that. I think someone should arrest Punxsutawney Phil...because he sure was wrong about Spring coming early! I can't believe there might be snow in May!!!!! We have had temperatures close to 90*F for the last 3 or 4 days and now they are calling for 30's and 40's for the rest of the week and weekend. UGH! Our trees are blooming and it is going to be so hard on them if they get snow on them.

Going to work on my cleaning the sewing area today and hopefully something will jump out at me that says....Sew Me! I need a break from cleaning. :)

Have a wonderful day. Hugs and prayers to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Hi everybody, busy day today, I want to try to finish one or two more quilts for the PICU, and then pack for DISNEYWORLD! I leave tomorrow at 5:30 a.m. Will be back late Monday night. Lisa and Karen will have to keep the spammers under control. i'm taking my iPad so may be able to check in. Last year the wifi was spotty in getting online when we were there, we'll see how it works this year. Lots of rain in Florida, hope we get at least one decent day.

slave2myjob
May 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone....I hope that everyone has a great day. I'm in a great mood because I plan to do some fabric shopping today!! :D Enjoy !!!

Sandy Navas
May 2nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Two more freedom days for me. YEAH!! Got a text message this morning that I wouldn't be needed until Saturday. So that means two days of sewing, creating time. First off I have a couple small requests from DD and then on to Cardinal Glennon PICU stuff!! Hope that we can get three wrapped up in the next several days.

Very cold and very rainy and very nasty outside. YUCKO!! I need some nice weather to lift my spirits - but at least I have an excuse now to hide out in my closet and stitch.

Hope all are doing well, enjoying whatever activities are happening!! Prayers, warm wishes, and someone special to do your dishes!! Oh, and since Blondie isn't here with us this morning,

http://www.palcampaign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/smile25.jpg (http://www.palcampaign.com/2011/03/26/forbes-make-smile-happen/)

Lisapc
May 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Good morning all. My BF/partner lost a close relative to a massive heart attack on Monday. I am dealing with my busy week and hers as well. I have 3 1/2 blocked off for tomorrow for some rest.

I miss the forum more than I care to admit. I miss my sewing room even more.

I wish everyone good weather and belly laughs today. Praying for those that need it!

GinnyKNC
May 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Good Morning All,

I had an interview yesterday and they told the consulting firm I nailed the interview! So I hope they decide to bring me on, but with so many people to interview you just never know. I have another interview Monday afternoon for a different company. Any prayers you can send up for me would be appreciated.

I finished quilting the NFL Panther quilt (Go Steelers LOL) last night. Now to square it up, make the binding and bind it. Then wash and dry it and it's off to it's new home. Then I can move on to some fun stuff. I have two more great niece/nephews coming this year and need to get some quilts, receiving blankets and burp cloths done. I also have to get my niece's wild pink and orange quilt done and my neighbor is also having another baby.

Does anyone else have a hard time getting things done for yourself? I really want to get to my quilts (there are two I want for myself) and my list seems to grow and grow. Besides the items listed above I also have 5 other great nephews and a great niece that need quilts (haha 'need' that is funny). I have the material for my moms quilt also. UGH the list never ends. Sometimes I think I'll never get to my quilts. But I so love to give family quilts :)

May 10th & 11th is Springs Creative's Spring Sale open to the public. I can't wait!!! Great Prices and wonderful items. It is cash only which is a good thing for me. It keeps me in check. They have two of these a year. A Spring Sale and Fall Sale that are open to the public. If anyone is within driving distance of Rock Hill, SC it is so worth going. Lot's of quilting cotton fabrics, lots of other fabrics as well, lots of kits and all kinds of good stuff. I'm excited but won't be able to purchase much this time if I don't get another job soon.

Prayers for those who need them, Hugs for those in need and Blessings to All :)

buckeyequilter
May 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.allgraphics123.com/ag/01/10035/10035.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and say good morning.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers & hugs

WendyI
May 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Morning all!! It's 10:44 a.m. and I've already had two meetings! uhg. Woke up with a headache this morning so running in to a 9 a.m. meeting, rapidly followed by one at 10 for which I was not well prepared has really put a funk in my day. I hate not being prepared!

I am so envious of those of you taking vacations right now as I sorely need one myself! Have a few sippies and think of me will ya?!

This week I need to finish the minecraft quilt and then I'll be taking a break from sewing and probably the forum for a while....yard work is huge this year so I have to get on that and then we'll be off camping. Haven't planned anything in particular but hope to get at least one cross-border trip in!

Hope everyone has a FANTABULOUS day!! Almost Friday!!! :D

bakermom
May 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
I put off working on the falling charms quilt until I finish off a couple baby things. DD is due at any moment. I went over yesterday to entertain GS while DD finished up some things she needed to do.
It's a beautiful day here again (you folks can keep your snow in Missouri, please). I'm hoping to get the flower beds cleaned out a bit so i can add some new perennials.

EmmaB
May 2nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Good morning ladies! The weather is gorgeous right now and I'm stuck inside this dreary office. Sounds like everyone is like me....trying to find time to sew, quilt or do whatever it is they enjoy. With spring comes yard work so that adds to the "to do" list which makes it that much harder. We are suppose to have rainy weather through the weekend so I'm going to try to take advantage of that. Can't believe the weathermen are predicting snow to my southwest neighbors that's so crazy!

and Monique, I'm so jealous. A quilt retreat sounds so fun! I hope you have a great time. <<<sigh>>>> one of these days!

Have a great day everyone!

toggpine
May 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Good Morning!
We had a good report on Mom from the orthopedic Dr. At five weeks post surgery she is way ahead of where he thought she would be. Mom is walking with a cane instead of the walker and is off of the blood thinner. She's doing well at her PT too. She's still ouchy, but he explained that over the years, the inside tendon shortened up as she wore that side of her knee down. It didn't particularly like being stretched back all at once, and is telling her so.

In theory, my step-son will be moved out by the end of the month. (I'll believe it when the last box crosses into his apartment.) We are going to turn his room into an office/spare bedroom. That is going to take some paint! It is currently "Pooh's Umbrella" blue; think of a dark royal blue. I am searching for wood working patterns for a trundle bed for in there. That way I don't have to have the room taken up with a full/queen sized bed, but we could have couples stay without one having to sleep on the floor.

I did get some horrible news. One of our dear friends had their home burn to the ground on Sunday. Several of us are trying to round up some clothes and other household items for them without it turning into a well-intentioned junk pile. My other friends who live a lot closer have already taken over enough supplies so that they can at least get the farm chores done. Thankfully the family is all fine, but they did loose the house cats and two brand-new baby goats that were in a tote in the kitchen. (They monitor the new ones and get them well-started on the bottle before putting them back in the barn with the other babies.) She is just wrecked. So if you have a minute, could you send up a prayer of support for Felecia and her family during all of this. Thanks.

The sun is shining here and there are many things to be thankful for, so I shall get on with my list of chores for the day and try to bring a smile to someone else's face today. How about you?

Hugs all around!
Cathy

auntiemern
May 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Late getting on today. Good afternoon all. I WILL get something productive done today, and tomorrow. Will have the house to myself this weekend, and if not for watching the kids Sat evening, I would get a lot done. (At least that is the plan). Off to get busy, but not overdo. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.